Match - Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Yukimura vs Atobe, Who will win?

Yukimura Vs Atobe?

• Yukimura

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • Atobe

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

jimtors

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This is an epic match between good all around type of players, but who do you think will win? And if you think so, can you state your reasons? Thank you.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This is an epic match between good all around type of players, but who do you think will win? And if you think so, can you state your reasons? Thank you.
Yukimura crushes Atobe 6-0.

Yukimura has more technique, speed, mental, and probably strength than him. Yukimura can see through every shot, also he has yips. Atobe has a strong mental, but that isn't enough to break out of yips. Also, Atobe has to score points against Yukimura to avoid the yips, he has Atobe Kingdom but maybe he can score 1 or 2 points, Yukimura can hit hard shots to prevent Atobe from hitting it or steal his vision and then he can't use his insight. Furthermore, Yukimura's new technique could fuck Atobe up, he could make him believe he's winning like Fuwa but he's being defeated. Koori No Sekai is useless, Yuki doesn't have any blind spot, and all of Atobe special moves will be returned.

Overall, Atobe won't stand a chance against Yukimura. If he's having problem against Ochi Tsukimitsu and Muuri Juzaburou, who are No.9 and 10 respectively, then he doesn't have any hope of defeating Yukimura, because Yukimura would defeat those two without problems. Yukimura would breeze through No.10 to 6, No.5 to 1 are another story, but Atobe isn't going to defeat, even take a game, against Yukimura. He's too far from reaching that level of skill.

Last edited:

jimtors

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Are you saying that even if Atobe activates his Atobe Kingdom where he can see the points where your body is unable to reach or react to? I don't think Yukimura can Dislocate his joints to reach those weak spots a human Physiology has.... But i do respect your comment since It's really rational, what you are saying...

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Of course nobody can do that, but Yukimura's yips are the reason. Atobe scores one point, then a long rally and Yukimura steals his vision, then feeling and hearing, then game over for Atobe, or makes him elieve he's winning when he's being beaten.

I don't see Atobe even giving a hard time to Yukimura, he isn't any better than he is. Just because he does't have enough skill to even the match.

But if we talk about Irie, then that's different, because Irie walks over Atobe just like Yukimura.

Last edited:

Tsukihime no uta

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yukimura should have this handeled. Even with all the power ups Atobe has been given, Yuki is just too solid of a player.

Going strictly based off of matches. Ryoma beat atobe in the hyotei match, then Ryoma played it even with kintaro (although I think kintaro could have won that point if he made it an even longer drawn out match because I think he has more stamina then ryoma at that point anyways), Yukimura then owned kintar without removing his jacket. Both Yukimura and Atobe have been training just about the same amount at the U-17 camp, so they should have added approximatel the same amount of skill (an assumption), so since Yukimura showed to be the much better player before, my vote it for Yuki.

