Voting Round 2 - World Trigger vs Mahou Tsukai no Yome | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 World Trigger vs Mahou Tsukai no Yome

Who wins?

• World Trigger

• Mahou Tsukai no Yome

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam

World Trigger
Daisuke Ashihara

-

Mahou Tsukai no Yome
Kore Yamazaki

Rules

- You are allowed to vote for one Manga
- After 5 days, the Manga with the most votes will proceed into the next round
- In case of a tie, a staff pick will break it

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I might as well go here and add what I know about World Trigger from the wiki to help ya love it.
Also to educate you on an awesome sci-fi
Also Yuma Kuga my username comes from this sci fi manga/anime and hes on the front cover of the first volume.
Either way, give this sci-fi a fair shake and check it out :zomg

In Mikado City (三門市 Mikado-shi) (280 000 inhabitants), a "gate" to a different world is opened suddenly one day. Monsters called "Neighbors" (近界民ネイバー Neibā, lit. "Near-world people") start appearing from it, every one after the gate is opened for the first time. Humans are overwhelmed at first, when their weapons are found to be useless against Neighbors, until a mysterious organization appear that is able to repel the Neighbors' attacks. The organization is called the National Defense Agency, or "Border," and has appropriated the Neighbor technology called "Triggers," which allows the user to channel an internal energy called Trion and use it as a weapon or for other purposes. By activating a trigger, the body of users is replaced by a battle-body made of trion which is stronger and more resistant. Members of Border are divided in three ranks, A, B, and C, with only the members of rank A possessing the most powerful triggers, comparable in strength to those of Neighbors.

Four years later, people in Mikado City have grown used to the occasional battles with the Neighbors, and have returned more or less to their everyday lives. Border has become really popular. One day, a mysterious white-haired student transfers to the local school, named Yūma Kuga (空閑 遊真 Kuga Yūma). Kuga is in fact a strong humanoid Neighbor, a fact that he wants to hide from Border. In the school he meets another student, Osamu Mikumo (三雲 修 Mikumo Osamu), who is secretly a C-class Border trainee. Since Kuga is completely oblivious about life in Mikado City, it falls to Mikumo to guide him through it, and to prevent him from being discovered by Border.

"There are three lessons he taught me when I was six. Lesson one: Protect yourself, by yourself. Parents can't protect you forever. Work out or think hard and figure out a way to take care of things by yourself. Don't get close to things you can't take care of. Use your imagination to avoid danger. Lesson two: There's more than one answer. Things can be resolved in many ways. On the contrary, there's no answer in some cases. Don't get hung up with one way. And finally, lesson 3: Don't think your parents are always right."
~Yuma Kuga~

YumaKuga

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Having a waifu crush is not much of a argument Sky-san :cheez

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
YumaKuga, we're so dead. We're fighting a manga which got its first episode released this week and has a cute redhead waifu material while best boy Osamu wasn't seen for months!

I still gonna vote for World Trigger. Let's go down with this ship!

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I don't know World trigger but...

I have a few simple arguments for Mahouyome:

Do. It. For. Chise!
Your arguements are valid my mentor! :verily

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
After watching the first episode, I would vote for Elias rather than for Chise :p.

Not favoring any of them right now. niichan wanted to be able to properly campaign so I will wait and see.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well then, everybody~

Have you seen the first episode? It was amazing, right? Right?! :zomg okay, that's enough fanboying...

I think I already gave a good introduction HERE, so check out that post if you haven't already.

Adding from there, this series is going to tell a story about two people growing up together. If you've seen the first episode, Elias might seem mature and like a very strong mage, but if it comes to understanding humans and emotions, he's pretty much a fledgling. Some things might seem funny, or maybe even weird to some, but there's a good reason why Elias calls Chise "Boku no Puppy" or is so nonchalant about certain things, like:

When he wants to wash Chise's body. I think this could be a potentially misleading scene. He's basically viewing Chise as just this "one girl" who might help him to understand humans. He's saying all this stuff about "family" and "home", and even "bride", yet he himself barely understands the concept. In that regard, he really views Chise as more of a pet right now, hence why he so nonchalantly wants to wash her. (and come on, Chise's reaction is so cute and funny xD).

What I'm trying to say is that this is barely the start of their adventure, and that this has a lot more to offer than some old creature teaching Chise the way of life. They will go through many things together, and learn from each other.

Now that I got this out of the way, let me give a little glimpse of why I love MahouYome so much. I think what it does perfectly is mingling the world of fantasy and reality. Just like with Elias and Chise, a main theme of the story is how the fantasy and reality live side by side, and influence each other. The manga manages to create the feeling of a vast world, full of wonder, of fantastical and touching stories.

