Theory - Zeref and Mavis are still dead. Lucy was imagining it. | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Zeref and Mavis are still dead. Lucy was imagining it.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you know Wiki isn't always accurate.At point of time in the wiki it was mentioned Igneel had a fight to the death with END.
I know that the wiki isn't always accurate I'm just saying some people most likely realize that the Mavis/Zeref in the last chapter weren't the real Mavis/Zeref. I think that was before chapter 465 came out so a lot of people at the time thought that Igneel fought Natsu/END based on Atlas Flames words.

Zerbesto

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
its not a dream if you see the war happen in the year x781 and the party of lucy happen in the year x793 its perfectly normal that zeref and mavis reincarnate

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
its not a dream if you see the war happen in the year x781 and the party of lucy happen in the year x793 its perfectly normal that zeref and mavis reincarnate
The war happened in X792 so ether their Mavis and Zeref or their characters who look like Mavis and Zeref.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Didn't Mashima say in an interview that they are dead.

Dolston1999

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Mashima did say they are dead in the volume 62 afterword.
Quick question?
If it was all a dream how come Lucy knew that Mavis loved to walk barefoot?
and I'me pretty sure that lucy knew Mavis as a very powerful and responsible mage

Despite all that, she saw mavis "barefoot" and also "having a reckless" nature. What are the odds of a person dreaming about another and that dream accurately showing off 2 of that individual's unique traits? She also dreamt about the true nature of Zeref (loving and caring NOTE: Lucy only saw zerefs destructive nature in the first place making it more suspicious) and how come she knew the relationship between zeref and mavis?

I get the feeling that Mashima himself went through a series of possible theories that we fans will come up and added bits to disprove all of em. The dream theory was disproved by natsu showing off the trophy she got and claiming to carry her home and my above theory again disproving that mavis and zeref being dream figures.

immblueversion

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Quick question?
If it was all a dream how come Lucy knew that Mavis loved to walk barefoot?
and I'me pretty sure that lucy knew Mavis as a very powerful and responsible mage

Despite all that, she saw mavis "barefoot" and also "having a reckless" nature. What are the odds of a person dreaming about another and that dream accurately showing off 2 of that individual's unique traits? She also dreamt about the true nature of Zeref (loving and caring NOTE: Lucy only saw zerefs destructive nature in the first place making it more suspicious) and how come she knew the relationship between zeref and mavis?

I get the feeling that Mashima himself went through a series of possible theories that we fans will come up and added bits to disprove all of em. The dream theory was disproved by natsu showing off the trophy she got and claiming to carry her home and my above theory again disproving that mavis and zeref being dream figures.
When did Not-Mavis say she loved to walk barefoot? She simply said she forgot to wear them, and then gave the excuse that it was because it was hot out (coincidentally in August). Hell, she even looked completely embarrassed not to be wearing them. And last I checked, Lucy and everyone else in the guild always only saw Mavis walk barefoot.

Also, didn't Mavis explicitly tell the entire guild her relationship with Zeref while explaining what Fairy Heart was? That extended flashback wasn't just for us readers/viewers. Juvia even cried that Mavis was fighting against someone she loved.

Dolston1999

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
When did Not-Mavis say she loved to walk barefoot? She simply said she forgot to wear them, and then gave the excuse that it was because it was hot out (coincidentally in August). Hell, she even looked completely embarrassed not to be wearing them. And last I checked, Lucy and everyone else in the guild always only saw Mavis walk barefoot.

Also, didn't Mavis explicitly tell the entire guild her relationship with Zeref while explaining what Fairy Heart was? That extended flashback wasn't just for us readers/viewers. Juvia even cried that Mavis was fighting against someone she loved.
yes, buddy, I understand
it's just that I am finding it hard to accept reality... :(
I just want them to come back.....
Why did they have to dieeeeee :'(

Gabo

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I think in the Anime they explained much better than anything Lucy dreamed them, what we saw was the reality of their world, Mavis and Zeref if they reincarnated in Mio and Arios, which in a way seems to me a way that the God of that The world gave them their forgiveness, allowing them to live a new life as ordinary humans.