Will Gon recover his nen? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Will Gon recover his nen?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Does anyone think this will happen? Based on what we know it would take pretty extraordinary measures to get this done so there is a good chance the story straight up ends with Gon without nen. It does feel like a strange way to end the story but it would also make sense.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
Leorio survives dark continent and brings back sth spicy

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ging said Gon's nen was normal when he saw it, it's just gon that can't see it. Doesn't sound like something irreversible imo. So if there's still 2 arcs after continent i think he'll get it back sooner or later
Edit: But this is togashi, he might be done with gon as well. we can't know XD

Last edited:

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
^ Exactly. :P Been six years since the last time we saw him. I'd say Togashi definitely has stuff planned for him, but it's a matter of whether there's enough time left to actually get there.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes. He just has to relearn how to use it, his aura nodes are not fully opened. Maybe he won't use the fast method this time. I am more interested in what will happen to his Hatsu.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IF gon can potentially get back his nen then I don't think it's an issue of him needing to relearn it but rather "unseal" it. nanika healed his body but the price for the power he got against pitou was his nen and overall potential. Ging made the point that gon got off relatively easy from his shenanigans so it'd be weird if he could just relearn nen...

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
IF gon can potentially get back his nen then I don't think it's an issue of him needing to relearn it but rather "unseal" it. nanika healed his body but the price for the power he got against pitou was his nen and overall potential. Ging made the point that gon got off relatively easy from his shenanigans so it'd be weird if he could just relearn nen...
What do you mean by "unseal"?

Kanmuru

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Ging said "you got back to normal" it's not like he has a BIG nen seal or something, at least this isn't stated at all.

DDed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Does anyone think this will happen? Based on what we know it would take pretty extraordinary measures to get this done so there is a good chance the story straight up ends with Gon without nen. It does feel like a strange way to end the story but it would also make sense.
No - I think it's not the right time for him, like seriously I don't think he should get his Nen back too fast, he needs a better time to manage his attitude after CA arc, and I also don't think he should go to Dark Continent without any purpose. Since he found Ging, got his own time spending with Ging and after spending time during his own journey, he needed a good rest and spending time with Aunt Mito instead just to grow up, I highly doubt that we will see a good timeskip for him and Killua as soon as we got to be done with SW and 1/2 arc

Yes - I mean until he found something on his next main quest and learned about the whole thing after the CA arc and from spending time talking with Ging his journey, and found out that he has no Nen, of course, is temporarily (due to Alluka's curse or his Nen restriction during Pitou's kill). I highly doubt that Killua wanted the same thing with him, just to be safe, he had to be out of contact with Gon until he got his own Nen back or that's just part of his wish (I am still don't know with how did he gets out of Alluka's curse), they will back eventually, then I think later on, they will find out what happened to Kurapika and Leorio
---------------------------------------
My best answer is depends on how the storyline takes place as keeping it real

Last edited:

Miss Pikachu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Norway
No – or at least I hope not. I loved that his actions had severe consequences, so if Gon recovers his nen I'll be disappointed.
He also reached his goals and had an awesome adventure, so it's not like he is in desperate need...

lulukaruins

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I'd love the idea if somehow he can uses/acquire nen with different method, like using nen 'artifact' for example. I'm really curious what extend can tools do if its imbued with nen. I believe this idea haven't explored enough. You know stuff like what Ging do to the box and the tape, Wing's thread, or Kaito schyte.

Miss Pikachu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Norway
I'd love the idea if somehow he can uses/acquire nen with different method, like using nen 'artifact' for example. I'm really curious what extend can tools do if its imbued with nen. I believe this idea haven't explored enough. You know stuff like what Ging do to the box and the tape, Wing's thread, or Kaito schyte.
I would also like to see the idea explored further, though I found Kaito's reincarnation a bit cheap. :sweat

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
If the story ends now then sure, we can assume gon won't get his nen back. But... If gon ever appears again in the story he would need some way to be competitive against fellow nen users. Within the series nen is so absurd that even a newby nen user could defeat nessless gon. Gon losing his nen feels like he was written of the story. which I suppose makes sense if we consider he finally met gin.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If the story ends now then sure, we can assume gon won't get his nen back. But... If gon ever appears again in the story he would need some way to be competitive against fellow nen users. Within the series nen is so absurd that even a newby nen user could defeat nessless gon. Gon losing his nen feels like he was written of the story. which I suppose makes sense if we consider he finally met gin.
I think gon wont. My reasoning is an old interview with togashi.

