Favorites - Your 1st String | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Your 1st String

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Not much to say here, just list the twenty people you would put on the 1st String. Some elaboration on why you chose those people would be appreciated but isn't strictly necessary.

Two rules though, only choose from the players that are in the camp at the moment, and keep the singles and doubles numbers the same as we suspect them to be (although feel free to put No. 5 and 6 either seperate or as doubles), in other words...

No. 1
No. 2
No. 3
No. 4
[No. 5
No. 6]
or
[No. 5/No. 6]
No. 7/No. 8
No. 9/No. 10
No. 11
No. 12/No. 13
No. 14
No. 15/No. 16
No. 17
No. 18/No. 19
No. 20

To kick things off, here's mine:

No. 1 Ryoga
No. 2 Tokugawa
No. 3 Tanegashima
No. 4 Oni
No. 5 Byoudouin / No. 6 Duke
No. 7 Sanada / No. 8 Niou
No. 9 Shiraishi / No. 10 Kintarou
No. 11 Ryoma
No. 12 Chitose / No. 13 Fuji
No. 14 Yukimura
No. 15 Akutsu / No. 16 Kawamura
No. 17 Atobe
No. 18 Inui / No. 19 Yanagi
No. 20 Irie

Not much to say to the singles spots for the most part, they are more or less how I think these guys are ranked at the moment with the exception of Irie who gets to keep his troll spot as No. 20.

Doubles wise, I wouldn't mind seeing Byoudouin and Duke stay, simply because of their current positions and given the relation they've shown so far, a doubles pair could work quite nicely there.
Sanada/Niou is basically the replacement for Sanada/Tezuka which I probably don't have to elaborate on. Same goes for Chitose/Fuji, as Chitose is more or less Tezuka's Kansai counterpart. As I had to cut Kintarou's singles spot, I decided to put him into doubles, and Shiraishi is the only possible partner here; they should combine to one of the best LFT pairs though. Akutsu/Kawamura made the list because I could see them ending up as the actual No. 12/13 and have overall good qualities, they just got their positions adjusted.

I'm actually still unsure about the last pair I'd like to have. I listed Inui and Yanagi for now since I prefer Data Tennis over Synchro (read: GP was another possibility here). I might replace them with Ochi at some point when I can think of the right partner.

So yeah, if you could decide who to put on the 1st String, what would it look like?

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
No.1 Tokugawa
No.2 Tanegashima
No.3 Fuji
No.4 Ryoma
No.5/6 Akutsu/Oni
No.7/8 Sanada/Niou
No.9/10 Shiraishi/Kintarou
No.11 Yukimura
No.12/13 Gin/Kawamura
No.14 Atobe
No.15/16 Oishi/Kikumaru
No.17 Hiyoshi
No.18/19 Kaidoh/Momoshiro
No.20 Chitose

That would be my list. Except Inui/Yanagi, I would put Momoshiro/Kiadoh, Momo is No.19 and Kaidoh beats Kenya and gets the No.18 spot, and we get a good doubles pair. Irie gives his badge to Chitose and maybe aims for the top 10 and beats somebody after they come back again.

No.14 Atobe. Gin/Kawamura to place Gin in the No.13 spot due to Kabaji leaving the camp, and we got a power pair. Shiraishi/Kintarou because they know very well each other and would be deadly in doubles, Perfect tennis + Wild tennis. Sanada/Niou like Kaoz said, Niou turns into Tezuka or Yukimura and game over.

No.4 Ryoma, he beats Ryoga and aims for the top, I don't think Ryoma will be left out the top 5, so it's esential to put him there, the best MS in the team has to definitely get in the top. No.3 Fuji, he beats fodder Duke and shows his true strength, then he gets the No.3 spot. Tanegashima faces Yukimura and wins so Yukimura still stays in No.11 but later he will become top 5, and Tokugawa beats Byodouin and becomes No.1 for some time.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The Shiraishi and Kintaro idea sucks. Its unlikely to have Kintaro pair with anyone.

Akutsu/Oni is just as unlikely. A jackass like Akutsu playing doubles with someone other than Sengoku or Kawamura is unlikely.

Curious why Yukimura has actually been slid down to No.14 in Kaoz's list. And how he has ignored the law of Shounen plot power and put Ryoma way back in 11th.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe I didn't make this clear. This isn't necessarily about what you think will happen, but what you would like to have. It's mostly a matter of preference.

Ryoma and Yukimura are that low on my list because I didn't feel like giving Oni a spot in the 11-20.

Fuji Shusuke

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
LOL everyone wants Fuji to be top!

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Of course, I want Fuji, Echizen and Sanada to be on top.

