Witty Thread Title That Will Instantly Get Attention | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Witty Thread Title That Will Instantly Get Attention

Sensei42

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there!

Long time lurker and DGM fan, first time poster(well second, because I posted before remembering to do an intro thread -__-) anyway I felt like spreading my wings a bit and this seemed like a nice friendly face.

I look forward to see you around the forum~ Take care.

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I've been drawn here by your cunning thread title. :p

I suppose questions are in order, what are your favourite books, films, manga, anime, tv shows? (excluding DGM of course)
What is 1 thing no one knows about you?
Where would you like to visit the most?

Sensei42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Success!

Books: Anything by Terry Pratchett, murder mysteries, Haruhi Novels, hard sci-fi.
Films: Most Ghibli, Cowboy Bebop, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Wallace and Gromit, Seven, Nolan Batman films, Scott Pilgrim.
Anime: Haruhi Suzumiya(before it started trolling), Full Metal Alchemist, Kino's Journey, Full Metal Panic(all three series), Ghost in the Shell:STAC.
Manga: Faaaar too many to name. I dabble in everything.
TV: Fringe, Castle, Wire in the Blood, Stargate(SG1/Atlantis), Scrubs, anything Graham Linehan.

If I told you what it was then what will I have to say when I'm asked again D:

Japan, but right now I'd be happy with the corner shop, I crave kettle chips.

Last edited:

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
Success!

Books: Anything by Terry Pratchett, murder mysteries, Haruhi Novels, hard sci-fi.
Murder mysteries? Are you into the more modern ilk or more ACD/Agatha christie old school versions?

Do you have a top-5 favourite authors?
TV: Fringe, Castle, Wire in the Blood, Stargate(SG1/Atlantis), Scrubs, anything Graham Linehan.
Graham is genius. Father ted and the IT crowd are some of my favourite shows ever. :lmao

If I told you what it was then what will I have to say when I'm asked again D:
You would have find something new that no one knows about you. :oh

Japan, but right now I'd be happy with the corner shop, I crave kettle chips.
Kettle chips? The crisps brand? For some reason ive never tasted them. I always see them, but my eyes skim over to the doritos and walkers. :darn

Sensei42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Murder mysteries? Are you into the more modern ilk or more ACD/Agatha christie old school versions?

Do you have a top-5 favourite authors?

Graham is genius. Father ted and the IT crowd are some of my favourite shows ever. :lmao

You would have find something new that no one knows about you. :oh

Kettle chips? The crisps brand? For some reason ive never tasted them. I always see them, but my eyes skim over to the doritos and walkers. :darn
I'm more new than old, I sadly haven't read much Christie(I need to change that) but Sherlock Holmes was an interesting read, he's so up himself XD. At the momment I'm working my way through the Val McDermid novels.

Oh I do love me some Father Ted and IT Crowd, but Black Books will always be my favourite~ I hope he does something new soon.

Nooo, don't let them distract you. It's like eating manly crisps! Miners made them!

Imperium

Reaction score
Country
I think ive heard of Black boots, its the one with bill bailey in it right? Unfortunately i havent watched it. I might give it a go if i can find it (i checked iplayer but that was more out of hope than expectation >.>).

Manly crisps D: I have never heard of such a thing! Do manly crisps make you more manly? And if they do and you being an eater of them, how does that affect you in your everyday life?

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to MH!

What is your favorite DGM character?
Arc?

Sensei42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ^-^

Characters? I'm very fond of the Earl and after that it's Lavi, Cross and everyone else. DGM is one of those rare series where I like all the cast for one reason or other.

Ark arc was a lot of fun for me~ But so was the Zombie arc.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well for me the title was enough to visit...but not enough to post...but the avy:rofl...that made my day, and made me say welcome...
:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo:lolo

lordHokage

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Hello Sensei42,

Welcome to MH and the zone. I look forward to seeing you around here and there.

And you take care too, lordHokage. :)

igotthegoods

The Giggs
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey Sensei42! Nice thread title! :XD

So far, I mostly approve of your taste in the various media Imp asked you about (IT Crowd, FTW! :shakefist). How did you get your start reading manga/watching anime? What were your firsts of each? And since you say you dabble in a little of everything with respect to manga, what are some shoujo/josei titles you'd recommend (assuming you read these genres)?

Sensei42

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, I can't really remember when I got into Anime 0.o I know it was over 12 years ago and that's it XD I think I just watched pokemon and it grew from there. lol I'm lucky to have been young enough to enjoy the big anime boom where there were things like Digimon, Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon and Monster Rancher on TV.

I do read shoujo/josie but I tend to steer away from the 'super' girly titles. Well for shoujo/josei I pretty much like anything by Enjouji Maki (Hapi Mari in particular) Mars(always good if you love melodrama!), Stardust Twinkle, Skip Beat and Hiyokoi are the ones I'm reading at the moment.

I HATE anything by HWANG Mi-Ri ¬_¬