Another reason I think Yuki is better is because imo, Sanada > Atobe and Yukimura has probably beat Sanada every single time up until now (starting back from when the first met I am assuming). It is true that things are different one people are matched up face to face, but I think Yukimura has alot of overall dominance.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
[2012-05-15 16:25:49] Kaoz I actually think Atobe might beat Yukimura atm.. it depends on how much Yukimura can push Atobe around
[2012-05-15 16:29:11] FrostyMouse Theoretically, AK should work against Yuki.
[2012-05-15 16:29:45] Kaoz yes, that's why the question is whether Yukimura can force Atobe to focus his Insight on something else
[2012-05-15 16:30:37] FrostyMouse Considering that we'll never see Yuki blasting people off the court again like in the beginning of Echizen vs Yuki, as long as Atobe can rally, then Yuki can't.
[2012-05-15 16:30:51] Kaoz pretty much
[2012-05-15 16:31:14] FrostyMouse We don't know if Atobe's rallying skills are that high of a level, but he must've improved when he sort of lasted against Irie and he was surviving 1 v 2 against Ochi/Mouri.
[2012-05-15 16:31:18] Kaoz basically it depends on how their bases match against each other
[2012-05-15 16:31:53] FrostyMouse Yeah.
[2012-05-15 16:32:13] Kaoz well, I doubt that he could use AK if he had to run around like in the 1 vs 2
[2012-05-15 16:32:15] FrostyMouse Now, if Yuki ever gets an actual shot, it'll definitely swing more into his favor.
[2012-05-15 16:32:43] Kaoz yeah
[2012-05-15 16:32:47] FrostyMouse Perhaps not, but he was still surviving.
[2012-05-15 16:33:00] Kaoz well, surviving isn't enough against Yukimura
[2012-05-15 16:33:39] Kaoz if you only survive you get yipped
[2012-05-15 16:34:34] FrostyMouse Well, Sanada and Fuwa were technically forcing the play against Yuki, but they weren't strong enough to overcome him. In reality though, it was Yuki who was surviving, even though it came to the same conclusion.
[2012-05-15 16:36:31] Kaoz we don't really know how well Yukimura would do offensively.. we know that he has good stats all around, but no clue how far above Atobe's they are
[2012-05-15 16:37:45] FrostyMouse Well, see, I think Yuki got a downgrade in SPoT.
[2012-05-15 16:37:58] FrostyMouse He needed to look awesome as he was the final boss of PoT, but we'll never see him blasting people off the court again.
[2012-05-15 16:38:12] Kaoz no, but he doesn't necessarily need to do that
[2012-05-15 16:38:30] FrostyMouse That was significantly good offense.
[2012-05-15 16:38:45] FrostyMouse Since then, we haven't seen that type of power or anything, only defense.
[2012-05-15 16:38:51] Kaoz I'd say it was more Echizen still being relatively weak at the beginning of the match
[2012-05-15 16:39:17] FrostyMouse I don't know.
[2012-05-15 16:39:59] FrostyMouse If Echizen could probably find a way to stop Rai or whatever, if you think he could, I don't think he could've been that weak...
[2012-05-15 16:40:33] Kaoz I'm not sure whether Sanada used the actual shot against him, seeing as Echizen only copied the first part
[2012-05-15 16:40:43] FrostyMouse Yeah, I know.
[2012-05-15 16:41:16] Kaoz Sanada still wanted Rikkai to win, and maybe he wasn't sure whether Yukimura could handle the stroke
[2012-05-15 16:41:43] FrostyMouse To be honest, I'm not sure that he cared about Rikkai winning as much at that point.
[2012-05-15 16:42:05] Kaoz because he defeated Tezuka already?
[2012-05-15 16:42:09] FrostyMouse He got his win over, and finally established a friendship with, Tezuka, so that might've been enough.
[2012-05-15 16:42:14] Kaoz maybe
[2012-05-15 16:50:32] Kaoz that being said, for the time being and until Yukimura shows something more impressive, I'd lean towards Atobe winning in a direct match
So yeah, Atobe unless his stats are significantly weaker than Yukimura's.

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
So yeah, Atobe unless his stats are significantly weaker than Yukimura's.
Is this a joke? ATOBE?

Seriously, I'll accept Atobe has improved, but remember Yukimura ALSO improved, it's all about Yukimura returns all of Atobe's shots, then makes him blind before he activates AK or when he activates it and then game over.

There's no way Atobe would defeat Yukimura . If he doesn't stand a chance against Sanada, Echizen, and probably Akutsu, there's no way Atobe's going to win this. Yukimura's yips are too much for him, Atobe will never be stronger than Yukimura. Yukimura's base tennis and shots are better than Atobe's, he could hit winners against him and make him run around the court, that way, AK will never work. Plus, he forces him into a long rally and yips him, and then Atobe is lost. Also, Atobe's only weapon to actually score some points is AK, but he only can use it for a short period of time, and Yukimura forcing him to run around the court makes AK useless, then he doesn't have anything to face him. Also, Yukimura walks over Atobe stats-wise.

6-0 all the way for Yukimura. I want to hear somebody saying that Atobe is capable of beating him, when there's no proof and Yukimura has more than enough points in his favor to crush Atobe.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Is this a joke? ATOBE?

