Third Round - Yor Forger vs. Maomao | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Third Round Yor Forger vs. Maomao

Who is the best Waifu?

• Yor Forger

• Maomao

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Yor Forger
Spy x Family
Maomao
Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't know who this Maiomao is on the ballot. I thought this battle was against Yor Forger vs Maomao. Somebody call security! Somebody tried to slip in masquerading as a contestant! :XD

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
1st of all, best luck @Marmalade

Huge thanks to everyone who voted for Maomao ! ♥
I appreciate it a lot ! I will try to be back soon, with some more thoughts about her. Meanwhile, here are the links of the previous round campaign posts, feel free to have a look. Thanks in advance for your patience and please take the time to read the campaigns and don't judge my nominee without trying to know more about her, I swear she's so unique and a priceless gem ! <3

I - Introduction

II- Coming soon for the campaign....

Please, counting on your support !

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I don't know who this Maiomao is on the ballot. I thought this battle was against Yor Forger vs Maomao. Somebody call security! Somebody tried to slip in masquerading as a contestant! :XD
Seems sky is in the mood for mayo.

so cute

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You’ve seen nothing. 👀
I'm not sure... I thought I saw this guy slipping out the back!

A couple more spelling changes...

• Hug
Reactions: Sky

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Campaign - Round 3

As mentioned in the previous round, Maomao has a rich personality that is nurtured partly by the harsh background she grew up in, and despite that, she herself learned to become resilient and sharp. That’s the reason why she is so matter-of-fact and that she appears désabusé or even cynical sometimes. But deep inside, she is a kind and caring character who prioritizes other people over herself and who can go to such lengths as injuring herself for the sake of saving others. But, she hides that trait of her personality. That richness and that experiences of hers are what contributed to developing her humaneness, that she reveals gradually.​

Her gentle self

A Caring and Gentle Waifu

Life is cruel, and individuals end up facing illness, accidents, twists of fate, poverty, dissensions, senility, and ultimately death. Nothing is truly gained, be it status, strength, beauty, money, health, friends. And when that happens, humans need that person (or special someone) who can help them stand back on their feet, comfort them, support them. Consort Rifa (Lihua in VN, depending on translations) was among the unfortunate characters (another great character). Not only had she lost her baby, who had died due to lead poisoning. But, she also almost lost her life because of her ladies in attendance carelessness (I will talk about it later). She ended up in a terrible state, close to death. The emperor summoned Maomao and entrusted the consort's life to her. Maomao was that person who stayed at her side the whole time, that despite having no self-interest. But, she still was compassionate and treated that person the best way possible, even though, she is not even someone she was emotionally attached to in any forms beforehand. Imagine the kind of waifu Maomao is just by her feats. You think the other maids were cruel to treat the consort like that, not to clean her properly, or to focus only on superficiality and appearances to the point they endangered her life. They were indeed, but that is how human nature is, most people would act like them. There is an entire chapter titled “Caring the Consort” that features all Maomao’s caring moments. : From preparing the food, teaching the maids how to clean properly the consort, to feeding her and staying by her side, and giving her the most comforting words when she was at her weakest when she felt probably humiliated and started losing confidence.​

So, if you ask what makes a great waifu/partner, I would say it is someone you are not afraid to grow old with her. It is a person you would not mind to cry in front of her. It is a person you can show her your weakest self and your vulnerabilities, without fearing to be looked down upon. Because you know she would always be gentle and caring and that she doesn’t care about appearances and status. She sees you as you are, whoever you are. It’s a person who would always offer you solace when you need it. Who is skilled enough with words to comfort you when you need it, but she will support you too and knows when it’s better to stay silent rather than lie to you. She won’t treat you as a child, but as a man ( or woman) and will always make you feel manly (or feminine) Maomao is that kind of girl, and she has proved it so many times, she has this gentleness in her gestures, and she has showed her compassionate side on many times with the consort but she did as much or maybe even more with Jinshi later, when he ended up injured and got his face burnt.​

Despite just being abducted, she is concerned by her father's ( foster father) situation more than hers.

She she deals with her with utmost care, feeds her and stayed at her side for 2 months, while the consort being in a terrible state.

Maomao preparing healthy meals for the consort

She realized the other maid were just adding scents in the room instead of cleaning the lady properly. and she taught them how to care properly of her.

Her comforting words when the consort started losing confidence and doubting her feminity

Consort Rifa

Thanks for reading. That part is important because it shows how her dedication and honesty made the emperor and the consorts trust her and rely on her, despite her lower status. There are some other points I want to talk about, like her relation with Jinshi and her other qualities like her smartness, her pedagogical skills, some other traits too, etc. But, I will do later hopefully. I hope you get a little more her personality, and hopefully, she will be growing on you! She really deserves much more love and recognition ! <3​

Thanks in advance for your support <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.