Discussion - Which is the better Mser Match: (Tezuka X Yukimura) or (Atobe X Romeo) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Which is the better Mser Match: (Tezuka X Yukimura) or (Atobe X Romeo)

Which Match is better?

• Tezuka VS Yukimura

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Atobe VS Romeo

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Basically, the title. Which match is better?

SUMMARY:

TEZUKA VS YUKIMURA

SET 1: Tezuka used TNK, but Yukimura countered it with Zero Sense Tennis. Yukimura won 7-5.

SET 2: Yukimura lead 3-0 by Countering Tezuka Zone/Phantom using Mirage Mirror.
But Tezuka Unleashed a new Technique ULTIMATE ZONE. And won 6 straight games. Tezuka won 6-3.

SET 3: Tezuka Continues to lead 5-0. However, Yukimura reveal his own powerup called "DREAM" which can steal Future. Yukimura level it 5-5. Before Tezuka got serious in the last 2 sets scoring with multiple service aces. And then finishing it with a surprise technique: ZERO SHIKI LOB!!!! Tezuka won 7-5.

ROMEO VS ATOBE

SET 1: Romeo shows familiarity with some of Atobe's moves like Rondo. Romeo reveals he have infinite reset that recovers his stamina to 100% . So long game is a no problem for him.
Romeo then used a very cool technique Materialization in which it creates an illusion of his opponents fear. It buffs the player illusion (which the opponent in afraid of) skills and abilities. Romeo dominated the first set and won.

SET 2: Atobe broke the illusion by understanding his fear. And understanding the strength of the players who are he is afraid of (Sanada, Ryoma, Yukimura, Shiraishi, Kite). Then he fights the illusion of himself. In which Real atobe won a close set.

SET 3: Both players keep their serve 5-5. Then, Atobe obtained an OP POWERUP.
I will call it 3 Years Time Chamber. A skill where he can use techniques that he will only acquire 3 years from the current time!!!!. He aced Romeo again and again with these techniques. Atobe also can use FUTURE HAKI (his skill 3 yrs from now where he can see slightly from the future what will his opponent do and become).
However, the downside is Atobe's current body cannot handle these future techniques. So, with only one point needed to win. Atobe almost fell down cause of side effects. Romeo used this opportunity to use Infinite Reset and 120% Hormones to make a quick comeback. Just when Romeo needed one point to equalize the match, Atobe was able to hit a shot that hit the net but have enough spin to roll to the other side. Hence, winning the set and the match!!?!

Which match is better in your opinion?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Imo this last match was better.

In Yukimura vs Tezuka, the former got 80% of the exposure and even then I never really felt he was a threat to Tezuka. You remove the big names (as in, forget who is playing who) and the match is rather lacking. I think it ranks 4th in my personal enjoyment in that round, only ahead of Oni vs QP.

Romeo, on the other hand, was relatively unknown and gave us a good match. I just think Atobe's upgrades felt unearned, even if deserved (he pretty much explained us why his opponents were cool and why they sell merch and got strong doing that because reasons). Also Atobe winning a set because he got a massive boost facing Materializar made it look like Romeo wasn't going all out since his hormone adjustment (that have no drawback that we knownof) gave him better returns.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
IMO Atobe vs Romeo was better.
I have numerous problems with the Tezuka vs Yuki match up. Yuki's 3 out of nowhere playstyle changes despite having 4 previous games this season to hint at any of them. The continued ignoring of how Yips is supposed to work. The second set being functionally skipped.

Atobe vs Romeo also has issues: Atobe fearing Shiraishi or Kite isn't in character. He also acquires an evolution out of nowhere. Romeo's Materializar doesn't fit the rest of his kit (It ironically fits Irie's acting more. I wonder if it was a scrapped ability for him). But the infinite reset was introduced early and I really liked the feeling of it as this looming threat over the match, before Atobe managed to turn it into his advantage with his Infinite Evolution before it reared its head as Atobe's body began to succumb.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I will go with Atobe VS Romeo too.

(Even if i Think Tezuka Song is better than Atobe Song.lol)

I like how Atobe and tezuka both dominated the last sets by consecutive Service Aces.

I love Service Aces. Lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

IMO Atobe vs Romeo was better.
I have numerous problems with the Tezuka vs Yuki match up. Yuki's 3 out of nowhere playstyle changes despite having 4 previous games this season to hint at any of them. The continued ignoring of how Yips is supposed to work. The second set being functionally skipped.

Atobe vs Romeo also has issues: Atobe fearing Shiraishi or Kite isn't in character. He also acquires an evolution out of nowhere. Romeo's Materializar doesn't fit the rest of his kit (It ironically fits Irie's acting more. I wonder if it was a scrapped ability for him). But the infinite reset was introduced early and I really liked the feeling of it as this looming threat over the match, before Atobe managed to turn it into his advantage with his Infinite Evolution before it reared its head as Atobe's body began to succumb.
Do you guys think Romeo would have won if that last shot by Atobe didn't go over the net?

And the match proceeded to tiebreak?

I think Romeo would have won if that shot didn't go over.

Since Atobe reached his limit. And Romeo just used Infinite Reset and 120% hormones.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

In Yukimura vs Tezuka, the former got 80% of the exposure and even then I never really felt he was a threat to Tezuka. You remove the big names (as in, forget who is playing who) and the match is rather lacking. I think it ranks 4th in my personal enjoyment in that round, only ahead of Oni vs QP.

