Voting Round 3 - Winry Rockbell vs Yui Yuigahama | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Winry Rockbell vs Yui Yuigahama

Who wins?

• Winry Rockbell

• Yui Yuigahama

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
You dont understand, this is hard for me too. :emocat
As an FMA fan voting against Winry (great waifu imo) is tough as hell, even if this was against Touka I wouldn't feel that conflicted. I could take the easy route and flip a coin but thats not the correct thing to do :nomoar

So please give me at least a day to meditate my decision :om

Look:

White smoke = Yui
Black
smoke = Winry

Give me 24 hours :notlikethis
This is simply a white smoke ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's alright. I expected to be slammed after my time away anyway. I can take the heat. Syx can call my confidence in Winry as the Queen of Waifus a "high and mighty attitude" or anything else but nothing changes the fact that my girl stood strong when I couldn't be there to campaign for her. That changes very soon, so say what you will. I'll give you a good match :super

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's alright. I expected to be slammed after my time away anyway. I can take the heat. Syx can call my confidence in Winry as the Queen of Waifus a "high and mighty attitude" or anything else but nothing changes the fact that my girl stood strong when I couldn't be there to campaign for her. That changes very soon, so say what you will. I'll give you a good match :super
  • Nominates Winry and leaves.
  • Does nothing at all.
  • Somehow Winry reaches the third round easily.
  • Complains.
Are you mocking us who campaigned hard and lost or something? :twitch

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
  • Nominates Winry and leaves.
  • Does nothing at all.
  • Somehow Winry reaches the third round easily.
  • Complains.
Are you mocking us who campaigned hard and lost or something? :twitch
No. I physically wasn't present to campaign for her after the middle of round 1. July 3rd saw me go offline until now. I don't know where the complaints came from though. I'm content with my lot.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
No. I physically wasn't present to campaign for her after the middle of round 1. July 3rd saw me go offline until now. I don't know where the complaints came from though. I'm content with my lot.
My belief is that if a person is passionate and serious enough towards this event, he would have prepared something in advance for his "Queen of Waifus" and let a colleague post it for him. This would not only have proven your devotion to Winry, but also would have made people realize the worth of Winry seeing how someone goes to such extremes for a character.

People have nominated and fought for far less popular characters than Winry or even Yui. They put in a lot of effort to prove a point and choose the harsh road. At the end of the day, you gotta respect and admire their commitment instead of emphasizing the fact that your popular nomination advanced without any effort whatsoever from your side.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
People have nominated and fought for far less popular characters than Winry or even Yui. They put in a lot of effort to prove a point and choose the harsh road. At the end of the day, you gotta respect and admire their commitment instead of emphasizing the fact that your popular nomination advanced without any effort whatsoever from your side.
Thanks, syx. It was pretty hard for me, indeed, but the dedication was worth it. It's always rough when nobody appreciates our commitment, but there's always someone like you who manages to brighten our day. Seni seviyorum.

Laxus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Winry then.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Thanks, syx. It was pretty hard for me, indeed, but the dedication was worth it. It's always rough when nobody appreciates our commitment, but there's always someone like you who manages to brighten our day. Seni seviyorum.
:bobriki

lakhan220

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
YAHALLO!
Yui should win this. She has all the waifu qualities one could ask for. It's weird seeing people vote against her. This is in no way a denunciation of Winry, but rather a call on you guys to support the character who just happens to be more charming. Granted, personally I would choose a more aggressive approach here, but out of respect for my beloved Yui, I will behave well because that's exactly what Yui would want me to do. Yui isn't someone who approves a mud fight after all. This is also one of her special traits. It doesn't require Yui a beating with a wrench to knock some sense into somebody. All she needs is her adorable personality.

Such a beauty appearance and personality wise, isn't she? She isn't a tsundere who needs +500 chapters or +25 epsiodes to befriend with the seemingly strange MC. It's in her nature to get along with anyone who is in close proximity. No prejudice, no hypocrisy.

She always tries her best to not anger or offend someone, even if it means sadness for herself, which she will cover with a cute smile. Now, you might think "is this really a good trait?". I agree, it is debatable.

But that's exactly why I brought it up here! Everyone in this event only talks about his waifu as if they were perfect, without any flaw. Something like this doesn't exist! Yui will break this rule! And I won't allow Yui to be seen like the rest of the nominations. Such boredom! Yui is different, in a good way, and that's why she stands above anyone else. Yui's flaws aren't inhuman, doesn't hurt anyone other than herself. It's something you will work on in a relationship with her. That's one of the corner stones of a beautiful relationship!

