Light Novel - Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School
Story: Wataru Watari
Art: Ponkan 8
Serialized in: Gagaga Bunko

Synopsis
Hikigaya Hachiman is a high school boy with twisted character. He prefers to go against the trend and refuses to make friends with anybody. In order to get Hachiman back the right track, his school teacher Hiratsuka Shizuka forces him to enter 'Public Service Club'. There he meets other problematic students.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I finished volume one awhile back, really good. I like the LN much more than the anime, though Yukinoshita-san is such a mean character.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Completed Volume 1.

Hachiman is quite interesting, antisocial and proud to be, reading his thoughts made me laugh a lot I can't believe how I liked his interactions with Saika.
Ojou, cheerful girl, otaku, imouto, hot teacher, trap, popular nice guy, bitchy blond(though she seems to be nicer with what I read at the end). Many necessary archetypes characters present in a high school are properly introduced, the female MCs already got some character development. Surprisingly I have no trouble remembering their names.

Again, the prologue was epic :XD.

I finished volume one awhile back, really good. I like the LN much more than the anime, though Yukinoshita-san is such a mean character.
Mean? Compared to characters of this genre I think she is rather nice, she does her best to help people when asked, she is just blunt and her arrogance is understandable, to a degree...

The fact that she accepts any challenge, doesn't it make her easy to manipulate? :derp

Would have probably caught up with Vol 2 today or tomorrow.

---------- Post added July 04, 2014 at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was June 26, 2014 at 08:03 PM ----------

Volume 2 Chapter 3 is translated

Everybody is a nice guy for Hayama I liked how Yukinoshita crushed him :lmao. It seems Yui is interested in Hachiman, I may be wrong but unless it's an unknown character I don't know who it could be. I guess Hayama will talk more to him from now on.

Totsuka is really, really cute. I might root for a Yaoi pairing for the first time :o.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bah I dont really much like the Totsuka Hikki moments, I prefer Hikki and Hayama its just better and their interactions is great in this.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Volume 2 is fully translated on ND.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly what is volume 6.5?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Exactly what is volume 6.5?
Description on BT:

This volume contains novel specials bundled together with the anime series' first, third and fifth DVD/Blu-ray Disc.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What an odd way to do it, they should have just left it bd/dvd exclusive then. I bet the anime owners feel cheated, well I would considering the cost of anime over there.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I completed Volume 2.

At the end, was it supposed to be a confession? All the parts were good but Chapter 5 really left a big impression on me. His logic is complicated... He just told her to go away like that. How will he interact with her after this? I guess he thinks she will never speak to him or something?

---------- Post added August 21, 2014 at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was August 06, 2014 at 03:47 PM ----------

Volume 3 Chapter 1 translated.

konokon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
volume 010 is completely translated

volume 003 completely translated with bonus track by frog-kun

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Okay, so I just received my copy of volume 10.5 yesterday and I have finished it now.

Woaaah I'm now somewhat conflicted about Iroha, to be frank. I am ambivalent towards her character but it's pretty surprising that she - technically - asked Hachiman to a date, even though I am not sure if the motive is romantic to certain extent or she simply wants to tease him. Overall it's a good volume, and a nice interlude before the next volume

Cannot wait for volume 11 next month, I am expecting more dramas after what happened in the previous two volumes.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I visited ND today and noticed that more than 10 volumes were translated. I can marathon this, it will end soon I believe, will Volume 11 be the last?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
AH yes this was picked up for US release in 2016, cant wait to start buying.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
@levi12

We fellow Hachiman x Yukino shippers

:allthe we finally won.