Romeo, on the other hand, was relatively unknown and gave us a good match. I just think Atobe's upgrades felt unearned, even if deserved (he pretty much explained us why his opponents were cool and why they sell merch and got strong doing that because reasons). Also Atobe winning a set because he got a massive boost facing Materializar made it look like Romeo wasn't going all out since his hormone adjustment (that have no drawback that we knownof) gave him better returns.
The only thing I don't understand about Romeo VS Atobe is:

How the Hell does Romeo's Infinite Reset strengthen Atobe's Evolution?

Romeo Be like: I cannot reset my stamina, That will make Atobe's Infinite Evolution stronger.

And I am like WHAT?

What does resetting your own stamina have to do with your opponent's evolution?

Medanore kinda explained this. But even his explanation didn't explain well imo.

The drawback of Hormones is the activation itself

Romeo cannot use it if he is not challenged enough. He only used it against Bismarck and Atobe.

For ex. He was not able to use it against Canada Captain because his opponent is too weak. So he just used materialization in which that Captain exit mid game. Lol

Furthermore, he can only extend his hormones to 120% if he is in pinch and danger of losing which is situational

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Atobe was getting stronger every second that passed. If Romeo prolonged the match with his Infinite reset, Atobe would had gotten stronger in the meantime and widened the gap.

Romeo cannot use it if he is not challenged enough. He only used it against Bismarck and Atobe.

For ex. He was not able to use it against Canada Captain because his opponent is too weak. So he just used materialization in which that Captain exit mid game. Lol

Furthermore, he can only extend his hormones to 120% if he is in pinch and danger of losing which is situational
This wasn't stated anywhere was it?

Ganonslayer101

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will go with Atobe VS Romeo too.

(Even if i Think Tezuka Song is better than Atobe Song.lol)

I like how Atobe and tezuka both dominated the last sets by consecutive Service Aces.

I love Service Aces. Lmao

Do you guys think Romeo would have won if that last shot by Atobe didn't go over the net?

And the match proceeded to tiebreak?

I think Romeo would have won if that shot didn't go over.

Since Atobe reached his limit. And Romeo just used Infinite Reset and 120% hormones.

The only thing I don't understand about Romeo VS Atobe is:

How the Hell does Romeo's Infinite Reset strengthen Atobe's Evolution?

Romeo Be like: I cannot reset my stamina, That will make Atobe's Infinite Evolution stronger.

And I am like WHAT?

What does resetting your own stamina have to do with your opponent's evolution?

Medanore kinda explained this. But even his explanation didn't explain well imo.

Romeo absolutely had the match had Atobe not scored that last point. Romeo was in top condition and had reset his stamina while Atobe was glued to the ground in pain. So over for him.

Atobe was evolving at a constant pace and Every second longer the match proceeded, he was improving. Since Romeo wasn't aware of the limit Atobe's body was reaching, he thought reseting his stamina and going for a war of attrition would only work out badly for him. Especially since Atobe's evolution was triggered when pressured, pressuring him further was not a good idea. Thus he opted for an all-out attack

Being challenged was only the requirement to go 120%, he needed to be pushed back in order to break his limits. He can likely just do it now that he's unlocked it.

Adamska

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Yukimura vs Tezuka
I think one of the most important thing was how both of them take their road this far.
We've been seeing them, drinking then till the match.
More conversation about them was taken place.
In Atobe's match we almost certain who us the winner.
Tezuka vs Yukimura was different, it was hard to tell even during last game.
I think I prefer a match that shows the true different between players by the result. Though it is tennis we talking yet, Atobe won the match and then predicted Romeo's last trick but he was very lucky. While Tezuka overpowered Yukimura.
In case of art, Tezuka vs Yukimura was better too.
All MSers bind together in order to beat Tezuka yet they didn't. Still Yukimura was strongest MSers who faced Tezuka.
The first one who counter TNK.
In case of story, background story! Tezuka vs Yukimura had better view and details of their moves and tech was way better.
I had this rush feelings in Atobe's match and there was upside down through this match-up.
You see more strategy in Yukimura vs Tezuka than Atobe/Romeo.
Another was, side characters got more panels to show, German's coach, Egg head, Elmir, Volk ..
And of course prince on both Tezuka and Yukimura.
As a match I think Tezuka vs Yukimura was more fitting than Atobe vs Romeo.
Some of us wanted Tezuka to win the match.
He did then still shows that he has some hidden tools in store.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Romeo absolutely had the match had Atobe not scored that last point. Romeo was in top condition and had reset his stamina while Atobe was glued to the ground in pain. So over for him.

Atobe was evolving at a constant pace and Every second longer the match proceeded, he was improving. Since Romeo wasn't aware of the limit Atobe's body was reaching, he thought reseting his stamina and going for a war of attrition would only work out badly for him. Especially since Atobe's evolution was triggered when pressured, pressuring him further was not a good idea. Thus he opted for an all-out attack

Being challenged was only the requirement to go 120%, he needed to be pushed back in order to break his limits. He can likely just do it now that he's unlocked it.
And people still say they’re not G5 level 😂😂

Romeo had a good strategy but the longer the match went, the more he was at a disadvantage. If Atobe’s shot didn’t go over the net possibly Atobe would have had a hard time, but he was looking fine when the match ended so he could have continued more and more imo. In the end Romeo resetting his stamina didn’t help him much because it only made Atobe stronger the longer the match went.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I prefer Tezuka and Yukimura as I like both of them as a player whereas in Romeo match I like only Atobe. Romeo is fine I guess, but I don't really feel anything much from him as a character. I feel like the Germany players are much more interesting than him. He pretty much feels a lot like the Germany Doubles Pro whereas his character is just "I'm strong" although that might be debatable for some.