Discussion - Who would you replace? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Who would you replace?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
With both lineups for Heaven and Humanity already finalised, who would you choose to replace any of the fighters and why?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would replace Buddha with a chinese deity.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd have eased up on the Greek Reps and added some Yoruba and Chinese Deities.

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
On the human side, there’s a decent amount of people that I just don’t know much about. If it was up to me, I’d have Julius Caesar and Genghis Khan, and if we’re counting from epics, Arjuna or Hector, over the likes of Sakata, Lu bu, and Raiden. Speaking of Lu Bu, seeing Cao Cao in the backstory, I'd prefer him. High School DxD is my reference.

On the Gods side, probably take one of the Greeks out, Apollo or Heracles, and sub in Ra. Always been fascinated by the sun god since Yu-Gi-Oh, lol.

Last edited:

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
On the Human side I would’ve added Michael Jackson or Britney Spears as contenders 😂😂😂😂

ZeroDark#13

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Maybe David/Goliath or Bruce lee has a case to be a replacement for Tesla/Nostradamus

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Maybe replace Buddha with Buddha from Chinese lore. Sun Wukong would be better replacement too since most Gods look like humans and adding Sun Wukong would add more variety to Gods side.

I was also surprised no character from Sengoku era. Tadakatsu Honda would be a good choice. Historically he had never been injured in any battles and Yukimura Sanada was known as samurai that was born every 100 years. He fought to the death fighting all Tokugawa forces to reach Ieyasu who was in front of him until finally collapsed ran out of strength.

Adding legendary ninja would be a good too like Hanzo Hattori, Fuma Kotaro or Sasuke Sarutobi.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I would've like Joan of Arc for humans and Athena for Gods.

Yvain

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Tesla should have fought against either Zeus or Thor. Human Master of Electromagnetism vs God of Thunder and Lightning. He could use a cool mecha that channels and absorbs lightning to power rail guns, x-ray beans and the like...

I didn't like that they used Jack the Ripper. They had to make his volund better than anybody else's just to give him a chance. Jack the Ripper wasn't a famous warrior, he had no business fighting in this tournament... they should have replaced him with Ajax or Diomedes or Philotectes or Atlanta, who were mortals able to fight as equals against the Demigods during the War of Troy and the Voyage of the Argo. It would be nice, old pals calling him a traitor to Humanity...

Qin shi huang and Nostradamus weren't warriors. There many badass warriors they could have used instead...

I didn't like Zerofuku. They shouldn't make up their own gods when there are so many they could pick from real world mythology... Aztec goddes Tlazōlteōtl "The Eater of Filth" pretty much did the same as Zerofuku, absorbing into herself the sins, impurities, misfortune and disease of mortals. Hell, they could have used a genderbent Zerofuku, call her Tlazōlteōtl, tell the same story and done...!

Adam is very cool, but he isn't a historical character, but a mythological one, just like Hercules or Thor. But hey, I can forgive it because of the great personality they gave him...

I would've like Joan of Arc for humans and Athena for Gods.
I dunno. In Greek myth Athena betrayed Zeus and aided Prometheus to steal fire from the gods (she escaped punishment because she's Daddy's favourite girl...). Also, she's the goddess of Civilization, so I think she would choose human civilization over ecological concerns... She would refuse to fight on the side of the gods...

Joan of Arc, on the other hand, was a religious fanatic... a cool one, for sure, but she was a peasant girl who told the king of France "God has told me that you should give me command of your armies" because of a vision... that's some high grade blind faith... I could see her switching from her Christian faith (because Jesus is a mortal in this setting) to a new one and siding with the gods...

Or Athena and Joan fall in love and elope together, leaving everybody in shock... :derp

Last edited:

KintokiStan69

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tesla should have fought against either Zeus or Thor. Human Master of Electromagnetism vs God of Thunder and Lightning. He could use a cool mecha that channels and absorbs lightning to power rail guns, x-ray beans and the like...

I didn't like that they used Jack the Ripper. They had to make his volund better than anybody else's just to give him a chance. Jack the Ripper wasn't a famous warrior, he had no business fighting in this tournament... they should have replaced him with Ajax or Diomedes or Philotectes or Atlanta, who were mortals able to fight as equals against the Demigods during the War of Troy and the Voyage of the Argo. It would be nice, old pals calling him a traitor to Humanity...

Qin shi huang and Nostradamus weren't warriors. There many badass warriors they could have used instead...

I didn't like Zerofuku. They shouldn't make up their own gods when there are so many they could pick from real world mythology... Aztec goddes Tlazōlteōtl "The Eater of Filth" pretty much did the same as Zerofuku, absorbing into herself the sins, impurities, misfortune and disease of mortals. Hell, they could have used a genderbent Zerofuku, call her Tlazōlteōtl, tell the same story and done...!

Adam is very cool, but he isn't a historical character, but a mythological one, just like Hercules or Thor. But hey, I can forgive it because of the great personality they gave him...

I dunno. In Greek myth Athena betrayed Zeus and aided Prometheus to steal fire from the gods (she escaped punishment because she's Daddy's favourite girl...). Also, she's the goddess of Civilization, so I think she would choose human civilization over ecological concerns... She would refuse to fight on the side of the gods...

Joan of Arc, on the other hand, was a religious fanatic... a cool one, for sure, but she was a peasant girl who told the king of France "God has told me that you should give me command of your armies" because of a vision... that's some high grade blind faith... I could see her switching from her Christian faith (because Jesus is a mortal in this setting) to a new one and siding with the gods...

Or Athena and Joan fall in love and elope together, leaving everybody in shock... :derp
First, there is obviously going to be a "first human," it's just they decided to use a biblical Adam because... you know.... it's a battle that has religions in it. Also, not every fighter needs to be a warrior of some sort, there's a narrative behind things. Why do you think Jack is one of the most well written characters in the manga? Qin Shi Huang, Nostradamus, Tesla, and Rasputin are all going to have well given reasons for being on this list.

Also, how many Japanese people know that Aztec goddess? Now, how many know about the Seven Lucky Gods? That should answer your complaints about Zero