Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 444 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #24 of 2024 (5 Choices At Most)

• One Pece 1114

• My Hero Academia 422

• Jujutsu Kaisen 259

• Mission: Yozakura Family 225

• Undead Unluck 206

• Me & Roboco 184

• Sakamoto Days 165

• The Elusive Samurai 156

• Witch Watch 155

• Blue Box 148

• Akane Banashi 109

• Kill Blue 52

• Nue's Exorcist 49

• Kagurabachi 32

• Green Green Greens 22

• Ruri Dragon 13

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 13

• Dear Anemone 12

• Astro Royale 4

• Kyokuto Necromance 3

• Psych House 1 - New Series!

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024)
Kill Blue (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Mission: Yozakura Family
Psych House (Color Page; 2nd Chapter)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Youhei no Hen (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Mane Hideaki)
Astro Royale
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akane-banashi (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Choujun! Chojo Senpai
Undead Unluck
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
ONE PIECE (Absent)
The Elusive Samurai (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Nue's Exorcist (1st Anniversary)
CP: Blue Box; Choujun! Chojo Senpai; Oneshot by Satoushou Masayoshi
Absent: My Hero Academia

Last edited:

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
At first glance, I wouldn't have hopes on Cycle Byori. Usually the third manga of a batch of 3 is placed there due to less expectations and tends to be an easy axe...

...Then Nue happened last year. So who knows.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At first glance, I wouldn't have hopes on Cycle Byori. Usually the third manga of a batch of 3 is placed there due to less expectations and tends to be an easy axe...

...Then Nue happened last year. So who knows.
Nue isn't the 3rd manga from a batch, but the 4th (Tenmaku Cinema, Do Retry, Kill Blue & Nue's Exorcist)

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Nue isn't the 3rd manga from a batch, but the 4th (Tenmaku Cinema, Do Retry, Kill Blue & Nue's Exorcist)
That's the point, the last manga of a batch of 3-4. You do a batch and you put the manga you have more expectations first and the one with less expectations last.

Nue was the manga with less expectations from its batch (understable since Shokugeki duo and Fujimaki were there), and it surprised everybody with its perfomance.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted

HeroAca
Nue's Exorcist
Sakamoto Days
Astro Royale
Necromance

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
That's the point, the last manga of a batch of 3-4. You do a batch and you put the manga you have more expectations first and the one with less expectations last.

Nue was the manga with less expectations from its batch (understable since Shokugeki duo and Fujimaki were there), and it surprised everybody with its perfomance.
You can't be serious. They have more expectations from Do Retry than a freaking Fujimaki-sensei.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can't be serious. They have more expectations from Do Retry than a freaking Fujimaki-sensei.
Yeah, unless there are additional examples, the anticipation theory seems flimsy at best, felt like series come in the order theyre ready.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Kill Blue was the second manga of the batch and Do Retry the third manga of the batch, so yes, they logically had more expectations of Fujimaki than on Do Retry

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
If they keep adapting 3-4 chapters per episode in My Hero, they won't finish the manga in a 25 episode season.

Dongus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I honestly have no idea about Cycle Byori, i'm intrigued because the author has a artstyle and vibe totally different from what Jump publishes, but the art and characters doesn't seem to have the appeal like Ruri Dragon to get either the male or fujo audience, so this has to be a really good written and funny slice of life or it will be just dead meat.
Cycle Biyori is a complete wild card that exists in a realm where no one knows what to expect. A Pandora's Box yet to be open. A Schrodinger's Cat that exists in a state of "greatest manga of all time" and "axed within 20 chapters". It's because there's nothing to work off, that I'm putting my hard gamble that it will become a pillar of Jump, because I live for ridiculous gambles.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country

Similar case with One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, & Sakamoto Days.

OtterBrigade

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Honestly gag manga tend to have good TOC but very low sales. Feels like something people read and then forget
It's more comedy isn't something you typically reread. Something like One Piece you'll have people talking about "I noticed this on my 5th read" so it makes sense to buy volumes. Meanwhile comedy usually isn't as funny the second time (and less so every subsequent time). If I reread/watch a gag/very heavy comedy series it either will be quite a while after the initial experience or need something else other than just th comedy to pull me in.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Similar case with One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Bleach, & Sakamoto Days.
More or less yep:

-One Piece was actually the second manga of its batch being the first Takeshi. Both Shimabukuro and Oda were at the same level back then and their perfomance was actually the same for a while. I guess the editors found Takeshi more safe back then too
-HxH is the only one I wouldn't be able to understand. The first manga of the batch was Whistle (which ended being a success too), but Togashi was a big Jump veteran and Daisuke Higuchi's manga was literally the first one
-Bleach for what I see the first manga of the batch, Magician, had the artist of Nube as the author, while Kubo back then was just an author with an axe
-Sakamoto Days was the only one I didn't need to Wikipedia, I remember the first manga of the batch was Build King (with Shimabukuro getting a failure here)