Seriously, I'll accept Atobe has improved, but remember Yukimura ALSO improved, it's all about Yukimura returns all of Atobe's shot, then makes him blind before he activates AK or when he activates it and then game over.

There's no way Atobe would defeat Yukimura atm. If he doesn't stand a chance against Sanada, Echizen, and probably Akutsu, there's no way Atobe's going to win this.

And yes, his stats are weaker than Yukimura, bet that. Atobe can't return a special technique once he sees it, Yukimura can. Yukimura's yips are too much for him, Atobe will never be stronger than Yukimura. Yukimura's base tennis and shots are better than Atobe's, he could hit winners against him and make him run around the court, that way, AK will never work. Plus, he forces him into a long rally and yips him, and then Atobe is lost.

6-0 all the way for Yukimura. I want to hear somebody saying that Atobe is capable of beating him, when there's no proof and Yukimura has more than enough points in his favor to crush Atobe.
It could be a match up specific thing.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Is this a joke? ATOBE?
No, I'm completly serious given the conditions I outlined.

Seriously, I'll accept Atobe has improved, but remember Yukimura ALSO improved, it's all about Yukimura returns all of Atobe's shot, then makes him blind before he activates AK or when he activates it and then game over.
You see, that's kind of where the problem is. How is he supposed to return shots aimed at his absolute blind spots? It takes a while for Yips to set in.

And yes, his stats are weaker than Yukimura, bet that. Atobe can't return a special technique once he sees it, Yukimura
How much weaker is the question. If he doesn't get pushed around like against Irie, there's nothing Yukimura has. And who cares whether he can see through special techniques, Yukimura doesn't have any (and I'd like to see Yukimura hiding his absolute blind spots).

There's no way Atobe would defeat Yukimura atm. If he doesn't stand a chance against Sanada, Echizen, and probably Akutsu, there's no way Atobe's going to win this.can.
Sanada has Rai, Echizen has Hyakuren, Akutsu has changing corner shot. Yukimura has nothing for offense.

Yukimura's yips are too much for him, Atobe will never be stronger than Yukimura.
I never said he was stronger overall, just that he would have an advantage in this specific match-up. Yukimura still does better against basically everyone else imo.

Yukimura's base tennis and shots are better than Atobe's, he could hit winners against him and make him run around the court, that way, AK will never work.
Yukimura could hit winners against Atobe? Where are you getting that from if I may ask?

Plus, he forces him into a long rally and yips him, and then Atobe is lost.
If they have an actual rally, as long as Atobe doesn't get completly dominated (in which case Yukimura could hit winners and see above), he can use AK and score, making Yips useless.

Also, Atobe's only weapon to actually score some points is AK, but he only can use it for a short period of time, plus Yukimura forcing him to run around the court, then he doesn't have anything to face him.
Actually, there's nothing to suggest that Atobe has a limit in using AK.

Guess what, there's no proof of the opposite either. Atobe has AK in his favour, Yukimura has probably higher stats. The question is what wins out in the end.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
@ Kaoz, Yukimura "ability" is to find ways to break people's techniques apart. Like hitting Rai back, for example. Other examples can be seen in PoT.

This match really depends on whether or not Yukimura can break Atobe Kingdom and World of Ice. However, as far as we seen, Atobe Kingdom seemed to have same weakness as World of Ice. Tezuka/Samurai Zone may be able to negate this technique. It could have been the way that Yukimura will use to return Atobe Kingdom. After all, Yukimura have a pretty insane technique, so he might be able to pull it off.

I myself am voting and going for Atobe. For ALL the reasons Kaoz already mention, to be honest.

But I just dislike when there's not enough evidence to support the other side of the arguments. That's pretty much it.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think there is enough information about Atobe Kingdom yet. I mean, we have no idea what the limitations are, if there are any. If Atobe can just hit to the dead angles of anybody at any moment, why did he almost lose to Irie regardless? One may argue they are losing right now because it is doubles, however, if there is no limitation on this technique, Atobe is instantly the best when it is a shot that is mechanically impossible to return.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Actually, there's nothing to suggest that Atobe has a limit in using AK.
Why didnt he use AK right throughout is 170+ point tie-break with Irie?
Either AK just wasnt working meaning it isnt as absolute as we thought it was, or there was a limit.