There are many, many more moments like that. Elias and Chise might be the stars of the show, but the manga always gives other characters plenty of time to shine as well, like the story of "Silky" I teased in the first panel. (the chara which Elias called Silver in the first episode, in case you're confused). Nothing is there as a simple plot device or to complement the main duo, and that's exactly why the world feels so vivid.

I feel like my post is getting tl;dr though, so I will stop it here. More next time, and I hope I could convince a few of you to vote for this amazing manga :wtf

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well I would like to make arguments but again, doesn't seem like there's much interest from the nominator... maybe I'm judging too early, let's hope so. All he shared so far is a copy&paste summary about the manga and some covers, nothing there I could say anything about :teehee

That being said, beating World Trigger certainly isn't an easy feat, contrary to what James said. It already had a long-running anime and it is serialized in the most well-known japanese magazine by far, Shounen Jump. One measly episode from a new show hardly anyone knows definitely has a hard time against that :XD

Still, I'm willing to fight as hard as possible :hip Already have something prepared for my next post, but I will wait until tomorrow, maybe YumaKuga is actually going to show up.

YumaKuga

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
YumaKuga, we're so dead. We're fighting a manga which got its first episode released this week and has a cute redhead waifu material while best boy Osamu wasn't seen for months!

I still gonna vote for World Trigger. Let's go down with this ship!
Lol at least World Trigger is an established manga with 164 chapters and an anime with 73 episodes vs this others one lol. World trigger has best girl waifu material too like Konami and freaking Ai Kitora. I will fight for my manga to the end lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Alright people want some campaigning about this hard hitting Sci Fi about friends and adventure and always sticking together? I will give you it all. And this is not copy pasta, this is all from me because I love this series a shitload.

World Trigger is an original Sci-Fi story in the most recent years from Daisuke Ashihara. The main sci-fi point to the story revolves around trion and trigger, hence the name "World Trigger." Every human on the planet has a small invisible organ called the trion gland and how much trion you have means how strong you are and helps you last longer in fights when using what are called "Triggers." Triggers come in different set ups, such a Attacker (Swords and such) Gunner (Any type of high powered gun like rifles, shotguns or handgun that use trion bullets) Snipers (There are three different sniper riffles for different situations.) And finally shooters. Every trigger itself can have a multitude of different set ups and how your weapons you choose are used. When you use a trigger your body is switched with a trion body, sealing away your real body in the trigger itself until you run low on trion or "Bail" out. There is a lot of cool things with this and you can certainly read more about the technical parts to this in the manga or by watching the anime, both which lay it out nicely to understand.

Now onto the story without to much of a spoiler. The two main characters of this story are Yuma Kuga and Osamu Mikumo, two teens from different worlds and backgrounds. Yuma comes from what is called the "neighborhood" a space full of planet nations, some of which orbit on a course and others that are errant (Meaning they float around freely with no planed orbit in space. Sometimes these nations come close enough and send portals that open and send out trion soldiers. Trion soldiers come in many types, some are used to capture humans for their trion or even harvest the organs themselves, others bombard city's and attack without capturing. This is where Border comes in, an organization built to protect Mikado City where the neighbors frequently attack and help keep the population safe. And our other main character Osamu is an agent of sorts in Border.

Yuma and Osamu meet in school, where Yuma has transferred from some unknown country that he says loved to war on others everyday. Things get more strange with how he acts and takes care of himself until he tells Osamu who and where he is from. He is a neighbor from the other side

Yuma had come to this world because his late father told him a friend of his worked inside of Border. It turns out later that the Higher ups want the top A rank teams to kill Yuma, but are thwarted when he utterly destroys one of the top A rank teams 1 vs 4. Another Agent comes that accepts Yuma for who he is and tells him that he has a black trigger, an over powered trigger that's created when a person pours everything into creating it, making them die in return. It later turns out that Yumas trigger was made by his late father and that was how he died. Yuma regrets his fathers passing and wants to find away to bring him back from the dead and to know why he was smiling when he saved Yumas life. His father saved Yuma, sealing his dying body inside the black trigger he had created, thus preserving Yuma's life, albeit for a time. It is unknown how long Yuma has left, a year, maybe a decade or an hour?

Its not known. But when he finds out things about his fathers friend in border, things seem to be down for him. Read on if you are interested in this story. It is very moving in some ways, showing how different people no matter who they are or where they are from can come together and be friends. And I can add more to this as well if people like. Its just a really good series that's rather unique for a Sci-Fi, which is rare these days. And I enjoyed writing this up because I like writing lol. So in all fairness, give this manga a fair chance when you vote. And even if it doesn't win, please give it a read if you like!