Thank you very much for your attention.​
Yep, YUI surely has qualities to be waifu, Her behaviour around HACHIMAN , trying to get his attention and only to be the one to support HACHIMAN even when she was going with flow type thing and pleasing everyone including her group.

She talked to HACHIMAN even when MIURA and others made fun of it . She supported him also during Badminton match even though it was against her whole group. YUKINOSHITA and HACHIMAN and the club later became place for her like home where she truly found comfortable around them and can be her true self.

Her trying to please at cost of her own displeasure was a thing of the past. She surely now does what is right even though it meant hurt her former group by standing with HACHIMAN after the HINA incident and also telling TOBE to STFU after the school festival incident where HACHIMAN played devil for bitch SAGAMI to be on good side.

So, surely she has grown and changed and follows her feelings and is considerate abt others. She is one of those typical High school girl who is interested in romance and squirmy things like normal girl would be.

SO, YUI gets my vote.

YUI when she finds TOBE likes HINA

YUI in maid costume

YUI when in chibamura dressing as ghost

YUI when she gives tht cute reaction to HACHIMAN

YUI with her club - the place she loves most along with YUKINO and HACHIMAN

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Winry can fix stuff. My lawn mower for example is in need of repair often. Mainly because I "fix" it. She could take over the reigns there...

And that is where Winry's advantages end.

The only way you could pick her over Yui is if you prefer FMA much more. But it's not like Riza is up for voting... only Winry.

Choose the right one, Yui Yuigahama.

#NNTSQUAD

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Winry can fix stuff. My lawn mower for example is in need of repair often. Mainly because I "fix" it. She could take over the reigns there...

And that is where Winry's advantages end.

The only way you could pick her over Yui is if you prefer FMA much more. But it's not like Riza is up for voting... only Winry.

Choose the right one, Yui Yuigahama.

#NNTSQUAD
Oh yeah? And what if your lawnmower ever cuts your arm off because you were "fixing" it? Winry comes in and you get a fancy new robot arm! Can this other girl make you into a steam punk cyborg when your less than limited fixing skills otherwise permanently maim you?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Oh yeah? And what if your lawnmower ever cuts your arm off because you were "fixing" it? Winry comes in and you get a fancy new robot arm! Can this other girl make you into a steam punk cyborg when your less than limited fixing skills otherwise permanently maim you?
The mower would need to be running for that to occur...

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The mower would need to be running for that to occur...
And that's where winry comes in! She fixes your mower, for a prize, and then when you maim yourself she also fixes you! for a prize.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
* voting for useless char *
* nominates useless Waifu *

Genius!

:pjsalt
Didn't you say you don't read Freezing? I mean, anyone who reads it and has common sense knows Bridget is a useful waifu. But nice try, maybe next time!

As amusing as your salt is.

And in any case, without Winry Ed would not have topnotch automail that he can get fixed whenever it gets damaged. She clearly is top five, if not top ten, in waifu wars

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yep, YUI surely has qualities to be waifu, Her behaviour around HACHIMAN , trying to get his attention and only to be the one to support HACHIMAN even when she was going with flow type thing and pleasing everyone including her group.

She talked to HACHIMAN even when MIURA and others made fun of it . She supported him also during Badminton match even though it was against her whole group. YUKINOSHITA and HACHIMAN and the club later became place for her like home where she truly found comfortable around them and can be her true self.

Her trying to please at cost of her own displeasure was a thing of the past. She surely now does what is right even though it meant hurt her former group by standing with HACHIMAN after the HINA incident and also telling TOBE to STFU after the school festival incident where HACHIMAN played devil for bitch SAGAMI to be on good side.

So, surely she has grown and changed and follows her feelings and is considerate abt others. She is one of those typical High school girl who is interested in romance and squirmy things like normal girl would be.

SO, YUI gets my vote.

YUI when she finds TOBE likes HINA

YUI in maid costume

YUI when in chibamura dressing as ghost

YUI when she gives tht cute reaction to HACHIMAN

YUI with her club - the place she loves most along with YUKINO and HACHIMAN

Can't say I'm surprised by this post of yours, lakhan. We may haven't talked that much, but it was definitely enough for me to come to conclusion that you are a respectable man, who has a sense for doing the right thing. Thank you so much for supporting Yui!

You know, to hell with those 24 hours, my decision has been made.

You are rewarding a fine woman as well as a campaign done with much blood, sweat and tears. Ariagtou!

Don't get me wrong, I looove hating @syx ... but Yui's cuter
What did I do to you?

Anyway, thank you very much for supporting Yui.

Status
Not open for further replies.