Discussion - With 100 chapters released, how do you feel about Mokushiroku no Yonkishi so far? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion With 100 chapters released, how do you feel about Mokushiroku no Yonkishi so far?

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For reference, Chapter 100 in Nanatsu No Taizai was the chapter after Meliodas defeated Hendrickson.

I think it’s solid thus far. It’s much slower than Nanatsu no Taizai and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. But still, by 100 in Nanatsu No Taizai We had a decent amount of backstory for King, Diane and Ban. I also don’t love any characters yet. They’re not bad but I don’t think anyone really stands out yet.

Overall, I’d say it’s solid and it’s going to get a lot better soon

Killerbee12

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Great, but we don’t really kno anything about the 4 knights, like wat is their backstory, magical power, race, I don think percival and Gawain are fully human

everythingnice

Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Compared to the original 100 it might not be as good, but I think this series has done a good job as a standalone.

The characters are likable to me. Percy is definitely mysterious regarding his race and how far can his magic develop but we have actually seen far more of his character than what we had seen for Meliodas originally.

Anne herself showed a new ability like Elizabeth did.

We also have all of the special knights assembled unlike before where one of the Sins was missing.

Lancelot imo is also more interesting as a character than his father.

And Arthur's entrance in the previous arc was better than his entrance in the original. I could really feel the tension this time.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Lower than the first hundred chapters of Nanatsu, but higher than the last 10-20 chapters (not that it takes much).

Taken as a series in itself, it's also quite nice.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I feel it is solid. It's nice. Has it's strong moments, some I'd say are very good. Overall it cannot maintain the spark of hype and creativity of NNT during its first 100 but seeing how a lot of sequels are lacking behind their original works, this is one of the better installments.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Honestly enjoying it more than early NNT. At the time Ban was my favorite character (Before slowly being replaced by Gowther), but I felt somewhat detached from the other characters. Here I can say I'm enjoying most of the cast so far, with a few exceptions (Chion).
Nassiens is just precious :wub And really, Percival is loveable MC. Sure he's a pervert like Meliodas, but his other qualities make him a wholesome character. Not to mention he is innocent, so he kinda feels like Goku at the start of Dragon Ball.
Anne is also a great female lead. SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than Elizabeth its insane. See, Nakaba can write a proactive female lead if he tries :notrust

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Nothing tops Guila's introduction and subsequent fights during the first 100 chapters of NNT tho. Still best female character of all time.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another positive for me is that this manga doesn’t have the bad dad thing, where the characters we loved in the original are terrible fathers in the sequel. Ban and Lancelot clearly have issues but Ban clearly isn’t outright a bad father

Son Detective Asurei

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are my thoughts after 100 chapters? It's far better than the later half of the original series by leaps and bounds, but I simply will never think that it compares to the first arc with Hendrickson and the finding the Sins. That was the whole franchise at its best.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Other than that, I think most of the current main cast are good characters. The villains are enjoyable. I'm happy we went back to the basics of the series with having knights being the antagonists again.

The power system still annoys me because I just can't take these fights as seriously as before since we don't fully comprehend the rules of the system, relying solely on the artwork, emotional tenion, and action itself to tolerate them.

The story pacing is very inconsistent. Like these mini arcs can one moment be VERY slow and the next moment be fast. Honestly, if there was consistent pacing, I feel like this latest chapter would've been like in the 70s instead of 100.

Yakkun

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Always wanted Yakkun & Vortigern to do their in depth long posts at times like these ❤🔥 I also really love these feedback threads the most.
I might come to that at some time but I feel I need to give the story a bit more time to unfold. Maybe once the four main heroes make their first steps in mastering their respective roles. At the time it still feels like the story is just barely taking off. Perhaps I'll have more to say once some theories get confirmed and the characters receive more development and we also leave this "enemy knight of the week" theme behind for good. Because, the interferrence of MeraGaland and Arthur nonwithstanding, we still kinda have that and it's starting to wear on me a little.

Last edited:

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
For sure , for sure ! Definitely looking forward to it.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pretty good. I'd say the most enjoyable new battle shounen I have read recently along with Dandadan and Sakamoto Days.

NNT's first 100 chapters were more exciting, but the slower pace works better here and I definitely think it has more potential. There is more world building which is something I really enjoy.

Percival is a cool MC. I like the three other KoAs to various degrees and the three members of his platoon(compared to them, Tristan's is a bit annoying right now) but as a team it's pretty hard to surpass the Sins. The series is still young so we'll see.

Not sure if this is because of the pacing but maybe Nakaba is keeping too many things hidden about the cast? There are theories and we'll learn everything eventually, but we don't even know the name of Lancelot's Magic and he is been there since Chapter 2.

NNT had terrible romance. Not too sure how I feel about Lancelot and Tristan's relationships with their love interests(these time shenanigans are kinda annoying in Lancelot's case) but I really like Percival and Anne as a pairing.

Action scenes are obviously great. Nakaba was always good at that.

