Favorites - Which arcs are your favourite, least favourite? Why? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Which arcs are your favourite, least favourite? Why?

Which arcs are your favourite?

• The Fire Tribe arc

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • The Water Tribe arc

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • The Awa arc

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • The Forest arc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Sei arc

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • The Fugitive arc

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • The Xing arc

• Other

• Total voters

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
while you did clear things for me here n there.. i dont believe one has to be king to have responsibility towards their country.. besides yona is still a princess.. so ofcource she has a right to serve her country.. at that time.. law wasnt as hard as this modern world..
Yona wasn t the heir of her father, but only the future wife of his successor . It is just a natural consequence that the ruler is responsible for the wellbeing of the country(, even if we exclude real history), since King Il was blamed to be an incapable king. If the king should not be the one mainly responsible for the wellbeing, why did the people criticize King Il for failing at taking care of the country?
Yona is different as a woman and princess she had little political influence and therefore cannot be held accountable for the wellbeing of the country.
In this story the main character chose to interfer and she took it voluntarily on herself to help her country.

i understand soo won being antagonist.. n author wanting to keep mysteries around him.. the problem is.. the pattern is repetitive.. a change in beween 2/3 arcs would be nice tbh.. thats what im saying..
Would be nice, but I don t think that this will happen.

n i understand he wasnt sitting around just because we didnt see what he was doing.. but id like a simple one page thingy that explains won went to there there.. or there to do this that n that..
i dont think a simple one page wouod hurt much even to the fans.. as its a monthly manga anyway..
That would be nice...I would be delighted.

about fire tribe.. i dont remember everything clearly.. but i believe even that problem was introduced by yona n co. n later we switched to the battle field n found out soo won..
Yeah...that is due to the perspective since the narrative focuses on Yona that doesn t mean Soo Won didn t prepare himself. I just don t think that the mangaka thought so deeply about his deeds.

n no.. i dont mean soo won contact yona.. i mean.. from a readers PoV.. a problem introduced from soo won.. n yona n co. joining that event/arc after.. would be nice..
That would be nice, but I think the only time we will see the story focusing on Soo Won will be when his story will be explained.

i guess im just not that good at explaining things.. lol
Miscommunications happens even in real life, so it is no wonder that happens when there is just written text. ^^

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Yona wasn t the heir of her father, but only the future wife of his successor . It is just a natural consequence that the ruler is responsible for the wellbeing of the country(, even if we exclude real history), since King Il was blamed to be an incapable king. If the king should not be the one mainly responsible for the wellbeing, why did the people criticize King Il for failing at taking care of the country?
Yona is different as a woman and princess she had little political influence and therefore cannot be held accountable for the wellbeing of the country.
In this story the main character chose to interfer and she took it voluntarily on herself to help her country.
i mean.. yes the main responsibility falls on to the king.. but thats the ultimate authority.. as citizen.. every person has a responsibility towards their country from my perspective.. n its not like yona is anyone normal.. she has 5 exceptional people with her.. n all..

i mean which country even in this era wont want that people with those kind of power help the country.. even tho we can fly(zae-ha) create bombs(kija power).. use drugs to cause heart attack(shin-ah lol).. (zeno excluded for reasosn :p)..

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Well I didn t say that she was not allowed to help or interfer, but I can only see it in the way that these problems bothered Soo Won far more since he is the king and that is his job, than Yona. Even Hak said that she had no responsibility.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Well I didn t say that she was not allowed to help or interfer, but I can only see it in the way that these problems bothered Soo Won far more since he is the king and that is his job, than Yona. Even Hak said that she had no responsibility.

umm.. i think soo won didnt have enough time to prepare against the ship attacks.. n even if he tried.. it wouldve caused war.. so thats definitely one time where yona n co. were very useful to him..

also.. in sei arc maybe? the signal from hak n assistance from the dragons obviously is the reason soo won was able to make it in time to save lily.. pretty sure that built the trust between him n water tribe more than the nadai event did..

also.. hak is hak lol! even in xiing arc.. he had a 1/2 page dialogue where his concept was.. he wants to basically kill/ massacre anyone in yonas way.. i dont think hak is the type of person who feels strongly towards his country.. more like people he knows..

but i get your point.. it is technically getting in the way.. but definitely on those two occasions.. it helped a lot..

im still not sure about xiing arc tho.. won wanted to establish a show of koukas true power to send a massage to other nations by going along with the war.. but i guess the meeting helped kouren know won personally from a different perspective.. so idk.. n gobi was as you probably said before had more to do With this than yona ultimately..

Tsukuyo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I like water tribe arc.
1) I like this arc mainly because Riri appears. When I saw her, I knew she l'll would be a good warrior
2) Jeaha called his new friends "family". It was very good moment.
3) Soo won x Riri frist meet - I ship them
4)Yona's fight.
I admire the artistic style of Kusanagi senpai and her story written in Yona