American Politics | Page 644 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Welp, but of those articles are framing that poorly. First of all, the cnn article is talking about 50 arrested faculty... against 2400 arrested students. And the cops didn't appear magically to squash palestine supporters, they were called by the university's staff (obviously not the same that got arrested). I suppose you could make a case that some staff are rabid supporters of israel or something like that but in the vast majority of cases it's just people who don't want the campuses they run to be seiged/vandalized and for the rest of students to go to class.
There is an ongoing issue of cops getting violent with the staff and arresting them, whether it's one or fifty.

But the point is to silence Palestine supporters, violently or otherwise. People don't care about the campuses being sieged or vandalized or if students go to class, they just don't want Palestine supporters doing it. If it was Israeli supporters, they'd support them.

Serious question: have you been to Asia? I had way more issues as a half-white person in Japan than I did being a half-Japanese person in the USA (I don't look white at all). In the USA it literally never came up here beyond people asking me out of curiosity in high school. Middle school in Japan was hell though as quite a few kids (and their parents) were pretty insistent on excluding me from anything and telling them how the dirty hafu will corrupt them.

I always found it weird how touchy the USA is about race though. People are so blatant about it in Asia. There's no negative repercussions to being openly racist in Japan as long as your target is non-Japanese. In the USA curiosity can be perceived as racism (something as simple as asking someone where they're from) and most of the time the touchiest people aren't even members of the group they claim is being victimized. It's a mindfuck.

This is all aside from the fact that there are quite a few ethnic cleansing happening in the world right now, and the majority of them are not being done by the whites of the West. Several are going on in Central Africa (Sudan), there's a few in Asia (Myanmar, Uyghurs in China), India, and Syria is also eliminating non-Sunni-Muslims (which includes Shia and Christians).
Aren't Japanese people bigoted in general against anyone that's not Japanese?

There's barely any repercussion in USA as well, and whatever repercussions there are are often minor. People in USA are touchy because of the history of racism, where Black people were attacked and lynched, Asians faced violence, and etc. Even still happens. Tulsa, OK massacre? Emmett Till? And often the murderers face little to no punishment, or they used to not have to worry.

We're talking about the west though.

Just wanna emphasize that I posted a link to a black separatist group that hates white people and he (M3J) still wouldn't accept that black people could be racist.

I am an African American male who was born and raised in North Carolina, one of the more racist southern countries in America. And even I have seen instances of racism against white people. And I'm not a conservative. I'm not even a centrist, I'm a Social Democrat.

The behavior of leftists push me further away from identifying as a progressive because they make us look crazy.
If they know USA's true history and react from that, then why would I call them racist?

Whereas liberals would rather say "we should hear out racists and misogynists!" and give them platform that just helps them spread their BS.

Anyhow, I read that there are two conservative judges that may retire. If they retire during Trump's presidency, he'll replace them with young conservatives, while if they choose to retire during Biden's, he might replace them with moderate or right leaning judges. Interesting thing to think about, but also a reason why I'm hoping Trump loses.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
If they know USA's true history and react from that, then why would I call them racist?

Whereas liberals would rather say "we should hear out racists and misogynists!" and give them platform that just helps them spread their BS.
Because they don't hate SOME white people, they hate ALL white people. Unless you agree with them that all white people are racist. Do you?

Does the burning of Anne Frank's diary by them not count as racism because Anne Frank would likely have been a Zionist if she lived to be an old lady

And as for the bolded: you don't beat bad ideas by pretending they don't exist, because that helps them grow faster than fighting them with BETTER ideas does. If I had to choose between ignoring David Duke or having someone debate him on his beliefs, I'll always choose the debate (assuming I know the debater is rhetorically gifted enough to win), because telling people they're bad guys is nowhere near as good as SHOWING people they're bad guys.

Anyhow, I read that there are two conservative judges that may retire. If they retire during Trump's presidency, he'll replace them with young conservatives, while if they choose to retire during Biden's, he might replace them with moderate or right leaning judges. Interesting thing to think about, but also a reason why I'm hoping Trump loses.
If you want him to lose, you have a responsibility; an obligation to vote for his opponent.

Last edited: