Discussion - Why do you like Laxus?? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Why do you like Laxus??

LighteningLord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
In a sentence or two, write why do you like Laxus Dreyar. You may include qualities, badass as well as funny moments.
Have fun!!

Last edited:

Laxus chan-yo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Laxus is the best thing that happened to Fairy Tail for me. I can really relate to his early behavior when I was an adolescent (wanted to move out of the shadow of my elder brother) and his development is the best out of any character in the manga. Without him Fairy Tail would be a passing interest. Right now it is one of my most anticipated weekly reads. You can imagine how excited I'll be when he gets the chance to shine. Plus his fighting style is amazing and even after being nakamafied he still gives off the boss aura that tells people they best be careful around him.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Laxus coming back from turning the guild on each other is a courageous act, imo. Not that this means he's forgiven, but it's hard to face the music when you do something wrong - and he did something really wrong.

Plus he's usually quite epic on panel. His entrance chapter this arc is one of my favourites.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
because he is a badass, good looking, greatly developed character. even when he got nakamanized he still retained that badassery and he is not all out emo for what he did like Jellal is, no offense to him. his entrances are the best in the series. plus, his magic element is cool. I always liked lightning and thunder.

LighteningLord

Reaction score
Country
India
I am quite like Laxus in some ways. I have the same attitude as him. I am also a kind of a solo act-master and like if I am not bothered much during work. I like the way he bosses around the guild especially with Natsu. Laxus is also the reason, that I took up kickboxing and I'm doing pretty nice at it.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
  • He's got character development, which is a plus point
  • Good Laxus >>> Bad Laxus
  • He is not a vandal (most of FT members are vandals lol)
  • Some of his characters reflects mine. For example, most of FT members be like "CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!" whenever Master Makarov says so, but all Laxus does is just smile and doesn't go with the flow.
  • I am a sickly man. My body is weak. That's why I look up to him

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Because he's like the only character in the Fairy Tail guild that doesn't take part in those PoF, fanservice or unnecessary power-up related stupidity.

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ik this is an old thread but........ Idc

Laxus is my fav character because of his magic, and most importantly his cockiness..

My guy goes from thinking he's God to thinking he's weak but then fodderizes a DE at the same time..... Like wut.

Also because he gets the respect he deserves.

People understand he's well ahead of everyone in the guild (excpet Gildarts) and will soon become the strongest character.

Plus he got no power-ups and still OP asf. Like if Laxus had a DF or Dual-Element or had the same PoF as Gray/Natsu/Erza. This dude would be unstoppable

Hana Maria

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I like laxus as a character because he is a Badass Boss who doesn't need nakama BS to get the job done!:arf (I'm looking at you Natsu, Erza and Gray! )and he is an extremely powerful manly man who has a weak heart and that's cute! 💛Plus he isn't oblivious, dumb or dense. :3
Also he's quite Sexy and hot! :blush

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like laxus as a character because he is a Badass Boss who doesn't need nakama BS to get the job done!:arf (I'm looking at you Natsu, Erza and Gray! )and he is an extremely powerful manly man who has a weak heart and that's cute! 💛Plus he isn't oblivious, dumb or dense. :3
Also he's quite Sexy and hot! :blush
Now I'm a guy but yes.... He's a very very handsome man.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
because he's a badass, he's one of the most powerful (took Natsu and Gajeel to beat him, if I recall correctly), he's cool, and he's superior to most characters. Laxus also has one of the best character developments in the manga as well, going from an egotistical and violent asshat to someone who understands better what it means to be in a guild and will put his life on the line for his loved ones. It's hard to recall anyone with such character development, other than possibly Jellal and Erza.