Question - Your Quirk | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Your Quirk

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
If you were a character in Boku no Hero Academia, what quirk would you like to have and why? What would you do with your quirk? It could be an existing one or something more creative that you thought up.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Name : Nightmare Rule
Power : Everytime you sleep you only have nightmares. The nightmares try to be worse than the previous one, because only the 10 strongest nightmares you have/ever had you can make real in a small area. If you have a nightmare about your family burning alive you can create a field of fire, if you dream about beeing chased by a monster that monster will become real, if you dream about your fear of darkness the darkness will overshadow everything in that small area. The nightmares don't follow any laws, they could be about anything, but the nightmares which you made real can't harm you and have to follow all of your orders in reality. But if you overuse them or use them in a disrespectful way (beeing disrespectful against a monster of a nightmare) they will pay you back much stronger in the next nightmare.

I think because so far every Quirk we saw had some kind of backlash a Quirk which will give you the power to manipulate reality but will also turn all your dreams into nightmares and torture you for the rest of your life is a good/heavy price. Also this would be the perfect Quirk for a villain, a nightmare is never something positive so to summon monsters/fire/darkness/zombies or whatever you fear in a nightmare to follow all your orders would make you a Jack-of-all-trades like villain and something not only one hero could defeat.

Mighty Action X

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
"Lock On"

I am a Marksman type of Superhero. My power is that I can form a territorial field around me where as long as my target is inside of it I will never miss regardless of where they hide.

Last edited:

overlordpringerx

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Copycat
I would copy the quirks of those around me, within a 30ft radius. I could copy 3 quirks at a time in order to create the perfect quirk combo. However my copy is less efficient than the original and depending on the quirk they would wear me out more or less than the original user. Also, quirks that are just additional bodyparts would be impossible to copy.

Franckie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Doppelganger. Nothing like being in 2+ places at once. While I, the original, kick back and relax, my copies are dealing with all the annoying aspects of life that I don't want to deal with (e.g. work).

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Name: Attraction

Power: This quirk allows the wielder to link themselves to a single target and limits it's distance to a certain range around the wielder. If the target passes the range of effect, they will be forcefully pulled back within range as if they were a magnet. The wielder can be pulled as well, but only if they are allowed to touch the target for a certain amount of time, allowing the target to become the source.

Flaws: Attraction can only affect one person or item at a time. The target will still be capable of movement, so counter attack is possible. If the target manages to get a certain distance away while they are linked to the wielder, then the speed of the pull back can cause the two to collide, greatly harming both parties. If the wielder loses focus of the target's location, Attraction will be deactivated.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A few other Quirks i thought about. I want them to be overpowered but at the same time be disadvantageous for you or your beliefs.

1. A Thieves Law
You can steal the Quirks of other people, but only if you don't break the following rules:
- If the person you steal from doesn't want to lose their Quirks you can't take them from them
- If the person allows you to take away their Quirk this person has one week to change that decision and the Quirk returns immediately
- If you steal the Quirk from a dead person you can only do it if you are in no way connected to that persons death. If you kill them, make someone kill them or even tell them it would be better if they died you can't steal their Quirk. You can only steal the Quirks of dead people if they died by something you are not responsible for like old age, a natural disease, a natural disaster and so on

2. Natural Enforcement
You have control over every power that exists in the nature like wind, thunder, water, earth etc., but you have to use that power to help people. You can't use it in any evil way, if you try to use it for evil things your Quirk won't work. It is forcing you to become a hero so that you can use it and the more good things you do the stronger your Quirk becomes. Your Quirk took your decision away what you want to do with that power and forces you to become a hero, it won't even allow you to take revenge against someone and you can't change anything about it, you are forced to be good for the rest of your life if you want to use that power.

3. Anima Eater
You can eat the souls of other humans and so get stronger. If you eat 1 soul your power gets x2 times stronger for 24 hours, if you eat 2 it gets x4 times stronger, if you eat 3 it gets x8 times stronger and so on. If you eat a soul that person dies immediately. All the souls you eat will be connected with you and you will forever be able to see their lifes until the point you killed them. You can become one of the strongest creatures that exist but therefore you have to kill countless humans. That is a Quirk fit for a villain but can also be the Quirk of someone who doesn't want to be a villain and has to live with such a Quirk.

