Anime - Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Yukimura vs Sanada OVA edition

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok so the OVA is out.... let's discuss the match and the new info on

black aura and yukimura's playstyle.

Do you want to take the OVA as cannon? because of course only konomi can make up the story line for these anyways.

and the manga doesn't go indepth enough during this battle.

EDIT: Mods please delete or Merge this thread if it already exists.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Anywhere I can watch it? It's not up in my usual anime site.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
well if you google
new-prince-of-tennis-special-2
or replace 1 or 3

you'd find it . the problem is it isnt subbed.

The ova seems to follow the manga well. Accept we dont see sanada get hit by yuki's balls like in the manga. I guess if u take the OVAs as canon then my theory that yuki likes to hit balls at his yipped opponents doesn't work :(

all i can tell is the black aura, like i predicted seems like demonic or from a dark power.
just by looks, like i said, no subs out yet and i doubt the translations would mention that.

afterwards sanada was free from yips but still loss 7-3

LetalHawk

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The OVA was good and it was pretty similar to the manga, except Yukimura's superiority was reduced, I mean, in the manga only Sanada scored one point with the Black Aura, however, in the OVA he scored points with that shot and before that with Zan and Rai, also I noticed that Jackal commented that Sanada's power and speed went up since the end of the National Finals.

The yips part was really good, much better than in the manga and I loved how BA was animated, the scary look the anime gave to it, it was simply amazing.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
The OVA was appalling in accuracy to the manga.
The anime just changed so much things.

BA looked amazing however.

@ashore
The manga and OVA are so different.
You can't go by what happened in the OVA for either of them.

The OVA had Sanada pathetic on the floor during Yips. Whilst in the manga he is the first player to stay standing whilst yipped.
The OVA had Zan and Rai take points off of Yuki, and had Sanada have the upper hand in rallying.
In the manga Yuki shat on both techniques and in the first point nobody had the upper hand.

The OVA had them go all out for the final point.
In the manga, at 4-1, or 5-1, Yukimura says ''I thought I could have fun playing tennis today'' and within the turn of a page he takes the rest of the points and wins the tie-break.

The OVA isn't canon and cannot be considered as canon at all.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
The OVA was appalling in accuracy to the manga.
The anime just changed so much things.

BA looked amazing however.

@ashore
The manga and OVA are so different.
You can't go by what happened in the OVA for either of them.

The OVA had Sanada pathetic on the floor during Yips. Whilst in the manga he is the first player to stay standing whilst yipped.
The OVA had Zan and Rai take points off of Yuki, and had Sanada have the upper hand in rallying.
In the manga Yuki shat on both techniques and in the first point nobody had the upper hand.

In the manga, at 4-1, or 5-1, Yukimura says ''I thought I could have fun playing tennis today'' and within the turn of a page he takes the rest of the points and wins the tie-break.

The OVA isn't canon and cannot be considered as canon at all.
Nothing animated should be considered canon.

TheShiraishi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also not to burst OP's bubble, but this OVA has been out for forever and then some. They've even released the third one (saying something when you look at this anime's release schedule :teehee

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
i want to see teh sub version with all 3 yukimura talking to sanada about something, that made sanada turn black aura mode.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
6-1**

I will forever correct you on this until you change. The mystery points took place before black aura. Yukimura obtained only 1 point with his last attack, which means it had to be match point.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v02/c009/4.html

It's 4-0. Black Aura= 4-1.

Then 7-1.

Rocket science? Yukimura simply win 3 point in a row. It's not that hard. It wouldn't the first time Konomi skip a point that shown either.
Apparently it is rocket science because you're wrong lol. I agree that Konomi skipped points, but it didn't happen where you are saying.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/new_prince_of_tennis/v02/c009/5.html

The end of this page is where those points happen, due to the fact there is an obvious gap. Sanada LOSES THE POINT because he misses the ball. That makes the score 5-0 on this page. Then from the end of this page to black aura, there is a mystery (off screen) point gained by Yukimura, making the score 6-0. Black Aura was achieved on match point, making the score 6-1. Yukimura gets the last point, making it 7-1. Even the OVA interpreted the story this way, which is why Black Aura was done on match point.

Last edited:

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Fayte, there IS no off-screen point.

It absolutely has to be at least 5-0 or 4-0 that Black Aura happens.

First of all the referee shouts the score count for us.
Then at 4-0, Sanada misses the ball, and in the next panel he takes a point with BA.
It can be argued he lost that point, and then at 5-0 got BA, but to say he got that point at 6-0 makes ZERO sense.

Why would Konomi miss THAT ONE panel when he iillustrated every other panel??
Your reasoning makes no sense.

Don't you think the ref would have shouted out match point???
Since if you say it was 6-0, then the ref would have shouted out match point at least twice. He never said it once.

You must be wrong. Yuki served at 1-0, Sanada at 2-0 and 3-0, We see Yuki serve at 4-0,

To even go by the OVA which was completely fan service and wrong shows a lot from you.

The OVA has them going all out for the last point. Even though in the manga Yukimura is standing on the ground as he wins the tie-break, whilst the anime exaggerates him doing some big smash at the end. The all-out play at the end never happened.

Yukimura realized he wasn't going to have fun in tennis anymore and won the tie-break at 5-1 or 4-1.

Yuki did not obtain only 1 point Fayte. You need re-read it.
It's 4-0, then 5-0 as if you look closely, the ball is bouncing on the ground besides Sanada I only just realized.

It was 5-0 when BA appears.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
It's 5-0 like Airgrimes say. Using OVA as example don't works. Anime aren't cannon. Then it's 5-1. So yeah, I'm wrong. But I don't see any room for mysterious point that makes it 6-1, sorry. Yukimura wins 2 points in a row instead of 3.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where do I begin with your contradicting arguments.