Kintarou could stay in No.14 spot, so

No.10/9 Atobe, Niou

No.14 Kintarou

I don't feel putting Kintarou on doubles lol.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No.1 Echizen
No.2 Sanada
No.3 Shuuji
No.4 Irie
No.5/6 Renji/Inui
No.7/8 Akutsu/Kirihara
No.9/10 Tachibana/Chitose
No.11 Oni
No.12/13 Yagyuu/Niou
No.14 Yukimura
No.15/16 Oishi/Kikumaru
No.17 Atobe
No.18/19 Gin/Kawamura
No.20 Shiraishi
No.958 Fuji

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
No.1 Echizen
No.2 Sanada
No.3 Shuuji
No.4 Irie
No.5/6 Renji/Inui
No.7/8 Akutsu/Kirihara
No.9/10 Tachibana/Chitose
No.11 Oni
No.12/13 Yagyuu/Niou
No.14 Yukimura
No.15/16 Oishi/Kikumaru
No.17 Atobe
No.18/19 Gin/Kawamura
No.20 Shiraishi
No.958 Fuji
Fuji came 1st on NPOT popularity poll, so it's naturally he'll recive a huge power up and defeat a top 10 first stringer. He'll finally get screentime.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
No.1 Tokugawa
No.2 Byodouin
No.3 Ryoma
No.4 Ryoga
No.5 Fuji
No.6 Shuuji
No.7 Sanada
No.8 Yukimura
No.9 Duke
No.10 Oni
No.11 Atobe
No.12 Shiraishi
No.13 Niou
No.14 Kintarou
No.15 Oomagari
No.16 Kimijima
No.17 Tohno
No.18 Ochi
No.19 Mouri
No.20 Irie

And yes, all genius 10 so far is in my 1st stringer list. They are showing quite an impressive ability right now. It doesn't make sense to me that they won't at least make top 20.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji came 1st on NPOT popularity poll, so it's naturally he'll recive a huge power up and defeat a top 10 first stringer. He'll finally get screentime.
Fuji is lame. Do not want.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Fuji lame? With the potential he has and his counters? Man, first time I hear this lol

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji has the most BS writing. Fuji is the result of laziness. Oh yeah, stereotypical prodigy that pulls evolution out their ass whenever they're losing. So original. That's supposed to be a trademark of Fuji's character, and yet it applies to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE SERIES. There is nothing original about Fuji, and therefore nothing to be desired.

Brandnewkid

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fuji has the most BS writing. Fuji is the result of laziness. Oh yeah, stereotypical prodigy that pulls evolution out their ass whenever they're losing. So original. That's supposed to be a trademark of Fuji's character, and yet it applies to EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE SERIES. There is nothing original about Fuji, and therefore nothing to be desired.
I agree with everything said here. Fuji's supposed to be a genius, yet . . . nearly every player in the series is a genius. Even the chapters themselves are Geniuses.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Every player can be a genius in general. However the title of genius is only given to those who stand out from the rest. Fuji has the actual title of "Genius" while other players are just: a genius player.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Fuji is lame. Do not want.
I love Fuji coz he plays with his eyes closed. Besides that I agree. He is the result of laziness. I noticed your the only guy to have Tokugawa-less list. And im pleased as I dont like Tokugawa. How come he aint on your list?

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Fuji lame? With the potential he has and his counters? Man, first time I hear this lol
His moves are great, but up til now, all his moves can be contained by players who only need to be Shiraishi level and there are quite a few HSers who I feel would kick Fuji's ass and considering he is meant to be a genius and is the most popular character but yet done nothing, I wouldnt be surprised if Konomi fodderized him.
Coz Konomi knows that the fans will still love Fuji fodderized or not. Coz look at this, he is the most popular character and all he has done is get his ass kicked.
The poll was from the start to when the No.s 11-20 get introduced. Fuji did nothing and was still popular.

Almost telling Konomi ''Forget about this guy, they'll always love him'' as oppose to ''Come on Konomi, he needs improvement coz the fans love him'' Coz Konomi takes polls extremely different from the rest of Jump authors lol.

Fuji Shusuke

Reaction score
Country
Australia
DON'T GIVE KONOMI ANY IDEAS!!!!!

Anyway Fuji will not be fodderised (hopefully). He played that match against Tezuka and he said that he would go higher. Implying that we will get to see some screentime and improvement from him.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
DON'T GIVE KONOMI ANY IDEAS!!!!!

Anyway Fuji will not be fodderised (hopefully). He played that match against Tezuka and he said that he would go higher. Implying that we will get to see some screentime and improvement from him.
I doubt Konomi would make Fuji fodder. He's one of the best players in the series, I doubt he'll do that.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I doubt Konomi would make Fuji fodder. He's one of the best players in the series, I doubt he'll do that.
Yukimura was THE best players in the series. All Konomi did was alter the yips.
Shiraishi was also amongst that group. All Konomi did was remove a weight which isnt even improvement. Konomi hasnt actually shown what Shiraishi has gained from this camp.

Konomi fodderized old 3rd Cort, old 2nd Court, old 1st Court and No.s 11-20 in a blink.
Sanada is not that popular but appears all the time.

We must doubt nothing in terms of Konomi's fodderizing.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Sadly, Fuji has more screentime in anime than in the manga.