Discussion - Who is the strongest of the YONKO | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who is the strongest of the YONKO

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
not going to do a poll incase some people havent read far enough i dont want to spoil anything about who the 4 pirates are

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
It's still too early to tell.
I think that all of them have quite a considerable battle power, so doing a comparision is difficult.
Guess we will have to wait, and see more from all of them.

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
no doubt, i love that luffy challenged big mom at the end of the fishman arc, i was totally hoping to see the straw hat jolly roger being hung over moms, but i didnt see that

i do remember moria referring back to "that bastard kaido" so there is some sort of backstory there between those two

other than mihawk and shanks, i wonder what other alliances their are between members of the shibakai and the yonko ???

Zoronoa Roro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Errrr duh! Kaido killed Morias crew I thought that is well known.

BlackLeggedDragon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The strongest current Yonko is Shanks. He will probably be set up as the strongest because Blackbeard and his crew need a proper fight in order to display their strength. Blackbeard will use Shanks as a stepping stone in order to vault him as the top candidate for Pirate King until Luffy defeats him.

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Hmmm.... I'd go with Blackbeard. Shanks couldn't handle Blackbeard even before he got his hands on any devil fruits, back when Blackbeard gave Shanks the trademark scars. And now he has 2 of the strongest ones out there, plus plenty of practice using them in the New World to quickly take over as the new Yonkou. He's being set up as an end-game villain, so that also leads me to believe he's the strongest.

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thnk they are all equally powerful at this point indvidually. The wild card is their crews. We dont know how strong their crews are. We havent seen any of the Yonkou crews in action so far. Big Mam has an army of Fruit users, Blackbeard and his gang are on a ability hunt, we have nothing from Kaido, and We have seen nothing from Shanks.

I would say even though Dragon is not a Yonkou, He could go toe to toe with either one of the Yonkou

abc1233

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Hmmm.... I'd go with Blackbeard. Shanks couldn't handle Blackbeard even before he got his hands on any devil fruits, back when Blackbeard gave Shanks the trademark scars. And now he has 2 of the strongest ones out there, plus plenty of practice using them in the New World to quickly take over as the new Yonkou. He's being set up as an end-game villain, so that also leads me to believe he's the strongest.
Considering it is Blackbeard, I wouldn't be surprised if he inflicted those scars through a sneak attack. Shanks had his arm torn off by a sea king, yet we all know that he was on a different level to it, goes to show you that even big names can be injured by relatively small fry depending on the circumstances.

I'd say either Shanks or Blackbeard. Shanks was able to stop Kaidou getting to WB during the war and he didn't seem particularly injured, they may have settled it with words though. Plus if Luffy takes out BM before any of the other Yonkou then it wouldn't really make sense for BM to be stronger than BB or Kaidou if they're antagonists in the future.

Last edited:

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
i will said Shanks, whitebeard and him look close in power and if whitebeard was fighting blackbeard.. one on one whitebeard will beat the hell of blackbeard as showed in ace rescue arc..
plus luffy look up to Shanks for something.

Feline

Reaction score
Country
Joker
In terms of power i guess that Shanks is the strongest. But due to all of the terror that Blackbeard has done i guess he is the most feared one.

Franckie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Blackbeard is named after the (probably) most famous real-life pirate, has the most "evil" Devil Fruit in the manga, and the designated final villain of the series. Out of the Yonkou, he is the most powerful individually. As for total military power, Shanks is the probable victor since it'd make no sense for the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates to mysteriously vanish after the death of Whitebeard and/or serve under Big Mom/Kaidou. Next to Whitebeard, Shanks is the most reasonable of the Yonkou and the only one the Whitebeard Pirates respect. Also, like the Whitebeard Pirates, Shanks is very weary of Blackbeard. Even if temporary, they'd make an alliance to terminate his ambitions ASAP.

The missing piece of the puzzle is that something has changed within the balance of power between the Yonkou these past two years. For example, as powerful as Blackbeard is, he shouldn't have been able to rise to power so quickly with Shanks and the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates gunning for him during the timeskip. We also know that one of the Yonkou is in secret contact with Doflamingo and building an army of artificial Devil Fruit users. I suspect the piece will be revealed as Doflamingo becomes more involved in the story.

KingOfNight

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
BB is most likely the strongest of them after WB death.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Blackbeard is named after the (probably) most famous real-life pirate, has the most "evil" Devil Fruit in the manga, and the designated final villain of the series. Out of the Yonkou, he is the most powerful individually.
That's not neccesarily true. For all we know Kaidou could be stronger than him or equal to him. The fact that he seems to be one of the main villains doesn't mean he's the strongest person there is. Besides, I don't think a pirate can be the final villain in One Piece, because becoming a pirate king is sort of a beginning only. After that comes the war against WG. If Whitebeard is to be believed.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Shanks or Blackbeard would be the strongest. Blackbeard has his own DF ability as well as Whitebeard's, which is known to be one of hte most powerful, if not the most powerful.

Ankit

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd have to say Blackbeard. If he wasn't, I would've thought that Shanks would've gone after him earlier and then the war vs WG would never have taken place. But he has 2 extremely powerful Devil Fruits as well as conquered all of Whitebeard's previous land. He seems to be a lot smarter than he looks, with his fighting prowess I would have to say he is the strongest(at the current moment).

Zoronoa Roro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bb is a snake and so far we didnt see any fighting prowess only backstabing. And his hax df

Death kid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering it is Blackbeard, I wouldn't be surprised if he inflicted those scars through a sneak attack. Shanks had his arm torn off by a sea king, yet we all know that he was on a different level to it, goes to show you that even big names can be injured by relatively small fry depending on the circumstances.

I'd say either Shanks or Blackbeard. Shanks was able to stop Kaidou getting to WB during the war and he didn't seem particularly injured, they may have settled it with words though. Plus if Luffy takes out BM before any of the other Yonkou then it wouldn't really make sense for BM to be stronger than BB or Kaidou if they're antagonists in the future.
But shanks specifically said that he wasn't joking around when he took on BB before, and BB didn't have either of his devil fruits then, so you know BB is the strongest now.