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Maybe the quirk of brainreading

Zenobia

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Historia
With a touch, you could find out everything about the past of a person till the current moment.
Good in get to know the person's fighting style and get an insight in their previous startegies.The person would find out, that you know everything about them.
Problems: You have to touch the person, so it would be hatd in a messy battle with villians, so really good experience and skill is needed in hand-to-hand combat. It happens automatically when you touch a person, so it could be annoying.

Shooting Star
Ability to hit everything , even without really targeting. Every target you imagine , for example a tree in the wood, will be hit .Good in longe-ranged fights. Problem : Everthing you target will be hit. Even if you targeting an apple, if you want it to it a train, it will hit the train . So your mind and thoughts have to be clear and precise.

Bulletproof
Everything that hits you , will go through your body like nothing. Good if somebody wants to shoot you (reversal of 'Shooting Star').

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Power Source! It would allow me to absorb the kinetic energy that touches my body and store it in an ethereal reservoir deep inside of me to power up my attacks. This would include boosting the destructive capabilities of my punches by releasing that kinetic energy at the point of contact (think Sakura from Naruto).

Or boosting my running speed and allowing me to leap tall buildings in a single bound by releasing that kinetic energy from the bottoms of my feet as a propelling force.

Or allow me to tank super powerful attacks by releasing an explosion of kinetic energy everywhere from my body as a radial shield, or just at the points where my opponents hit me.

Downsides: Well... I'm constantly absorbing kinetic force. Every time I blink my eyes, walk around, shake hands with someone... it's all stored inside me, and it needs to be periodically released so that I don't explode and take out the entire city. That, and there is a such thing as too much force for me to absorb. Also gives no defense against attacks that don't have to strike me to harm me, like illusions or mind control.

What? Stole this power from Sebastian Shaw? So? Most of these powers in the series come from other stuff too, lol. They just anime'd it up.

This is my superhero quirk though. If I were a villain, well...

Flicker. Plain old short range teleportation. The side effect being... that it's short range teleportation. The furthest I can go is 10 meters from the previous location I started at. I don't however need to see where I'm going due to a weird kind of echolocation effect when I disappear giving me full knowledge of all objects within my teleportation range when I attempt it. Also allows me to survive inside the alternate dimension I pass through whenever teleporting from one place to another.

Kamui

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Intangibility
Even the strongest heroes would have a hard time taking me down if they couldn't actually touch me, although a quirk like that would be virtually useless against users who's quirks don't rely so much on their physical attributes or weapons, someone like Present Mic for example. So I suppose that would be the "catch" so to say. And I'd also be able to direct the quirk to certain body parts, and make other people intangible as well, just by touching them.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Boundary Manipulator: Can Open gaps between the different boundaries, like "here" and "there" or "love" and "hate". Some gaps would be useful, many would be useless.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Half-thunder-half-air (emitter class quirk): The user´s body is capable of producing on the left side air swirls and pressurize wind more, depending on the distance of the pressurized air is from the user´s body (the more close the more pressurized it gets), Works best on open áreas and the user can take advantage of nearby air swirls to his advantage (takes more time to pressurize air than using air swirls and after usage of this side of the quirk, the left side of the body begins to lose oxygen from it´s cells (faster when pressurized air is used more than air swirls)).

The other right half emits electricity, which can be used to coat the user´s surrondings or clothes with electricity, useful to prevent direct contact against contact/touch based quirks, (the clothes should be preferencially added up with rubber on the insides and conductive material on the outsider to prevent colateral to the user´s left side), can take electricity from conduit materials and steal one´s internal energy completely from their bodies, allowing a increase in power of the quirk. also capable of absorbing electricity from nearby electrical systems, power plants, environment, other electrical quirk based powers, etc..., It´s also possible for the user of the quirk to acquire knowledge and the memories of those he has stealed neuron energy from (completely or partially), user can also shot lightning bolts from his fingertips, learn other lightning or neuron based quirks working around electricity and learn from those with other electric quirk based power, by sucking all their neuron electricity, also can learn more ways to use his electricity quirk and develop it further the more neuron energy he has stored, in ways such as use of memory manipulation on his targets (via experience enabled by the neuron electricity), capacity to bestow neuron electricity or straight up electricity into other electric quirk users thus boosting them powers, or bestow his quirk´s right side only (if charged by neuron electricity) to a first born quirkless infant (if the quirk is given to anyother quirkless while charged the person dies of heart attack), giving the quirk´s right side results in it´s own user losing all of his neuron electricity in the process thus killing him on the spot and passing all of his electricity to the target, who then can adapt to the passed on power by his future growth.