If they have an actual rally, as long as Atobe doesn't get completly dominated (in which case Yukimura could hit winners and see above), he can use AK and score, making Yips useless.
You dont have to be dominated actually.
Fuwa wasnt necessarily dominated I dont think. He and his CE must make him a powerful player as he must definetely be above Hakamada Izou at least who was pretty good.
It wasnt shown that in rallies Fuwa was getting dominated and BAM!! He suffered Yukimura's brand new Yips which completely destroys the opponent.

I'll accept its not a given that Yukimura will defeat Atobe, but its just that it showed that technique survives AK when Irie faced Atobe, and in this series out of the MSers, Its kinda fair to say Yukimura has perhaps the best technique out all of them with a few in contention with him.

My example of great technique is the fact that he can easily return FuuRinKaZanRai which would rape all MSers minus Ryoma and Tezuka. (Atobe cant return it).

We dont know how good Yuki's technique stat is, but there is a lot of evidence to suggest it is significantly above Atobe's.
Sanada as amongst those at the top of the MS tier is the medium. Atobe couldnt cope against Sanada til WoI arrived. Yukimura can cope.
Atobe struggled and lost to Muga!Ryoma. Yukimura shut it down.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, Atobe actually completely dominated Irie as far as we see until his leg injury. So that could be limitation

So, is this topic of injured Atobe VS Yukimura?

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well, Atobe actually completely dominated Irie as far as we see until his leg injury. So that could be limitation

So, is this topic of injured Atobe VS Yukimura?
Stop it. If your gonna suggest Atobe > Irie if it weren't for his leg injury then we can't go anywhere.
Otherwise Atobe > A lot of Top 10 players.
And guess what? He's struggling against No.s 9 and 10 even with Nationals!Tezuka by his side in the form of Niou.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Atobe actually completely dominated Irie as far as we see until his leg injury.
Irie let him win.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Stop it. If your gonna suggest Atobe > Irie if it weren't for his leg injury then we can't go anywhere.
Otherwise Atobe > A lot of Top 10 players.
And guess what? He's struggling against No.s 9 and 10 even with Nationals!Tezuka by his side in the form of Niou.
Show me a page before leg injury that Irie score a point pass Atobe Kingdom Atobe, please, then. If not. My point count as fact.

I also might be confusing this with some discussion or fanfic, but isn't it mention Atobe still feeling his leg injury and so he can only challenge no 9-10?

@Fayte. Correction: Irie let injured Atobe win after torturing him for a freakin long tie break. He also try to finish the game multiple times, and only let Atobe win after seeing his determination. It look Irie is at least serious for the tie break. I don't call dragging around injure people going easy on them. Any other normal people would pose the point, and it would be game Irie 7-6.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Show me a page before leg injury that Irie score a point pass Atobe Kingdom Atobe, please, then. If not. My point count as fact.

I also might be confusing this with some discussion or fanfic, but isn't it mention Atobe still feeling his leg injury and so he can only challenge no 9-10?
Not mentioned. Just a theory.

You must have forgotten the discussion Irie and Tanegashima had after Irie walked all over Atobe.
He said you sure you wanna play around? To Irie. They seemed to be close friends as they were on first name basis, and so Im guessing Tanegashima is the one who is well aware of his true abilities.

After all the madness, he knew Irie's arm was fine, although its perfectly plausible to have an exhausted shoulder after a 6-6 170+ match.
I honestly dont believe that even if his leg was fine that Atobe would have one against Irie.
Irie pushed Atobe just to see how he could improve and he was pleased with AK. Then he got kinda serious.

Last edited:

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Yeah. I add second part to my post as what Irie seem to try to do as response to that already.

And fact from manga right now until proven otherwise, Uninjure Atobe Kingdom>Irie. Support hy multiple pages in manga. Your is a theory, for now

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Uninjure Atobe Kingdom>Irie
Correction:

Uninjure Atobe Kingdom > Non-serious troll mode Irie

We did NOT see a serious Irie until Akiba.