Zidane Killed the Radio Star~ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Zidane Killed the Radio Star~

zidane

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Hey there, I'm zidane and a global mod here for about... dunno, a few months. You may wonder now: what took him so long to create a thread here? Well, to be honest, I just couldn't find a cool title for it - stupid reason, I know, but that's how it is. (Not saying that this one is awesome, but I was just listening to the song and felt like it would fit.) Possible that I had no time for annoying questions about private things either, but not the number 1 reason.

Anyway, I'm currently doing my 9 months mandatory army service, almost done with the basic training, soon to be moving to a station in bavaria - so yes, I will be quite bored soon and have the time to answer your questions, if you have any.

I'll start with some basic things I like:
-Final Fantasy (currently, as in, right now, playing 13)
-cogitative, hot, and preferably red-head chicks
-translating (planning to study that after army)
-high-tech of all sorts (like my motorola milestone <3)
-Opeth (for you Agrias ;)), Metal in general and especially the melodic-death direction
-travelling far away from home, and coming back again
-good coffee
-did I mention hot and smart chicks yet?
-House (yes, that fox series)
-One Piece (epic, best, no discussion allowed.)

Thinks I dislike:
-hmm, this list could become 3 times as long as the "like" thread, I don't like that...
-ungrateful leechers who take Manga Editors work for granted, or worse, translators work (no it's not my or our job ffs, stop emailing complains about release-times unless you want to start paying for shit.)
-apple-products (no comment)
-"It-girls" ...'the fuck?
-Hugh Jackman (xD)
-eni in yaoi-mood

See, that's what happens with dislike lists, it becomes a hate-list, xD. Yes, all the points were random, unstructured and just written down as they popped up in my head - I'll most definetely feel sorry for posting this thread once I've sobered up again- oh shit! I forgot my dear friend Jack Daniels and Gorbatschow on the "like" list, well now you know it. Catch zidane drunk and you even get him to promise to send you nekkid-pics, eni could tell you stories about it...

It kinda got longer than planned, though it wasn't planned at all to begin with, whatever, screw you and ask me something to keep me entertained.

Last edited:

Phixion

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello, nice to meet you.

Prostyle

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
You forgot to mention Cowboy Bebop in the 'likes'

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure I forgot quite a lot of things, but people could *ask* about them, like in this case: what are your favorite anime series? CB would've been my n1 either way.

Sigh, that's what I get from telling nitwits about this thread.
/me shakes fist at Phix and Pro - don't make this a Bink thread, people will get scared off by the amount of insanity.

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
How big is your manga list, and what do you read?

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Haven't had the time to read much lately, and the only weekly manga I wait each week for left is One Piece, really, but I guess I used to read most of the mainstream stuff, or at least try them, Reborn, Bleach, etc. I'm only up to date with Naruto and Psyren now, out of habit. My love is in the seinen direction, be it the strange sex and violence stories in Ciguatera (mangascreener is going to finish the project, yay!!!), the genius manga Berserk (fuck you Miura, stop taking breaks for playing ****** games on your xbox, lame reason dude, lame reason), Vinland Saga (viking war stories ftw), Vagabond (more war stories, yay) or psycho-mangas like Homunculus or the classic "Monster". Generally the more adult direction...

Please don't ask for lists or any kind of that sort, I'm incredibly unorganized.

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Favourite FF game?

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
I forgot what football team did you support? And are you following the EPL and Champions League this season?

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Favourite FF game?
FFIX, obviously. That's the one half of the origin of my nickname. Second is FFX, and the game of the character in your sig and ava ranks third.

I forgot what football team did you support? And are you following the EPL and Champions League this season?
Wow, even the king of trolling honors me by posting in this thread, thank you. My favorite team is BVB Dortmund, locally. Internationally it's Real Madrid, since the other half of the origin of my nickname had his best days there. Well, he actually had his best days in the equipe tricolore, but no, I'm not a french supporter, not anymore.

And of course I follow the EPL and CL seasons, I'm in germany after all, even if I wanted to evade them, no bar would be safe to go on a tuesday or wednesday.

Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello Zidane!

How are you? Now we get to know you better. Your name always remind of the great soccer player Zidane. He used to be my favorite along with Figo.

I see you like Melodic Death Metal. Well my friend, we will get along nicely. Though I am more Black and Doom metal listener but Melodic Death Metal will do fine at times. Whats your favorite?

