Games - World of Warcraft | Page 43 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games World of Warcraft

xnut

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
so, idk if this is the wrong place to talk about the movie or???

xnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
no you can talk here
hey lawl i missed you man, but anyways the movie looks dope. Going to see it today in imax and 3D since I was only partially into WoW i only know partially of the story this movie is about, but i heard its non WoW player friendly also.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
For what it's worth, the Warcraft movie isn't about WoW, it's the story concerning the first of the RTS games.

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Imo movie wasn't good at all. I mean everything happened so fast and war scenes were shitty imo. It wasn't the worst but still i didn't like it.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Duncan Jones has sort of hinted recently that a sequel will be greenlit, so I think that's good news for fans. I'd be curious to see how he'd continue this new continuum within the lore, because he's said previously that he doesn't want to touch the Arthas storyline. So I guess a sequel would be about the Second War.

xnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
For what it's worth, the Warcraft movie isn't about WoW, it's the story concerning the first of the RTS games.
o I know, I watched the lores man. It was good in my opinion except for a couple things
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Duncan Jones has sort of hinted recently that a sequel will be greenlit, so I think that's good news for fans. I'd be curious to see how he'd continue this new continuum within the lore, because he's said previously that he doesn't want to touch the Arthas storyline. So I guess a sequel would be about the Second War.
Thrall is the orc who gets enslaved right? Durotans son?

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
yeah thats right. YOu gotta start playing wow now
If you guys want to see lore loom up this guy

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Thrall is the orc who gets enslaved right? Durotans son?
In the lore, yeah. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm assuming they go in the same direction.

xnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the lore, yeah. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm assuming they go in the same direction.
theyre Thrall is going to be the next movie for sure, hopefully they dont forget to include important stuff this time

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, I saw the warcraft movie. I think it was what it was supposed to be and no more. It is, as far as I know, an accurate depiction of the first warcraft game. Fights were fun, characters were plain, betrayal, nobility, corny... Overall, warcraft. I guess it makes sense that the next movie would focus on the second game... Finally get to see ner zul....

I gotta say, I am curious about how they would handle warcraft III. The game has an expansion and simply too much happens through it. Realistically speaking each campaign could easily be a movie. I guess they could reasonably end the story the next movie but the movie now easily sets up pretty much everything for warcraft III and even WOW eventually.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Overall, warcraft. I guess it makes sense that the next movie would focus on the second game... Finally get to see ner zul....
Oh really? Is that based on what happens in the movie, or? I mean, it makes sense to include him if they're moving to WCII stuff and expand the story of Draenor and everything. But I wouldn't be surprised if Duncan Jones makes even more changes with the general plotline. As far as I've heard, there's no real allusion to the Burning Legion or Demons in the first movie. Unless we're just supposed to assume the general audience could see that coming due to Fel magic existing.

I gotta say, I am curious about how they would handle warcraft III. The game has an expansion and simply too much happens through it. Realistically speaking each campaign could easily be a movie. I guess they could reasonably end the story the next movie but the movie now easily sets up pretty much everything for warcraft III and even WOW eventually.
I'm not sure how it would all work within a single movie, plus Jones has said he doesn't want to touch Arthas' story.

As far as adapting storylines from WoW, I think that'd be like adapting WC3 x10, because the story doesn't gel as well since telling a story isn't the main purpose of the game, compared to the RTS's and everything. Not sure how much it'd resemble the lore of the game tbh.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Oh really? Is that based on what happens in the movie, or? I mean, it makes sense to include him if they're moving to WCII stuff and expand the story of Draenor and everything. But I wouldn't be surprised if Duncan Jones makes even more changes with the general plotline. As far as I've heard, there's no real allusion to the Burning Legion or Demons in the first movie. Unless we're just supposed to assume the general audience could see that coming due to Fel magic existing.

I'm not sure how it would all work within a single movie, plus Jones has said he doesn't want to touch Arthas' story.

As far as adapting storylines from WoW, I think that'd be like adapting WC3 x10, because the story doesn't gel as well since telling a story isn't the main purpose of the game, compared to the RTS's and everything. Not sure how much it'd resemble the lore of the game tbh.
As far as I can tell the movie sticks very well to the lore though. So the whole thing is set up fairly well for the second games. We even saw baby thrall which at least hints at WIII events. As far as the burning legion, it wasn't specifically mentioned but the game sticks to the lore enough for it to make perfect sense. You have the fel, gul dan, mediv.... It all fits perfectly well. I haven't heard they specifically didn't want to make the arthas storyline but if they remove that then they have less to fit into the WIII events. Realistically speaking they could introduce the scourge without arthas. Instead we get ner zul in the next movie, the guy ends up turned by demons into the lich king and the next movie has the orcs and humans fleeing to kalimdor for their own reasons. It's still too much for a single movie but it is mostly doable.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
As far as I can tell the movie sticks very well to the lore though. So the whole thing is set up fairly well for the second games. We even saw baby thrall which at least hints at WIII events. As far as the burning legion, it wasn't specifically mentioned but the game sticks to the lore enough for it to make perfect sense. You have the fel, gul dan, mediv.... It all fits perfectly well. I haven't heard they specifically didn't want to make the arthas storyline but if they remove that then they have less to fit into the WIII events. Realistically speaking they could introduce the scourge without arthas. Instead we get ner zul in the next movie, the guy ends up turned by demons into the lich king and the next movie has the orcs and humans fleeing to kalimdor for their own reasons. It's still too much for a single movie but it is mostly doable.
Hmm, the general outline, yes. But from what I've seen there are some rather large changes. They may seem minor in the first movie, but they sort of spread outwardly, affecting other things potentially.

It's hard to tell due to it being intertwined with novel-stuff, but Thrall wouldn't be relevant to the story of the Second War or WCII, until maybe the end of it. I guess it really depends on how they'll construct the story going forward. Probably also depends on how much of the movie uses material from Beyond the Dark Portal.

Forget Arthas and the Scourge, I'm still sort of wondering how they'll fit the Night Elf story in...especially considering it would probably require a lot of flashbacks.
Holy shit this series is good, nice surprise too!

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
after trying to get warglaives of azzinoth since wotlk kinda funny i get a drop on my DH after first try lel

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Need more screenshots perhaps :kappa

But I mean, the odds that Demon Hunter would have a Warglaive of Azzinoth drop in the first week of the class's availability is just insane. I'd kill to see Blizzard's internal statistics on such a thing.

And I thought I had won the loot competition for a while with the Eye of Sulfuras dropping on my Death Knight from Molton Core and forging Sulfuras at the Black Anvil in BRD last week.....

:pogchamp
--- Double Post Merged, ---

--- Double Post Merged, ---