Fayte, there IS no off-screen point.
There is an off screen point. Fact. Even you believe there is, because you say Yukimura gets 2 points with 1 swing of the racquet on the last page. That means it is an off screen point. That is not even a negotiable point. If you say there is no off screen points, you just lost the argument. End of story. The ref did not say a word from 4-0 to 7-1. I rest my case.

Airgimes said:
First of all the referee shouts the score count for us.
No, he doesn't. That's the reason we are having this conversation.

Airgrimes said:
Then at 4-0, Sanada misses the ball, and in the next panel he takes a point with BA.
It can be argued he lost that point, and then at 5-0 got BA, but to say he got that point at 6-0 makes ZERO sense.
This is hilarious to me. Not only do you say "it can be argued he lost that point" (when Sanada BLATANTLY lost the point), but you go on to say getting the point at 6-0 makes zero sense because:

Airgrimes said:
Why would Konomi miss THAT ONE panel when he iillustrated every other panel??
Your reasoning makes no sense.
Oh I get it. Because Konomi didn't draw a panel showing Yukimura getting that point means it didn't happen, right? So that means Yukimura did not get any more than 1 point after Black Aura because he didn't illustrate a second point. Your argument goes way more against you than it does me, meaning, your reasoning is the one that is senseless.

Airgimes said:
Don't you think the ref would have shouted out match point???
Since if you say it was 6-0, then the ref would have shouted out match point at least twice. He never said it once.
THE REF WAS FREAKING DEAD SINCE 4-0. READ THE DAMN CHAPTER.

Airgrimes said:
To even go by the OVA which was completely fan service and wrong shows a lot from you.
Fail argument. Just because the OVA is not entirely canon does NOT mean it does not follow canon. Did Yukimura play Sanada? Did Sanada use black aura? Did Yukimura win? Looks to me the OVA got some things right, which means my argument still stands. Black Aura was achieved on match point, and that is how they interpreted it as well. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with it being canon or not. It is how you interpret the manga panels.

Airgrimes said:
Yuki did not obtain only 1 point Fayte. You need re-read it.
It's 4-0, then 5-0 as if you look closely, the ball is bouncing on the ground besides Sanada I only just realized.

It was 5-0 when BA appears.
Like I said, the fact of it being 5-0 and not 4-0 is a non-negotiable point. However, Sanada and Yukimura already began another rally to even allow for BA to appear, so obviously it did not happen directly after Sanada lost that point. There was time in between the 5-0 and the Black Aura. During that time period was when Yukimura got the extra point, NOT after BA. Konomi has never drawn it that way ever. A finishing move always represents 1 point or 1 whole game. It is never 2 points. Yukimura's last attack was a finishing move, meaning it HAD to be match point because a finishing move represents 1 point.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Nope. There is an off screen point. But I still maintain that Yukimura get 2 points in a row. Yukimura "serious" mode just get the 2 points off Sanada so quickly that it just last a page. Prove me wrong. By cannon material.

Here's what we see.

It was at least 5-0 when we saw Black Aura. You think it could be 6-0. But from the points of what we've seen and only that, it's 5-0. You think there's invisible point off invisible panel. We think Yukimura just win 2 points in a row.

Swinging and getting 2 points in a row JUST show that Yukimura stomp Sanada. That is all.

We are skip points ALL the time. In Ochi/Mouri match, Sanada/Tezuka match. Some of those clearly won 2 points in a row. We just don't know the score until it's over.

Last attack IS always a finishing move. And Yukimura only gets 1 points off that. I'm telling you to find me a page that show the score is 6-0.

Here's one thing we're 100% sure of.

The "time skip" happen after black aura and the finishing smash. You can get as many points as you want in a time skip. Yes, even 2.

Last edited:

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not clear to me when the point Sanada scored with Black Aura but I think it's rather obvious that at that point, Sanada hasn't quite figured out how it works so any resulting score can be explained by the fact that Sanada hasn't figured out BA yet.

It says Yukimura thought he was seeing things when he saw the Black Aura, and the next frame shows Sanada looking normal without the aura. By the time Sanada returned from the mountain training, even random fodder guys can see the Black Aura permanently. So you can assume the Black Aura just popped off for a brief moment, because otherwise there it wouldn't be a 'can't trust your eyes' deal, as it's rather obvious BA is there after Sanada returned from his training.

For all we know Sanada could've scored a point with BA and then can't figure out how to turn it back on again.

ashore

Reaction score
Country
United States
maybe he saw a phantom demon inside sanada.

reminds me in pot1, in kantou tournament when only sanada saw the samurai aura that ryoma had. or maybe samurai spirit. it would be werid to imagine a samurai all a sudden. so i would say he saw it.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Like I said, the fact of it being 5-0 and not 4-0 is a non-negotiable point. However, Sanada and Yukimura already began another rally to even allow for BA to appear, so obviously it did not happen directly after Sanada lost that point. There was time in between the 5-0 and the Black Aura. During that time period was when Yukimura got the extra point,
Show where this happened.
Your making this up. A ''hidden rallly''.
Lol.
At 5-0, BA came. BA went. Sanada couldn't take a point without BA. End of.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Fail argument. Just because the OVA is not entirely canon does NOT mean it does not follow canon. Did Yukimura play Sanada? Did Sanada use black aura? Did Yukimura win? Looks to me the OVA got some things right, which means my argument still stands. Black Aura was achieved on match point, and that is how they interpreted it as well. It has NOTHING AT ALL to do with it being canon or not. It is how you interpret the manga panels.
Now you're being silly.
Obviously the OVA would show those primary things.

You are assuming BA was achieved on match-point. At no point have you shown concrete evidence it happened then.
All the evidence goes against this.

Get passionate about Sanada all you want. You cannot change the manga Fayte.