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Honestly that all sounds like pretty generic shounen tropes, done thousands of times.

- MC is being kind of this really special guy
- *insert sad father story* (mother's usually ignored for the most part)
- two big bros battle fate together + overcome their differences

Add to that the fact that you actually included a bunch of rather "big" spoilers (from how it looks at least), besides saying you don't want to reveal too much... Guess you had to include twists to make this series appear charming, but that's not necessary for Mahoutsukai no Yome, because it's not your average shonen series you see en masse :teehee Can't really judge if it adds another spin to it, or if it treats the tropes especially well, but tbh your post didn't make me interested in the series.

Not really a fan of bashing, so I will leave it at that. Only wanted to say that this certainly doesn't sound like a series that's potentially better or has more quality than Mahoutsukai.

As for more arguments for Mahoutsukai itself, I will share another post tomorrow. Sadly I don't have a lot of time available today :/

Reactions: syx

YumaKuga

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Honestly that all sounds like pretty generic shounen tropes, done thousands of times.

- MC is being kind of this really special guy
- *insert sad father story* (mother's usually ignored for the most part)
- two big bros battle fate together + overcome their differences

Add to that the fact that you actually included a bunch of rather "big" spoilers (from how it looks at least), besides saying you don't want to reveal too much... Guess you had to include twists to make this series appear charming, but that's not necessary for Mahoutsukai no Yome, because it's not your average shonen series you see en masse :teehee Can't really judge if it adds another spin to it, or if it treats the tropes especially well, but tbh your post didn't make me interested in the series.

Not really a fan of bashing, so I will leave it at that. Only wanted to say that this certainly doesn't sound like a series that's potentially better or has more quality than Mahoutsukai.

As for more arguments for Mahoutsukai itself, I will share another post tomorrow. Sadly I don't have a lot of time available today :/
Well its not actually how you state it with them being "Big Bros fighting fate" in fact what I posted doesn't spoil anything as it barely has to do with the main plot at all. I didn't even spoil the other characters that have to do with whats actually happening in the this story and what the overall story is really about. So they were not as you say "Big" spoilers, and rather not spoilers at all as you would kinda guess these things early on anyways. And actually I would spoil other things if I had added them in with what I said and ruin the actually story that we have 164 chapters with currently and 73 episodes. In fact Osamu completely sucks and is weak as fuck. And its not a sad father story that comes up every chapter, only like in the chapters that they talk about what happened to him (Which is like three in the third volume.) and really all Yuma wants to know is why he was smiling when he crumbled to dust. And when it comes to mc its not being a special kind of guy that only he can be, literally every character in this world can be a special kind of guy or girl if they wanted too. I wasent putting twists to make it appear "Charming" as you put it, I was merely putting up and writing from my experience what should be known about this series. And I wasent writing to just you and to make just you "Interested" at all, I was writing for everybody on this forum.

Now I am not into bashing myself, but from what I have seen with Mahoutsukai no Yome, it looks like your average waifu material that panders to guys who need waifu material. I'm sure its a good story and I might check it out if you give me a good reason too, but when I see Sky post pictures of a red haired girl only, I get the sense this is just another waifu story pandering to fan service and barely enough story to warrant it being interesting. what you need to do for people like me on this forum is to show that this is not the case and to make me interested. I'm not going to be upset with losing this voting war at all, I'm here to be sold on a new manga I've never seen and that's all. That's why I worded and wrote my bit on World Trigger how I did.

Now don't get me wrong, we can be friends after this and during, but by all means have your way with bashing if you must. I love to debate and counter others with writing and logic, so I won't cry weeb tears if you bash this story. Cause I expect each of us to be working hard for that vote right? In the very least may the best manga win.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
WT might be on Hiatus but it still should win this round (at the very least!)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Casting my vote for Mahou Tsukai no Yome

My experience with both series is minimal. I've seen maybe 2 episodes of the World Trigger anime and only the 1 of Mahou Tsukai no Yome. Didn't stick with WT(didn't care for the art style) but I'm completely sucked into Mahoutsukai

YumaKuga does make WT sound like the sort of series I'd love so maybe I'll give it another shot sometime soon. For now though I gotta go with Mahoutsukai because 3 minutes into the first episode I was already buying my ticket for the Elias X Chise ship.

