On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

AmyRose

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Why ppl keep talking about the rising of water if the world will sink, not will flood
Because world sinking may be consequence of the flood? I mean even according to One Piece standards it's kinda hard to believe that instead of being flooded world would just uhhh collapse for some reason. Also due to fact that One Piece world is made of dozens of islands spreaded through the sea and only one solid land mass is Red Line flood sounds more possible than collapsing.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why ppl keep talking about the rising of water if the world will sink, not will flood
I mean... it's a semantic difference. If a local place was being flooded, I'd describe it as flooding. If the entire world is being flooded all at once from the dominant body of water on the planet, I'd also describe that as the land sinking. It's functionally the same thing at that point (and sounds way more dramatic, more importantly).

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even the inside-out world theory could be made to work if Oda really wanted.
He's the author, so yes...
Not sure what you meant. I think what I said has more basis than the inside-out theory.

Actually it makes sense for Lulusia kingdom’s destruction to rise sea level. The hole is irrelevant for the calculation since it is filled with water. There was an above sea level part (A) and below sea level part (B) of Lulusia kingdom prior to its destruction by Mother Flame. After destruction, all of Lulusia kingdom (A+B) became underwater so it makes sense for waters to rise with A getting now underwater. The below water part (B) is neutral on sea level while the above water part (A) increases sea level. B location simply changed underwater because there is a hole filled of water. It would only makes sense for water to decrease in case of volume of destroyed A+B is < B prior to destruction (due to change in density). Hope I am clear enough.
Another way to explain it is by just simply putting your hand in a pool. Or push a ball into a pool. The increase is related to the mass pushed.

We should remember, the water didn't rise immediately after Lulusia was destroyed. It took an entire week, then an earthquake that was felt around the world struck. Then the water rose.

I don't think it's the simple physics of a landmass falling into the ocean. Oda emphasized the quake being the cause of subsequent rise. There is something greater afoot, deep underneath the sea and the earth below it.
Quakes are the result of pushing a tectonic mass. It will take some time because each plate affects the other. I think it's Pascal's principle but it has been long since I studied physics.

---

Now I'm wondering if Uranus is applying different gravity, which could explain why there are different seasonal islands. Or why does the stream of Reverse Mountain go upwards.

And now that I think more about it, making the red line could have caused the sea to rise in the first place.
I wonder if it's possible to make a functional model of One Piece world now. 🤔

But I'm overthinking this, it's probably a shounen-esque reasoning.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very off-topic but why do I feel like she's slowly falling for Sanji.... yelling his name and all in the last chapter.
I don't think she even knows the other straw hats' names
Could be because he's the one near her getting in the most trouble.

But of course, it could also be because he makes the best food around. lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I mean, don't cities get submerged in water either way

CharlosTenryuubito

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water has to go somewhere. If it's not filling the hole, then the sea level would rise.

The Mother Flame is not the power source. It's stated that The Mother Flame is produced by a power plant in Egghead.

The Japanese text for power plant are パワープラント (pawā puranto), which is just "power plant" romanized, and 融合炉 which means "fusion reactor".

Lilith mentioned the island of Egghead runs on fire. Vegapunk also mentioned creating a sun, which is powered by fusion reactions. So I think it's safe to say the power source of both Egghead and the Mother Flame is nuclear fusion.

The Mother Flame should not be confused with the UFO, instead it seems that the Mother Flame is a single-use projectile fired by the UFO. This makes sense if the Mother Flames is similar to a nuclear bomb.
the water does go somewhere, inside the hole, as far as I remember the manga told us Lulusia become a sea waterfall.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Pretty sure it is the opposite.
Usually, if you get security in place, it surely means you care or worry about being victim to criminals.

That aside, my point is the SHs do things that almost can't be anticipated even by criminal standards.
Their unpredictability comes from the fact that most of them don't seem to have any self-preservation, and to me that makes them unique and fun. Though I suppose it's also self-confidence and desire for adventure.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The Mother Flame is not the power source. It's stated that The Mother Flame is produced by a power plant in Egghead.

The Japanese text for power plant are パワープラント (pawā puranto), which is just "power plant" romanized, and 融合炉 which means "fusion reactor".

Lilith mentioned the island of Egghead runs on fire. Vegapunk also mentioned creating a sun, which is powered by fusion reactions. So I think it's safe to say the power source of both Egghead and the Mother Flame is nuclear fusion.

The Mother Flame should not be confused with the UFO, instead it seems that the Mother Flame is a single-use projectile fired by the UFO. This makes sense if the Mother Flames is similar to a nuclear bomb.
Didn't say the Motherflame was the power-source for Egg-head.
I said it's potentially the power-source for the weapon the Gorosei are using.

