Discussion - Why the lack of female fighters? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Why the lack of female fighters?

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Ok so as much as I'm enjoying the fights I've just (yes just now) realised that there are no female fighters in the line up. I'm not talking about the Volunds either as they're basically just powerful support weapons. I mean they shoved Jack the Ripper in there so why not characters like Cleopatra? Catherine the Great? Joan of Arc? Boudicca? Why do you guys think that is?

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I never thought about this now that I think about it. Maybe because of the Valkyries.

I wanted to say that maybe he is not comfortable drawing female characters fighting but we saw Qin Shi Huang's master.

Maybe he'll change the genders of one of the chosen like in Fate. Or we could have a fighter among the gods.

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
They simply preferred to stick to a male vs male gladiator fight, simple as that. If you wanna to see historical women fighting, you may check Majo Taisen. It's basically Record of Ragnarok with girls.

Last edited:

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Technically women are “kind of” fighting. Since every Valkyrie so far is female they have been fighting with their lives on the line also. And a few have actually died.
But your question probably more relates to “why are no challengers female?”

Answer: no idea. Onto my personal speculation, Probably because since humanity is a male dominant society and historically womens rights have been forced into the dirt (sadly) and this is a historical series, most serious heroic accomplishments were done by a largely male majority since women weren’t always given the chance, nor were probably even honoured as legends, save a few select females worldwide. Ex: Boudicca (my favourite), Hippolyta (more likely to side with the gods anyway and a mythological figure), Fu Hao and Joan of Arc.
There’s clearly room for a few in the roster, but compared to the accomplishments of certain males such as Leonidas, Kojiro Sasaki etc there’s not many options. In addition to this the point of Ragnarok candidates are classed as “Humanities greatest warriors” since historically like I’ve said prior, it was male dominated so was the heroic fan base and their exaggerated accomplishments.
I imagine that could be why.
Way back when in lots of cultures women weren’t even allowed to train with a sword let alone be allowed to fight and gain renown.

Rescorlian

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Technically women are “kind of” fighting. Since every Valkyrie so far is female they have been fighting with their lives on the line also. And a few have actually died.
But your question probably more relates to “why are no challengers female?”

Answer: no idea. Onto my personal speculation, Probably because since humanity is a male dominant society and historically womens rights have been forced into the dirt (sadly) and this is a historical series, most serious heroic accomplishments were done by a largely male majority since women weren’t always given the chance, nor were probably even honoured as legends, save a few select females worldwide. Ex: Boudicca (my favourite), Hippolyta (more likely to side with the gods anyway and a mythological figure), Fu Hao and Joan of Arc.
There’s clearly room for a few in the roster, but compared to the accomplishments of certain males such as Leonidas, Kojiro Sasaki etc there’s not many options. In addition to this the point of Ragnarok candidates are classed as “Humanities greatest warriors” since historically like I’ve said prior, it was male dominated so was the heroic fan base and their exaggerated accomplishments.
I imagine that could be why.
Way back when in lots of cultures women weren’t even allowed to train with a sword let alone be allowed to fight and gain renown.
Nailed it