Discussion - Who helps you with your homework? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who helps you with your homework?

kawaii_i

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, so I am in college and sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I have too much homework but no time. I am looking for creative ways to do it quicker or perhaps with the help of someone. What do you guys usually do in this cases?

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
When it comes to my homework, I don't usually ask help from someone. I just search on the internet.

Unless, it's Math, of course :XD

kawaii_i

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I do the same thing but it takes awhile. Recently, I came across an app called Socratic, which is deemed to help you with subjects like Maths, History, English, etc. Here is more info on the app itself: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/websites/web-development/socratic-testing-the-homework-app/
Has anyone heard of it or used it before? I am interested if it's as good as they claim it to be. :blink To be honest, I am a bit pessimistic- solving maths via scanning is a bit too simple, right? I don't know! To me, it looks too good to be true.

Cycnea

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Well, for me, the problem was not that I have no time. I had other activities outside of study (student organizations and part-time job) but my main problem was not time, but my own academic ability (and my laziness :arf). I often found myself clueless about homework in math-and-physics-related subjects (I studied physics in uni btw), and in many cases it couldn't be solved just by searching the internet.

Fortunately, not all my friends are like me :D I have smart friends, and they were willing to help each other out. Whether it's complex calculus, tedious data analysis, 500-pages book to summarize, or whatever it is, we usually allocated some time to study together. With it, I could figure out a way to complete my homeworks in time (and to prepare for exams too).

It was truly the power of nakama (lol) that I could graduate quite easily. I am very grateful to have them.
______

Since your problem is lack of time, have you tried to do your homework as soon as it assigned? Like staying in classroom after class is ended and do the homework immediately. Your mind should still be in study-mode so you could do it more efficiently with less distraction. You could also take a friend or two to accompany you, or at least to scold you on weekly basis if you're being lazy (yes, it works for me).

And don't procrastinate ;) I tended to procrastinate and all those homeworks piled up before I realized it. To me personally, procrastinating is the main reason why I felt I had no time :paperbag
___

Btw for math problems I usually use wolframalpha.com.
Apparently it could help you on other subjects as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I do the same thing but it takes awhile. Recently, I came across an app called Socratic, which is deemed to help you with subjects like Maths, History, English, etc. Here is more info on the app itself: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/websites/web-development/socratic-testing-the-homework-app/
Has anyone heard of it or used it before? I am interested if it's as good as they claim it to be. :blink To be honest, I am a bit pessimistic- solving maths via scanning is a bit too simple, right? I don't know! To me, it looks too good to be true.
I haven't tried it but sounds very interesting... though I come across multiple homework helping apps when I searched them up. Maybe this one might be the best solution to homework problems.
Well, for me, the problem was not that I have no time. I had other activities outside of study (student organizations and part-time job) but my main problem was not time, but my own academic ability (and my laziness :arf). I often found myself clueless about homework in math-and-physics-related subjects (I studied physics in uni btw), and in many cases it couldn't be solved just by searching the internet.

Fortunately, not all my friends are like me :D I have smart friends, and they were willing to help each other out. Whether it's complex calculus, tedious data analysis, 500-pages book to summarize, or whatever it is, we usually allocated some time to study together. With it, I could figure out a way to complete my homeworks in time (and to prepare for exams too).

It was truly the power of nakama (lol) that I could graduate quite easily. I am very grateful to have them.
I have the same problems in dealing with homework, but I usually get answers from the internet. Having a helping hand from friends is nice too, but most of what we got are from the web. It is still a pretty good method of finding answers nonetheless :super
Btw for math problems I usually use wolframalpha.com.
Apparently it could help you on other subjects as well, but I haven't tried it yet.
And thanks for this :arf

Math's so hard....:emocat