Last edited:

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well its not actually how you state it with them being "Big Bros fighting fate" in fact what I posted doesn't spoil anything as it barely has to do with the main plot at all. I didn't even spoil the other characters that have to do with whats actually happening in the this story and what the overall story is really about. So they were not as you say "Big" spoilers, and rather not spoilers at all as you would kinda guess these things early on anyways. And actually I would spoil other things if I had added them in with what I said and ruin the actually story that we have 164 chapters with currently and 73 episodes. In fact Osamu completely sucks and is weak as fuck. And its not a sad father story that comes up every chapter, only like in the chapters that they talk about what happened to him (Which is like three in the third volume.) and really all Yuma wants to know is why he was smiling when he crumbled to dust. And when it comes to mc its not being a special kind of guy that only he can be, literally every character in this world can be a special kind of guy or girl if they wanted too. I wasent putting twists to make it appear "Charming" as you put it, I was merely putting up and writing from my experience what should be known about this series. And I wasent writing to just you and to make just you "Interested" at all, I was writing for everybody on this forum.

Now I am not into bashing myself, but from what I have seen with Mahoutsukai no Yome, it looks like your average waifu material that panders to guys who need waifu material. I'm sure its a good story and I might check it out if you give me a good reason too, but when I see Sky post pictures of a red haired girl only, I get the sense this is just another waifu story pandering to fan service and barely enough story to warrant it being interesting. what you need to do for people like me on this forum is to show that this is not the case and to make me interested. I'm not going to be upset with losing this voting war at all, I'm here to be sold on a new manga I've never seen and that's all. That's why I worded and wrote my bit on World Trigger how I did.

Now don't get me wrong, we can be friends after this and during, but by all means have your way with bashing if you must. I love to debate and counter others with writing and logic, so I won't cry weeb tears if you bash this story. Cause I expect each of us to be working hard for that vote right? In the very least may the best manga win.
Fair enough, that's a good proposal :3 Still not big on bashing, but as long as there are no hard feelings involved, it can be quite fun at times :toc

Anyway, I don't really have that much to add. I get your points, but to me it still sounds like your average shonen adventure/friendship story. I can see many familiar aspects in the things you wrote, so no matter if they make up a small or big part of the story, to me it doesn't feel appealing, nor does it feel like it's a particularly well-crafted story. Ofc that's just my impression, but that's the feeling I get.

Well, if you've read my two big posts on Mahoutsukai, you should know it's not about creating a waifu for Otaku... but for some reason I feel like you haven't xD
Chise (that's the name of the girl) isn't waifu material at all. She's like an adorable daughter or younger sister you want to cheer for. In many ways she's still just a kid, so this is more about her growing up, together with the other MC, Elias. Yet both are just one part of a huge world, the story does focus on other characters pretty often, it's one of the things I really like about the manga.

Besides that, I think I will add more in my next big post, because I feel like I'm more or less repeating what I already said a few days ago. Instead of trying to argue with some pics Sky posted, you could actually read my posts about the series in this thread and the last :p

Kanijo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Vote for World Trigger. It's awesome!

It has pretty awesome fights that revolve around the use of logic and team strategy. It especially takes full advantage of the fact that they use artificial bodies to fight.

Also, has a story revolved around the importance of understanding your limits. Understanding the amount of work and time it takes to get better and be able to achieve what you want. And about looking at things with more than one perspective.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Voted Mahou, i dont know neither of them yet, and im sure World Trigger is a nice manga, but Mahou Tsukai is a manga/anime i'm looking forward a lot way before the starting of MHW 1. also I usually trust a lot Nii-kun tastes he shares a lot my opinons on many manga/animes Ive seen or watched.

Reactions: Nii

Felcis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Mahou Tsukai is a great series, with strong characterization, pleasing art and a lovable waifu (yes, yes, adorable lil' sister type, but still). A worthy competitor.

My vote's going with World Trigger though!
It's an entry for a popular genre that's full of unoriginal, mediocre series but it does so many things differently that it feels distinctively fresh. Great world building (what, the mysterious military-organization actually has to interact with civilian institutions and a press conference is one of the highlight chapters of an arc?), very believable characters (people should advertise Osamu as the main... he is the true focus and super interesting!) and some of the most interesting and exciting fights I have ever seen in manga, period.
Also, while humor is not the main focus of the series,it's spot on whenever it happens. I just burst out laughing at some of the scenes.

To me it would be a perfect series, if it didn't have those hiatus problems... poor Ashihara, pls get better. :<

PS: Of course true waifu to beat all waifu's is Ms "Not yet appearing in the series proper aside from short flashbacks", Mirai Hatohara. I'm not sure why aside from them freckles, but it's a fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.