Fan Art - Zoro Coloring - Let's Get Serious | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fan Art Zoro Coloring - Let's Get Serious

DeBaron8

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here's a new Zoro coloring. It's a coloring of a traditional sketch by suryoyo0 on DeviantArt. I have two versions. Any CnC are most welcome. :D Especially in regards to: which version is better?

See my DeviantArt for more image details. Also, sorry for the large size, this is the only way I know how to post DA pictures. :sweat

Plainer version.
Version with some lighting effects.

soDeq05

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Hello DeBaron8 :) Glad to see some artworks from you again. :tem Regarding this art, I prefer the first one. It is really nice art. As for the second version, I do not really like the flare there. :sweat The flare is hurting my eyes :sweatdrop but overall, I love it :love

DeBaron8

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello DeBaron8 :) Glad to see some artworks from you again. :tem Regarding this art, I prefer the first one. It is really nice art. As for the second version, I do not really like the flare there. :sweat The flare is hurting my eyes :sweatdrop but overall, I love it :love
Thanks a lot for the comment. I really appreciate it. :) I also like the first version better.

Bugzee

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
LOL! Dude, they're massive! Be sure to link us with a thumbnail in the future, I guess it'll be easier for people to look at. ;)

Or upload a slightly smaller/downsized version of it. ^^

Anyway, I like the first one the best. The lighting effects are cool in the second one but they don't look too realistic and they don't add to the mean-ass Zoro-look you've created imo. If you want to use the lighting effect than make it more suttle. Use it on a small area of the earrings and follow it through towards the sword. Same direction/angle though~ I'm not making much sense. :darn

Super work though, Debaron! I can't wait to see more awesome work. You should seriously consider submitting something in for the Advanced Colouring Contest! :D

Giilshark

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Nice!

Salamander

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
that's too awesome
thank you uploading the original size

johnbriner

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Both plain version and with added lighting effect are very awesome! I think there is not much difference between the, just the light on the right side of the character. Nice color. Again, both fantastic work!

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If you let me I've only two suggestions:
1) Light is more effective if you apply a new gradient layer with the color of the light. At least looks more natural. You control the direction and the density as well to avoid filling the picture with light if that it's not what you want.
2) Hair can't be the same tone in both sides, I suggest a wider selection of colors there.

Nice work :D