All the arcs have been solid. I'd say the worst one was Cant and it wasn't bad at all. TBH I thought the current one would be rather similar but it's becoming much more interesting.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Great, but we don’t really kno anything about the 4 knights, like wat is their backstory, magical power, race, I don think percival and Gawain are fully human
I disagree with this point, we've known exactly who half of the 4 Knights are since before the story started, we have quite a bit of backstory for Tristan and Lancelot's formation as the current magic wielders and fighters(it's not yet explained what the LotL taught Lance, but what he inherited from his parents is out in the open and undrerstandable, same can be said for Tristan), and we also have some serious hints on Percy and Gawain. It's more than what we could say 100 chapters in for Sins, when most people were still oblivious to Mel's inference early on that he and Elizabeth had been involved in the ancient Holy War or that he was not only fully demon, but royalty as well, and the few suspecting Elizabeth of being royalty from the GC were being shot down with: "No, she's just some druid". With the experience from Sins, now far more people either catch the hints themselves, or are more receptive when others point them out.
Another positive for me is that this manga doesn’t have the bad dad thing, where the characters we loved in the original are terrible fathers in the sequel. Ban and Lancelot clearly have issues but Ban clearly isn’t outright a bad father
Hmm, hmm, hmm, there's an ounce of bad parenting with out dear Meliodas and it leads to me realising that what Brim shared in hangout about Nakaba and fanservice tends to be contradicted by this series a lot, even with this couple.

For my part, I have a more intense love/hate relationship with this series, since I'm not blindsided by my expectations from Taizai with Mokushiroku. I used to adore the first major arc of Nanatsu, but in hindsight, all the hype I built up towards Nakaba expanding on certain lore, and that in universe/on page, was for naught, so I went into Mokushiroku with far lower expectations while hoping to enjoy the mains, their quests, and their supposed LIs. As a result, 100 chapters into Mokushiroku I'm much more satisfied with the main cast than I was with the Sins and Ellie by the end of Kingdom Invasion; there are still mysteries about Percy and Gawain, but they're bound to be explained, what with their major roles, and I know what to expect regarding the girls(not much, that is)...what takes me for a spin is the rehashing of the enemy of the arc archetypes/stereotypes and what Nakaba did to some reocurring supporting older cast. Idk why he brough Galand and Melascula back if they were to be sadder opponents than Macduff, complete with the proof that "they never learn". If I'd been a fan of those, I'd feel trolled, not "serviced".

To my surprise I love Tristan much more than I did either of his parents(sorry Ellie, but you weren't allowed to deliver to your max capacity, and we both know why), same with Mel's expy, Percy; I appreciate Percy's innocent ecchi mishaps much more than Mel's intentional "attentions" to Elizabeth, the mini-Percies are genuine salt and pepper and more relevant in the story as is, as opposed to Hawk's cutesy mascot role, Lance seems to bring to the table everything I liked in Ban and King, so I care for him way more than I did for Ban(now, don't get me wrong, I liked Ban well enough, but I was far less curious with his growth/development and input than I am with his son-maybe because I like sardonic characters...hmm), Gawain is the one that takes away from my enjoyment, for the most part, for various reasons I've mentioned in other threads. She had the most potential to be completely new and different, but in the end she's also a mixture of two old characters.
The LI girls being very different from their archetypes is a breath of fresh air, and the disappointment comes from Nakaba doing the same ol', not allowing them to be this whole new thing he starts with them but never finishes, since they "need" to be damsels in distress.
And the current main villain is definitely not the Jobber King or the Supreme Idiocy. I miss Arthur-bocchama, but he's at least a more entertaining foe. More charming as well.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I honestly don't see bad parenting from Meliodas. All I see is Tristan being jealous for no reason. He also thinks Meliodas can't understanding for some reason.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a Thread like this for the series as a whole ? I’d love that but nobody would reply if I attempted to create 1 . & I’m only a Member (previously Jr) , so highly doubt I’m allowed to .

When I start creating , this series as a whole will remain 1 of , if not my biggest inspiration. So I’d love any & all criticism , constructive thoughts , suggestions & trivia to help emulate what I & others may enjoy .

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is there a Thread like this for the series as a whole ? I’d love that but nobody would reply if I attempted to create 1 . & I’m only a Member (previously Jr) , so highly doubt I’m allowed to .

When I start creating , this series as a whole will remain 1 of , if not my biggest inspiration. So I’d love any & all criticism , constructive thoughts , suggestions & trivia to help emulate what I & others may enjoy .
??? The Hangout Thread. Creating another thread for the series as a whole seems pointless. Unless it's for arc reviews of something.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
I somewhat understand how it may seem that way to someone else , so I’ll just wholeheartedly disagree . As for the Hangout Thread , I’ll grab what I can get ! 👌🏾

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I somewhat understand how it may seem that way to someone else , so I’ll just wholeheartedly disagree . As for the Hangout Thread , I’ll grab what I can get ! 👌🏾
Maybe I don't get it but you don't really have restrictions.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mkay .

Last edited: