Question - Why Do 98% of Titans Strongly Resemble Males? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Why Do 98% of Titans Strongly Resemble Males?

Farting Titan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Afghanistan
If we see a titan resembling a female, it's always some type of character or unique titan (Frieda, Annie, and the Titan that killed Levi's 2 friends)

We never see a regular mindless female titan...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If we see a titan resembling a female, it's always some type of character or unique titan (Frieda, Annie, and the Titan that killed Levi's 2 friends)

We never see a regular mindless female titan...
I think the issue with normal titans is that the bodies don't have any particular shape one way or the other so even the female looking ones can easily end up looking man-ish. It does seem like even then the proportion is not quite 50-50 though.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Technically Ymir was mindless first, and I don't recall there being anything special about Levi's titan, but as kkck said there does seem to be a strange titan sex imbalance even though Isayama's got such great diversity and balance in his cast of named characters. Pixis mentioned them before we saw Annie's titan too, iirc. Makes me wonder if it's a censorship thing (due to naked-ish bodies).

mangah

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iran
well , this is not good idea to draw giant females with giant boob in this kind of manga ....