SE(s), the more lives neuron energy that are sucked for the user the more harder it becomes to handle the quirk (similar system to OFA), there´s a cap to how much electricity the user can store in his body, so it´s recommended quirk strengthing training to increase the capacity handled, after using the quirk to store or unleash lightning, or neuron based electricity, the user becomes sleepy and will have to go to sleep for 10-12 hours before being able to use the right side of his quirk again, if lots of neuron electricity and taken into the user at a short while (equivalent to 5 people or more), in a single day the user will suffer headaches and have a 50% chance of going into a Coma for a undetermined amount of time.

Last edited:

Hll

Reaction score
Country
India
Has anyone seen MIB-3?
I would love to have the quirk similar to Griffin, an alien who was capable of seeing different alternate realities, it would be great for logical and tactical support, if I can distinguish, what is going to and not going to happen.

Though, I probably would not end up in the Hero Class for such a quirk :p

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
"Will"

A quirk which enables one to "convert", for the lack of a better word, his or her own will into bone-crushing strength, high stamina and great durability - the more determined one is to fight, the more power is drawn from the user, and the more unparalleled in power one becomes.
The weakness of the quirk is that once one's determination to fight is trampled, the quirk loses its power and the user becomes basically quirkless, until he or she regains the willpower to fight.
Willpower is, of course, not lost during the "conversion"; it acts as a permanent fuel unless it is completely shattered.

As for the design, probably something along the lines of transparent flames and steam being released from the user's body.

P.S. Another variant would be converting one's will into intellectual power, as in being able to quickly solve mysteries and come up with nearly impeccable strategies. That would make a great supportive-in-battle character, and I'd call it "Willy Wonka."

Last edited:

NatureRge

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belarus
Quirk: Super Animal Attraction :derp
Allocate sexual pheromones by my will to conquer all women regardless of their age and free will. Other men completely lose their sex drive permanently :3c

Last edited by a moderator:

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
soul eater: everytime I kill someone or someone who I had touched died I gain their knowledge , skills, memories, and quirks there is no limit on this. perfect for a villain

DekuFan

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Muscles Steeling: my quirk would have make my body grow muscular and my muscles hard but the downside is if i over hard i end up as a massive guy inmobile .

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanna be a villain now.

Name: Plastic Beach

Power: This quirk allows the wielder to produce an organic, plastic like substance. It is initially produced in a liquid form, though it does harden with time. The user can mold the plastic while it's in liquid form, though it takes a decent amount of concentration and time to keep the form until it hardens. The plastic, when produced and in liquid form, is also toxic, capable of disorienting whomever ingest it, inhales it, or if it's directly injected into the blood stream, somewhat similar to CO2 poisoning.

Weakness: It takes about 30 seconds for the plastic to harden, and the toxicity of the plastic goes down with each and every second until it's hard, where it's at it's weakest. The biggest weakness however, is that the plastic is fueled respiration. Long story short, the more the person uses the Quirk, the more dizzy they get. Produce a lot and the user will become too light headed to fight, or just go unconscious.

Bonus: The user wears a gas mask that protects them from their own fumes. The mask is connected to a their own personal oxygen tank, which provides them with ample fuel for their quirk in any circumstance.

Ayperos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Empathetic Mimicry: This quirk allows the user to reproduce the quirks of others within proximity of the user.
or
Intuitive Aptitude: A quirk that allows the user to instantly learn and understand the complexity and exactness of organisms, objects, etc. without the need of long-term or special education.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Berserk: The angrier the user gets, the more their body fills with adrenaline and causes their physical abilities to increase.

Advantages:
The angrier the user, the higher his pain tolerance will be as well.

Disadvantages: The user, since he/she's pain tolerance has increased substantially, he/she will strain his muscles if he uses too much of his/her strength and can get him/herself hurt. Since he/she won't be able to feel it, life threatening wounds might not be noticeable. Also, he/she may have issues controlling their body while using the quirk and attack a friend if they get in the way by mistake.