Support - XenForo Switch Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support XenForo Switch Thread

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
We've finally completed the move and the new board is now live. We did our best to get things working but of course it's impossible to test everything, so we'll try to sort out issues in time. You can use this thread to post the problems you encounter on the new board, or you can simply give feedback.

We hope you enjoy the new site and have a pleasant user experience.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
The homepage still needs to be relinked properly:

https://mangahelpers.com/

Since it doesn't immediately link to the new forums, inbox, settings, etc... The two pages are still rather independent of each other. That aside, I see nothing lost in terms of inbox content etc. So looking good so far!

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When i copied a text from ANN and posted in a thread, the standard size of the letters was 5 or 6.
Is it possible to make it the same size as the posts we write automatically?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I uploaded a signature and some people are showing with it.
Not everyone though. :blink

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
When i copied a text from ANN and posted in a thread, the standard size of the letters was 5 or 6.
Is it possible to make it the same size as the posts we write automatically?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I uploaded a signature and some people are showing with it.
Not everyone though. :blink
I doubt it, it's how the reply box works and it's difficult to change this behavior. Perhaps you can click Use BB Code Editor button (the rightmost button) before pasting, it may work. :wonder

We installed a new signature add-on which allows uploading signatures, it's otherwise not possible on XF. I don't know why people share signatures but if everybody updates their signatures, chances are the problem may go away.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Asclepius: Easiest way I've found to do this is, when you past the copied text into the editor box, before you "Post Reply" to send the text, hit select all( or highlight whichever part you wish to be regular as on forum, and then press the "Remove Formatting" button (middle button on the right side of the editor box) and that should turn your text into regular forum size.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Hi, the forum's new look looks absolutely great!!! My only problem is the menu bar keeps blocking the page everytime I visit the page on my iPad. Can you do something about it???

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
We installed a new signature add-on which allows uploading signatures, it's otherwise not possible on XF. I don't know why people share signatures but if everybody updates their signatures, chances are the problem may go away.
@Asclepius What he said. People need to remove the old [sigpic] tag that was copied over from vBulletin and resave it. The tag looks the same here, but XF actually inserts your user ID number into the tag as well (like [sigpic]######[/sigpic]. Without the user id number, any time that tag is used, your signature will appear, even if it's in someone elses's signature.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Hi, the forum's new look looks absolutely great!!! My only problem is the menu bar keeps blocking the page everytime I visit the page on my iPad. Can you do something about it???
The number one suggestion I can give you to fix your problem is to throw the ipad out.
:invalid

In all seriousness though the new site is awesome I am loving it so far. I didn't have a particular dislike of the old forums besides them being not-so mobile friendly. As a long time MHer I find this change good! Great work!

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I'm having the same problem :XD. However, if you switch to portrait mode the menu bar moves to the side and you can navigate the forums without problem. It could be uncomfortable holding the ipad vertically for long, though.

Can there be a mobile-to-PC mode switch option to solve this problem?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Thxs so much for your great work. :zomg

But can't find spoilers tag & quote tags on the coffee theme.

& don't know if it's just a temporary issue, but can't access my translator board :

Internal Server Error (500)

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
A
I'm having the same problem :XD. However, if you switch to portrait mode the menu bar moves to the side and you can navigate the forums without problem. It could be uncomfortable holding the ipad vertically for long, though.

Can there be a mobile-to-PC mode switch option to solve this problem?
Ah, see. I prefer reading in landscape on my mobile,so this is a pain in the ass.... I hope they can get this fixed soon, though.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I'm not seeing alerts or the like with my PMs on the forum, I don't see the warning on my inbox icon on the upper right. Is there a problem?

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Thxs so much for your great work. :zomg

But can't find spoilers tag & quote tags on the coffee theme.

& don't know if it's just a temporary issue, but can't access my translator board :

Click on the Insert button(the one with a big +) for Spoiler and Quote tags.

Sohma Riku

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Erinyes said:
"& don't know if it's just a temporary issue, but can't access my translator board"
I have the same issue. Can't access my translator board.
Actually, the home page doesn't even recognize me as being logged in. Even though the forum does.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I have the same issue. Can't access my translator board.
Actually, the home page doesn't even recognize me as being logged in. Even though the forum does.
Okay try this: log out from the forum, and before logging back in, make sure you tick the "Keep me logged in" box. Now try going to translator page and it should be working.

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an issue. I can see the site fine when I'm on my laptop, but when I use my iPad, I see this:

Haya-san

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I don't know if it's only me, but I've seen my signature in the place of that of other members, maybe a glitch?

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I have an issue. I can see the site fine when I'm on my laptop, but when I use my iPad, I see this:
Try the vertical view on your iPad. It works for me and should be sufficient for the time being.