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Hello Zidane!
How are you? Now we get to know you better. Your name always remind of the great soccer player Zidane. He used to be my favorite along with Figo.
I'm fine, thank you. It's football though, not soccer, and yeah he was my favorite too. Football just isn't the same without him.

I see you like Melodic Death Metal. Well my friend, we will get along nicely. Though I am more Black and Doom metal listener but Melodic Death Metal will do fine at times. Whats your favorite?
I like Melodic Death, doesn't mean I'm limited to it. I listen to all sorts of metal, to rock, some grunge, jazz, heck there are even rap classics I really enjoy. As for favorite MD-Metal bands, it'd probably be In Flames, nothing extra-ordinary, I know. I enjoy most of the Gothenburg metal bands, such as In Flames, At the Gates, Amon Amarth, Nightrage, CoB, etc.
You could catch me listening to the Red Hot Chili Peppers the next moment though, so really, no limits to specific genres here.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Yeah it's voetbal over here...

Can you understand/speak some Dutch? The languages have quite similar words?
Oh and who's your favourite famous one night stand?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey zidane, you took your time making this thread :p, most of what I was gonna ask have been done so. So here's a question of the top of my head, "if you were to go on holiday, where would you like to go?" And what's your favourite catchphrase/quote? Nice to meet you!

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Phixion tends to post dutch stuff pretty often, and yeah, when I read it, I get the general meaning of a text - if someone tries to talk dutch to me though I don't understand anything... mainly because I keep laughing because of the silly accent, I guess.

Most favorite famous one-night stand? Explain in more detail please. I haven't had sex with people you know, yet, pretty sure.

Hey zidane, you took your time making this thread :p, most of what I was gonna ask have been done so. So here's a question of the top of my head, "if you were to go on holiday, where would you like to go?" And what's your favourite catchphrase/quote? Nice to meet you!
Some place warm, right now. As you may have read above I'm currently doing my military service, and the basic training involves things like really long distance marches, sleeping in the woods for 3 days, etc etc. Problem was, we have the coldest winter of the past 50 years here in germany, so yeah, I froze everything off in those past 3 months. I'm going to bulgaria again this summer, actually, I'm leaving in 40 mins to meet up with friends and discuss where we go this summer, but it's definetely going to be in the south or south-east of europe. Ultimate goal is Las Vegas though, can't wait to become 21 years old and play on a serious poker tournament in LV.

As for favorite quotes - ask me another day again, there are like literally dozens that I keep in my head, and hundreds more that I keep forgetting, I really love good quotes.
Generally, check on Nietzsche's quotes, or House if you like it more modern/witty.

Last edited:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long have you been a Global mod for? :blink
Were you a green before?
Favourite OP character?

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
How long have you been a Global mod for? :blink
Were you a green before?
Favourite OP character?
I was a database mod for like 3-4 days, then got global mod since I wasn't able to do my job here without it. Just looked it up for you, it must've been sometime around september 27th, 2009.

My favorite OP character died in this arc, first "main" character to die in One Piece...

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Why do you dislike Hugh Jackman? He's WOLVERINE!!!!!

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
FFIX, obviously. That's the one half of the origin of my nickname. Second is FFX, and the game of the character in your sig and ava ranks third.

Wow, even the king of trolling honors me by posting in this thread, thank you. My favorite team is BVB Dortmund, locally. Internationally it's Real Madrid, since the other half of the origin of my nickname had his best days there. Well, he actually had his best days in the equipe tricolore, but no, I'm not a french supporter, not anymore.

And of course I follow the EPL and CL seasons, I'm in germany after all, even if I wanted to evade them, no bar would be safe to go on a tuesday or wednesday.
lol. Well Real Madrid haven't done badly this season, mainly because of the awesomeness of Ronaldo. Though it was nice to see Real get knocked out of the CL while Utd thrashed AC Milan.

And which english team is most popular in Germany? Even though Bayern are supposedly not really a German team, I think they have a good chance of winning the CL.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
So you're in Germany atm? Where exactly? ;/

/random facts/ Did you know? Michail Gorbatschow was one of the biggest alcohol adversaries in Russian history. Tried to ban it and what not.. so plz do not associate him with the Henkell company which produces a vodca with the same name) x

Last edited:

zidane

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if I should answer you all in my current, super drunk state...
nah, will wait till tomorrow... and yes, I spellchecked this twice!!