He said that, back in YYH, he wanted to cripple yusuke to see what a person that relied on his power could do without it. Editor shot the idea down, and togashi lost interest in the character because he felt that yusuke was at the end of his power crawl.

Gon literally showed everything he could do as super gon. I think crippling gon is togashi doing what he wanted to do with yusuke. Gon will have to rely on other things and learn how to solve problem without fighting, and that could give him another growth spurt in another direction.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

He said that, back in YYH, he wanted to cripple yusuke to see what a person that relied on his power could do without it. Editor shot the idea down, and togashi lost interest in the character because he felt that yusuke was at the end of his power crawl.

Gon literally showed everything he could do as super gon. I think crippling gon is togashi doing what he wanted to do with yusuke. Gon will have to rely on other things and learn how to solve problem without fighting, and that could give him another growth spurt in another direction.
If the interview stuff you mention is accurate then my feeling that gon has been written of the story is pretty spot on. We could still see an arc of gon doing non nen stuff but once done it's really over. One way or the other without nen gon has been entirely and irreparably cut off from the world of hunters. He'd need extraordinary effort to merely take on even the weakest of hunters. Add to that the absurd risk of ever running into hisoka again. Best case scenario would be that hisoka's murder boner is disappointed enough to not even bothering killing gon out of spite for having wasted his potential on some other asshole.

I don't really think there is another direction for gon to grow into... Can't imagine something that could possibly replace nen for him. I suppose something like what the kakin princes have but it'd be pretty damn difficult to master something like that without nen as well as lack of nen limits the capacity to interact with such powers. As they are invisible.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gon has Aura, he just needs to train again to use Nen the same way as before. And no I wouldn't say that there is nothing more to do with him. Togashi put him on a bus to focus on other characters for now but Ging clearly told him to take a break think about his new goal now that he managed to find him. The story itself has too much potential to abandon Gon, there is the fated meeting with Gyro too.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gon has Aura, he just needs to train again to use Nen the same way as before. And no I wouldn't say that there is nothing more to do with him. Togashi put him on a bus to focus on other characters for now but Ging clearly told him to take a break think about his new goal now that he managed to find him. The story itself has too much potential to abandon Gon, there is the fated meeting with Gyro too.
My understanding of gon's current state is that his nen was either gone or sealed so shut it's basically suicide to try and bring it back. If he just needed to retrain himself then he would already have some level of nen rather than him getting as he did to the world tree. Gon already trained nen regularly, there is no reason for him to not have continued now.

As for gyro... I ha completely forgotten about that. At this point it's difficult to imagine this having any real relevance.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Gonna need a source for that interview since most of the editor involvement rumors are just that. Unless you're just thinking of where he vaguely mentioned Jump not allowing him to "deconstruct" the characters.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
My understanding of gon's current state is that his nen was either gone or sealed so shut it's basically suicide to try and bring it back. If he just needed to retrain himself then he would already have some level of nen rather than him getting as he did to the world tree. Gon already trained nen regularly, there is no reason for him to not have continued now.

As for gyro... I ha completely forgotten about that. At this point it's difficult to imagine this having any real relevance.
Ging said that Gon is normal, he was able so see his Aura. Everyone has Aura, but without opening them you can't be a Nen User. Gon opened his Aura Nodes via Nen Baptism with Wing the first time, it is the "quick and dirty" method.

We don't know how much time he got to practice Nen since he woke up but it takes some time, the regular method is constant meditation.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ging said that Gon is normal, he was able so see his Aura. Everyone has Aura, but without opening them you can't be a Nen User. Gon opened his Aura Nodes via Nen Baptism with Wing the first time, it is the "quick and dirty" method.

We don't know how much time he got to practice Nen since he woke up but it takes some time, the regular method is constant meditation.
When did he see gon's aura? I don't think that was ever said. If anything gin made the point gon should be happy to merely be alive rather than be thinking about his nen.