Discussion - Will Bann ever make ellaine his? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Will Bann ever make ellaine his?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
As we have seen ellaine was a 700 year old fairy that looked 7 years old who had an intimate relationship with ban even if it was only 7 days long. Setting aside the disturbing implications of ban having interest in a girl that looks 7 years old (I presume she would have an older form as king does) I am wondering if she will ever actually somehow be ban's. It would imply her coming back to life however as far as we know that might actually be possible within nanatsuverse. Will this happen? How could it happen?

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
My theory is: the immortal will reach his happiness becoming mortal and dying. But, he will not rest once he passes the way, but he will go out to his honey moon... So romantic!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I do think ban will eventually give up his immortality however not just when he becomes happy or anything. When ellaine died he got a seed to restore the forest. The forest relied on the cup to maintain itself. So once ban plants the seed and restores the forest he will give up his immortality to sustain the forest as it once did. I guess it is plausible he remains as a new guardian of the forest. I wonder if restoring the forest could plausibly restore elaine... I guess there is too much we don't know about fairies just yet.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Actually, their relationship is the most realistic to me. An immortal with a fairy, while we have King who is 700+ and loves Diane, a giant and Diane herself who loves Meliodas,
who isn't even human.
All these relations seem improbable to me, I would want to know the lifespans of these races. But since Diane thought about having a child with Mel I guess it shows Nakaba knows what he is doing.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The point of the thread is not how plausible any given pairing is, the point is whether ban will ever be with elaine. Is there some mechanism which could actually bring those two back together that does not involve ban dying?

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Actually I would say a magic item or something like that. Or maybe he'll find another way to go to the afterlife and "steal" her for good. It would fit him:3c.

0Xellos

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
My guess is that re-planting the forest would bring Elaine back. It has a lot of magical properties (like being connected to the fountain, being normally unburnable and "saving" Ban when he was falling), so it wouldn't be that far-fetched...

Kaishaku

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't see him being able to "give up" his immortality just like this. Something more realistic would be him finding his immortality terribly painful and dull after a while with maybe Elaine being able to soothe this for him.