Match - Who'd win: Kuranosuke Shiraishi vs Gin Ishida | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Who'd win: Kuranosuke Shiraishi vs Gin Ishida

senpai kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
seems weird, shiraishi is considered the 2nd strongest of his school, but I feel like Gin could take him down with raw power and break his arms. I feel like Gin could also take down Atobe with raw power, that's kinda of the problem with PoT, power means more than anything else

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
seems weird, shiraishi is considered the 2nd strongest of his school, but I feel like Gin could take him down with raw power and break his arms. I feel like Gin could also take down Atobe with raw power, that's kinda of the problem with PoT, power means more than anything else
Obviously Shiraishi. Especailly he have Star Bible now that he can copy kintaro movements, Kenya Speed, and Yes Gins Power. There are tons of ways to neutralize power players. Even in real life.

In your logic, Kawamura,Duke,Gin,Albert, Randy will be the strongest in NPOT. They are not even 3rd tier.

Carmella

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Haven't caught up with the most recent chapters yet so not sure if Shiraishi has any new development, but gonna go with Shiraishi because he's my Tenipuri husbando

/not biased

senpai kun

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Haven't caught up with the most recent chapters yet so not sure if Shiraishi has any new development, but gonna go with Shiraishi because he's my Tenipuri husbando

/not biased
whos the guy in the avi?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Both Shiraishi and Atobe have everything they need to beat Gin consistently. The main reason is what Tristan outlined in the France D2 match. If you're up against a player who specializes in power, but whose other stats don't measure up, just hit away from them and they won't be able to wind up. This doesn't guarantee that Gin will never hit a Hadokyuu, but it won't be often.

On the points that Gin does manage to hit a Hadokyuu, there's no reason to actually return the shot. Shiraishi/Atobe can just let go of the racket. We don't see this utilized very often because power players are usually matched up against each other, where they actually have to face the opponent's power more or less head-on, but Higa D2 provides an example.

Beyond that though, all the top players have additional tools that would tilt matches with Gin in their favor. We know that there's a way to neutralize Hadokyuu completely. Shiraishi is probably either aware of it from practicing with Gin or would be able to figure it out reasonably quickly, and Atobe should be able to find the same method with Insight.

That being said, the HS power players tend to be more dangerous, even among their peers, because their stats besides power aren't bad at all. It's still possible to use the same tactics against the likes of Duke, Albert and Randy, but there's a much higher skill requirement to do it consistently.

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Both Shiraishi and Atobe have everything they need to beat Gin consistently. The main reason is what Tristan outlined in the France D2 match. If you're up against a player who specializes in power, but whose other stats don't measure up, just hit away from them and they won't be able to wind up. This doesn't guarantee that Gin will never hit a Hadokyuu, but it won't be often.

On the points that Gin does manage to hit a Hadokyuu, there's no reason to actually return the shot. Shiraishi/Atobe can just let go of the racket. We don't see this utilized very often because power players are usually matched up against each other, where they actually have to face the opponent's power more or less head-on, but Higa D2 provides an example.

Beyond that though, all the top players have additional tools that would tilt matches with Gin in their favor. We know that there's a way to neutralize Hadokyuu completely. Shiraishi is probably either aware of it from practicing with Gin or would be able to figure it out reasonably quickly, and Atobe should be able to find the same method with Insight.

That being said, the HS power players tend to be more dangerous, even among their peers, because their stats besides power aren't bad at all. It's still possible to use the same tactics against the likes of Duke, Albert and Randy, but there's a much higher skill requirement to do it consistently.
But one power players advantage is that they can have a one lucky power shot that can make their opponents forfeit/abandoned the match.

Having said that, I agree that Shiraishi and Atobe will easily beat Gin.

Duke is a power player. But it is said that he is more on soft shots(techniques).

Albert/Randy. I am not sure. They only showed power.

Maybe Team Spain can have a Power Player. They should. I think.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Reminder that Kura's pair puri (or 40.5, not sure) directly states he can return a 108 hadou. MAYBE he would struggle against Gin's inverted spin but it was honestly pretty unimpressive so I doubt it.

antigifted

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

/not biased
He's my husbando too 😂

mathematicianrcg

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am really disappointed both in Shiraishi and Gin. I expected a better power up for them.

Gin was easily destroyed by Randy and Albert.

Shiraishi is just using an improved version of bible. And he still lose