Discussion - WrassleHelpers: The Mangahelpers Pro Wrestling Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion WrassleHelpers: The Mangahelpers Pro Wrestling Thread

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
OHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Here it is brother, the official Mangahelpers pro wrestling fan thread! Where pro wrestling fans come to wax poetic about the most ELECTRIFYING promotions in sports entertainment today!

Your one-stop spot for AEW, WWE, Impact, NJPW, and Indie pro wrestling convos! Introduce yourself, tell us who your favorite wrestler of all time is, your fav finisher and... I guess we'll all stop here to chat about wrestling news. Maybe have watch parties live or get into heated debates about all things wrassle.

I grew up watching WWE and WCW. Was always a Hogan fan as a kid, then migrated to a Rock stan during the Attitude Era. And my favorite wrestling move is the Blue Thunder Bomb.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I used to watch WWE but stopped few years ago because it's not entertaining anymore, way too formulaic. I abhor Hogan, but as a wrestling figure he is one of the most influential.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah... I hate Hogan now for obvious reasons, lol. But I can't deny my past. I was a huge fan of him when I was young'n.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Understandable, but even without knowing him as a human being, I was never a fan because he was boring in the ring. I prefer the likes of Bret Hart and HBK, where they can put out more and make matches interesting and not as formulaic.

But I got into wrestling as a teen, when I'm more focused on matches than just entertainment. Cena's the same, but he could at least deliver when needed, and he started doing that around or after Punk's pipe bomb.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I watched a lot of it growing up but stopped paying attention to it not long after the merger. It was never not formulaic, it just lost a lot of it's edge and I didn't find the main players interesting anymore. Probably grew out of it too though.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Watched wrestling when I was a kid. Stopped watching in 2014, but came back in the midst of the pandemic! Guess I was bored and decided to check out the new stuff. Right now, my favorite current wrestlers would be Bryan Danielson, Kenny Omega, Roman Reigns and Kazuchika Okada. But, if talking about best of all time, usually I get three names: Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle and AJ Styles.

Also, since 2021 is almost over, might as well talk about my favorite matches \o/
NJPW has Jay White vs Kota Ibushi and Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay from Wrestle Kingdom. Then, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Shingo Takagi from New Beginning.
WWE has Daniel Bryan vs Edge vs Roman Reigns from Wrestlemania. Then, Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan from Smackdown and the MITB ladder match from the guys at MITB.
Finally, AEW has Bryan Danielson vs Kenny Omega from Dynamite, Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros. from All Out and Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa from Dynamite.

From this list, Bryan is easily my MVP of this year :blush

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Wrestling Legend Scott Hall Life Support Removed After Routine Surgery Goes Very Wrong Razor Ramon

Sad man.

:sad