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
It's more comedy isn't something you typically reread. Something like One Piece you'll have people talking about "I noticed this on my 5th read" so it makes sense to buy volumes. Meanwhile comedy usually isn't as funny the second time (and less so every subsequent time). If I reread/watch a gag/very heavy comedy series it either will be quite a while after the initial experience or need something else other than just th comedy to pull me in.
I have to ask the question on who is asking for the demand on that for the magazine?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

More or less yep:

-One Piece was actually the second manga of its batch being the first Takeshi. Both Shimabukuro and Oda were at the same level back then and their perfomance was actually the same for a while. I guess the editors found Takeshi more safe back then too
-HxH is the only one I wouldn't be able to understand. The first manga of the batch was Whistle (which ended being a success too), but Togashi was a big Jump veteran and Daisuke Higuchi's manga was literally the first one
-Bleach for what I see the first manga of the batch, Magician, had the artist of Nube as the author, while Kubo back then was just an author with an axe
-Sakamoto Days was the only one I didn't need to Wikipedia, I remember the first manga of the batch was Build King (with Shimabukuro getting a failure here)
-One Piece was last as you were right that it was in the same batch as Shima, but before those two there was Joker.
-Particularly right with Hunter x Hunter, but the first was Rookies, not Whistle!. As Whistle came 1 issue before Hunter x Hunter.
-And you were right about Bleach and Sakamoto Days.

Mankichi Togawa

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I have to ask the question on who is asking for the demand on that for the magazine?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

-One Piece was last as you were right that it was in the same batch as Shima, but before those two there was Joker.
-Particularly right with Hunter x Hunter, but the first was Rookies, not Whistle!. As Whistle came 1 issue before Hunter x Hunter.
-And you were right about Bleach and Sakamoto Days.
Oh, I ate JOKER. For what I saw, the author had an axe already. I guess between a "known" author and two rookies, they would put the known author first.

Wait, the HxH batch was actually a 5-series batch where HxH was the last one. That's madness. ROOKIES being the first one makes sense but welp

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
So since we have this week off and there is a lot of time (especially for me to get to that review soon). I have an interesting question. I was just watching a DBZimran video talking about the fight in Bleach that want to be expanded upon being Haschwalth vs Bazz-B, and I would like to ask what is everyone’s favorite fights, or long standing fights in their favorite series? It was something I mentioned in my criticism review on how I said how Naruto’s fights are better constructed than One Piece’s. And I would like to know.

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I ate JOKER. For what I saw, the author had an axe already. I guess between a "known" author and two rookies, they would put the known author first.

Wait, the HxH batch was actually a 5-series batch where HxH was the last one. That's madness. ROOKIES being the first one makes sense but welp
In the batch of 6 in 2017 ROBOTxLASERBEAM was the last to debut, and Hungry Marie and Dr. Stone were 3rd to last and 2nd to last respectively. U19 and Poro, both U19s (one of them literally) from rookies got put before them. It's pretty random anyway, no point looking into it. Though apparently One Piece was last to debut because the EOC at the time had 0 confidence it would succeed despite approving it himself.

Last edited:

JBC008

Reaction score
Country

It does make sense if they had expectations for someone who had a series prior. Unless you are a veteran you go first. But with One Piece being last, I remember in the GLR video on how Torishima has the lowest expectations for One Piece.

As for Hunter x Hunter being last in that batch of 5, my guess is that they were really building up Togashi as YuYu Hakusho was a hit and wanted to savor every moment between Rookies to HxH.

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So since we have this week off and there is a lot of time (especially for me to get to that review soon). I have an interesting question. I was just watching a DBZimran video talking about the fight in Bleach that want to be expanded upon being Haschwalth vs Bazz-B, and I would like to ask what is everyone’s favorite fights, or long standing fights in their favorite series? It was something I mentioned in my criticism review on how I said how Naruto’s fights are better constructed than One Piece’s. And I would like to know.
Sukuna x Gojo

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I will get to my fights, but they will be a bit detailed cause well, you know me. But what will make them special in hind sight is the breakdown as to why those fights are impactful.

edit: sorry got rid of that last sentence as it was a bit egotistical even for my standards.

Serinox

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Also, it is no secret anymore that Kazuhiko Torishima, the EiC at the time, didn't have a lot of faith in One Piece at all.