Discussion - Your Favorite Manhwa & Manhua | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Your Favorite Manhwa & Manhua

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Your Favorite Manhwa

I know Trace is also supposed to be but I have not read it yet
I just started "Trace" yesterday. It seemed kinda slow at first but as I'm progressing I'm really starting to like it a lot.. Very much an X-Men kind of story.

It's pretty long so it might be little while before I'm all caught up but thanks for mentioning it.:verily

Sema

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

my favourites in no order:
1. Tower of God
2. Noblesse
3. Breaker New Waves
4. Legend of Tyr
5. Gwisin Byeolgok
6. Legend of Maian

Cyrs

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
North Pole

My #1 favorite would definitely be Noblesse. In fact, it very well might be my favorite series of anything right now. :)

I also always look forward to each chapter of Magician! It might take a little while for people to get into it, but if you read it up to the current chapters, you will NOT, I repeat, NOT be disappointed. (If you are, you aren't human! :verily)

There are some others that I've recently read through and keep up on (Soul Cartel, Crepuscle, TAL, etc).
And some of the more popular ones I've read a few chapters, but just couldn't get into them (Tower Of God, The Breaker: New Waves, etc).

---

Noblesse is definitely the top for me. I never expected I'd like it at all. It has some truly excellent, original, non-cliche characters, engaging plots, and well-placed humor. Just the humor alone makes me appreciate it so much. It's not the goofy 5-year-old type humor that Naruto has. It's more low-key, and put in when you don't expect it. Simple little jokes at times, but done so, so well. It's not supposed to be that funny, but the occasional humor thrown in never fails to make me laugh while reading it. Whereas, I very rarely laugh at the attempts at humor from Bleach or Naruto, for example.

apellon

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Re: What's your favorite Manhua?

i ve been reading manhwa for more than 10 years ... so some of them i already forgot the names ....
but at the moment , i would say that this is my ranking :
1- Tower of God
2- Breaker
3- noblesse
4- Feng Shen Ji ( a name that i never remember ... )

i liked ares , angio onshi and all ... but i have to say that those stand out ...

= Noblesse takes a long time at least 20chapters to start becoming interessting, but its a great flick... it is even more interesting when the vampire leaders start to enter the serie.... Yet the plot is a little too simple , and their is barely any character dev. this with the fact that people are stronger but their is no real reason or explanation or logic in it , it s only power.

= Feng : has lot of potential , it starts very differently that expected and its going in a very different direction that expected also , this manhwa is getting deeper and deeper with more and more possibilities, but its too soon to say if its gonna deliver .... anyhow for now , its an amazing manhwa.

= Breaker , is legit ... what can we say more? great stuff , i mean probably everyone reads it already... its one of those story that takes easily 20 chapter to start but the breaker , its undeniable , is one of the top readings right now. The charchter dev and the plot is very interesting and turns all over the place... and its really epic lot of action good stuff.

=Tower of God : now my little fav ... why ? cause it reminds me of the good time of HunterXhunter , but it could become even better.. lot of potential.. its like gon and kirua have been born again in a world that holds even more opportunities for them.... (also HxH was amazing but became only ok during Greedisland... and after greed ... dat insects monsters things really killed HxH.. that arch was so lame ... i guess that why now its in a huge hiatus .. nevertheless Hxh is amazing )
HxH aside ! why is it so great ? well easy , the art is great, its a whole new world ! its different ! the tower all the levels , all this families , all this things really make TOG unique , it has its own systeme and gods , yet everything is a test ! everything is "shounen" oriented ! will they be able to climb the tower ?

what is more fascinating to me (and thats why i love Hxh or TOG ..) is that its not only fights with a guy wich is more powerful , brainless plot with only someone getting stronger and stronger you dont really fully understand why.... yes it has this , ofcourse their is powerful people... but a big thing is that everything has an explanation !
when they fight or pass their tests ( cause they have challenge and tournaments everyother time) , well its intelligent ! their is a reason! .. Fisherman / spearbearer / lighthouse / wavecontroller , everyone has a different role and become better not only by increasing their power but also using their power the smart way.

all that aside , i m also very suprised by the plot dev. of the story , wich is really nice, and less cliche than most mangas or manhua ... expect to be suprised !! now for those like me reading TOG , you would agree : What the "F.U.G" is happening to baam ? :)

alright peace hope some people will have enough conviction to start reading those 4 titles ;)
thank me later.

ps: and yes @Nast.J is right , i got confused with manhua and manhwa .... and would say that Feng shen is then also the most interesting one to me ... and i dont feel like erasing all the other things i wrote :) ( it took some time :P .. out of topic but, oh well... )

Last edited:

Nast.J

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan

@apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..

As for me, my favorite is Feng Shen Ji, I don't read many manhuas but this one left me the biggest impression. The characters are interesting, the story is fascinating and advancing slowly but surely. The universe that has been created is so huge : the gods with their city's , the humans and the old gods ; the plot is pretty unpredictable .And last but not least, the art which happens to be amazing.

