Hangout - Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Which branch or the military would you have joined? Would you have joined at all?

What is your choice?

• Stationary Troops, the first line of defense

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Scouting Legion, the hope of survival

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Police Force, the keepers of peace

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Not the military...royalty pretty please?:wtf

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

ArmoredTitan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Scouting Legion...... I have imagined myself killing those shitty titans.....

MajiinX

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I would join the SL for sure since I was a Scout/Sniper for the 101st Airborne IRL so SL would defiantly be for me.

Now that I think of it if we had to fight titans in this day and age the 101st would be the best to beat them since we can just repel out of helicopters with swords and cut their necks :D.

Nanozom

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Scouting Legion. Definitly the legion.
But I don´t want to die either...
Maybe I just sign up as Hanji´s assistant.
Maybe some of her insane survivor luck spreads to the people around here...since she interacts on titans on a unhealthy basis.
Yes...scouting research assistant.
Not foolish enough to die first, not helpless enough to die fast.
the best of two worlds.
:)

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think I would be suited for the military in any scenario. Now, the context of the manga is indeed quite special for this sort of thing. Being within the wall, technology at best made out of steam punk wet dreams, the death of 20% of humanity over the past 5 years.... Its not the sort of world where there are many opportunities and without those the military is always a good opportunity to not starve and have a moderately stable income. I mean, imagine the kids who survived the first wall breach. The world changed dramatically overnight, parents died and the world became a more unforgiving place. Its not even about actual fulfillment anymore, its about survival. Eren and co displayed it a tad different because the military was always their goal but that will hardly be the mentality of the rest. Anyways, I don't think I am the sort of guy that would find much fulfillment in the military or serving the motherland and whatnot... Scouting legion would be out of the question for me. For me the military would be more of a step in between things, a way to move forward. The death rates at the scouting legion are for lunatics, heroes, people with a death wish (even with all the things said about being capable of making sacrifices and whatnot) and overall not suited for someone with a more long term approach to things. So that leaves the military police and stationary guard. The stationary guard does not seem to do much most of the time safe for fixing the wall and firing the cannons so it is not a particularly appealing group. Being outside the inner walls also has its issues. Moving over a larger area over more rural locations would make it easier for it to be a more permanent menial job so to speak. So that leaves the military police. They live within the wealthier district, it is a safer area and it is overall where the best opportunities might appear for a better future. Even if it does not work out that way the military police still has a better standing than the stationary guard.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm not at all suited for military but I'm even less suited to be royalty, so Stationary Guard I think. If I could, I'd want to get into some kind of titan research or combat strategy-related department and maybe work my way up from there. (In fact, if it was somehow guaranteed I could work full-time as part of Zoë's or another's research division, I'd probably choose the Scouting Legion just for that...)

Sigma

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'd join a sub-branch of the ST that deals with strategies and/or the improvement of cannons and/or the invention of new weapons (there is one, probably), because I'm good at these things.
That would be the Technical Squad that was mentioned a couple of times. Eren suggested that Armin join since it would make use of his intelligence. They're also the ones responsible for creating the spike wall trap that was used during the operation to plug the hole and the Trost clean up.