What more could you ask?

Last edited:

apellon

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

@apellon: I think you've confused manwhas with manhuas. Tower of god, Noblesse, The Breakers are manwhas (korean webcomics) but manhuas are chinese webcomics like Feng Shen Ji (that you mentionned), City of Darkness etc..
yea thanks ... i always get them mixed up

Themistocles

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Vagrant Soldier Ares for me. But Noblesse, the Breaker (and New Wave), Veritas, and the City of Dead Sorcerer are close behind

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia

Vagrant Soldier Ares for me. But Noblesse, the Breaker (and New Wave), Veritas, and the City of Dead Sorcerer are close behind
Have you tried TOG? (that's my favourite, probably)

apellon

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Tower of god is a masterpiece, by far the best manhwa in fact its a crowning achievement in the Comics genre in general...
then :
the breaker , is one of the most solid manhwa ... ( takes a little longer time to start than most titles though ... right now its a little confusing were the title is going but it s still interesting and i m thinking it s probably a little less dev. just because its summer )

after those 2 :

you have other titles that are pretty cool like :
- magician ( little slow pace, but its an amazing adventure , close from a fantasy book LOTR style mixed with badass and asian influence :

- god of highschool ( a little simple and straightfoward but pretty cool un fun to read) :

or

- noblesse ( it becomes more interesting once vampires get involved , but it s a little repetitive in term of story dynamic , it feels like it s waves after waves of new people coming to crash on the noble rock... but it s still really cool ;) , not my fav fav but i always like to read it , and enjoyed reading it.,, doubt anyone would be disappointed. )

- ID fusion is pretty cool also

- legend of tyr is a nice read , its pretty quick , nice little story of about 70 chapters... with lot of action , reminds me a little of fairytail but with a little more coherent, yet small plot

after that you have interesting reads like :

Ares ( very good but very repetitive ) / shin angyo ( its a classic , and a father of manhwa genre , but the story get messy a little .. and i dont really like "monsters" driven stories ... ) priest ( got to like the style..very serious ) ...
Trace is ok , im not sure how i feel about it.

i might forget some at the moment ...

but in my opinion stay away from : veritas .... its very generic and its like the breaker but less interesting (u better of with GOH if u want more fight or go to some other genre like manga or manhua ---> feng shen )
also , king of hell is pretty boring , it seems the story never lift off ...

Last edited:

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Noblesse Forever! Totally biased opinion, but it's my fav. comic despite its flaws! <3

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Top spot is still a tie between Tower of God and Noblesse, no matter how they're going now. :XD

I realize those are more the 'shounen' manhwa. As for 'shoujo' manhwa, I actually like Orange Marmalade. Guess I have a soft side for story like that, much like with Twilight, but I think it's been quite a fun journey with the characters and the plot so far. I hope it won't end in strange way, especially like Twilight. ^^;

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

TOG takes the top place srsly
after that i think i ll say Breaker NW and Magician... thats my new present

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

I stopped reading the breaker. I have no idea where the story wants to go and after several year where the hero didn't progress because of his broken ki center, he becomes almost invulnerable. And since it is not funny to compensate I lost interest.
Unfortunately HA Il-Kwon series which is my favourite manhwaka are not update and Trace is in hiatus so I don't read much manhwa recently. Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.

Last edited:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.
I should say Orange Marmalade is getting interesting. Finally a dynamic twist. As long as it's not dragged on unnecessarily, it will be okay. So go ahead. :)

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

I stopped reading the breaker. I have no idea where the story wants to go and after several year where the hero didn't progress because of his broken ki center, he becomes almost invulnerable. And since it is not funny to compensate I lost interest.
Unfortunately HA Il-Kwon series which is my favourite manhwaka are not update and Trace is in hiatus so I don't read much manhwa recently. Maybe I should restart orange marmalade.
yeah i also miss trace; i hope you're on the ToG train.
my problem is i think i already read all the good manhwa

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Tower of God has went downhill from season two. The arcs are needlessly dragged on too much, the characters are getti.g annoying, and there are hardly any twists and mind games which would make ToG worth a read any further. Thankfully author do add some good stuffs in 10-15 chapters which is the sole reason I am able to continue it...

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Tower of God has went downhill from season two. The arcs are needlessly dragged on too much, the characters are getti.g annoying, and there are hardly any twists and mind games which would make ToG worth a read any further. Thankfully author do add some good stuffs in 10-15 chapters which is the sole reason I am able to continue it...
its quite the opposite for me, it became my fav manhwa because of the season 2. i didnt like the season 1 that much. it was all about rachel this, rachel that before. now its way more complicated.

KungPaoChicken

Reaction score
Country
The Wall

King Of Hell, hands down.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Do Lao Fu Zi count? :zomg
Been reading that since I was 5 along with Dragon Ball wahahaha...