Their unpredictability comes from the fact that most of them don't seem to have any self-preservation, and to me that makes them unique and fun. Though I suppose it's also self-confidence and desire for adventure.
I'd say it is mostly Luffy that lacks self-preservation and is pretty much insane.
Zoro was straight up going to kill a Celestial Dragon back in Sabaody until a 10 year old Bonney told him not to do so because of the repercussions.
I wonder if it's the fact he didn't know who they were, or he doesn't care.

Luffy also doesn't think, so that makes him scarier, he just does whatever makes sense to him.
The SHs are actually very scary people (Luffy & Zoro specifically), even if they're good people, not knowing what they'll do would be terrifying.

Hrathgrath

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very off-topic but why do I feel like she's slowly falling for Sanji.... yelling his name and all in the last chapter.
I don't think she even knows the other straw hats' names
It's been said already, but she's 12. Sanji will most likely end up with Pudding in the end. She's his natural counterpart. Bonney might crush on Sanji, but I doubt Sanji (or Oda-sama) would dare to cross that bridge and encounter a sea of troubles.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Because world sinking may be consequence of the flood? I mean even according to One Piece standards it's kinda hard to believe that instead of being flooded world would just uhhh collapse for some reason. Also due to fact that One Piece world is made of dozens of islands spreaded through the sea and only one solid land mass is Red Line flood sounds more possible than collapsing.
I believe is more plausible a lot of islands shaking and sinking than we getting more water on the entire world.

I mean... it's a semantic difference. If a local place was being flooded, I'd describe it as flooding. If the entire world is being flooded all at once from the dominant body of water on the planet, I'd also describe that as the land sinking. It's functionally the same thing at that point (and sounds way more dramatic, more importantly).
But like i said the quote before, is more plausible the islands to sink than the water level rise and flood all islands, remembering that we have islands with mountains very high, considering that will take more than 1km of water above the actual sea level... is a lot of water lol

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seeing as how the Pacifista got disabled easily, and Kuma is comatose, then yeah, it looks like Bonney is better off sticking around Luffy for now.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lovecraftian twist incoming: There's something alive down there, slithering around the core of the world. Kaidou and Big Mom tickled it, the motherflame weapon pissed it off.
That legit crossed my mind as well, though I was thinking more of the Leviathan side of things (same difference really).
Or if you want a Norse mythology spin, Jörmungandr?

Not sure what you meant. I think what I said has more basis than the inside-out theory.
I was just agreeing with your last sentence that I quoted there, in what I'd hoped was a friendly way. 😅

Qenjin

Reaction score
Country
I dont know why everyone came to the conclusion that Vegapunk is revealing that WG is plotting to sink the world.
I think he means that world by itself is sinking and WG knows about it. Thats why they are preparing for that without giving anyone else a chance to survive.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I think he means that world by itself is sinking and WG knows about it.
What evidence is there that the world is sinking besides Lulusia being removed from the map?

There's a lot of theory about the Red Line being destroyed.
I have always disagreed with that idea, but just trying to entertain it... if the Red Line was destroyed... how many times bigger than Lulusia is the Red Line? That would result in major earthquakes for sure... potentially the sinking of the world.
I highly doubt the Red Line gets destroyed, more so by the good guys.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What evidence is there that the world is sinking besides Lulusia being removed from the map?
Well, for one, the smartest man in the world just said it would happen. He's been studying the Void Century so he probably knows something most don't.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Well, for one, the smartest man in the world just said it would happen. He's been studying the Void Century so he probably knows something most don't.
We also have Water 7? Chapter 1055 shows that Old Wano would have been submerged regardless of it being bordered.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
We also have Water 7? Chapter 1055 shows that Old Wano would have been submerged regardless of it being bordered.
I think Vegapunk mentioned something about it, too.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
He didn't say it was sinking.
He said it will sink.

There's a difference between "sinking" and "will sink".
  • "Sinking" suggests it is currently sinking, it's a process that is currently occurring.
  • "Will Sink" implies cause and effect, something will cause it to sink,

It looks like he's saying something will cause it to sink, not that it is currently sinking.
More so with the fact the Gorosei don't want him to say anything.
I highly doubt this is just some geological natural disaster... looks like this is something that will result from whatever the Gorosei intend to do.
Should the Gorosei really be flustered by VP simply saying the world will sink? If it has nothing to do with them and is just a natural event that can't be avoided?

The only thing so far that suggests any danger of sinking is what has happened in Lulusia as far as I'm aware.

Old Wano wouldn't have been submerged, they put up the walls around Wano to close it from the WG in order to hide Pluton.
They are going to open the borders that are 800 years old, so they will be back to being at the regular sea-level as everywhere else.
If sea-levels was such a big deal, Wano of all countries should not be intending to open up their borders because that would inevitably make them susceptible to sinking if this is the threat they're wary of.

Water 7 is sinking because of Tides from the Aqua Laguna from Long Ring Long Land, so I don't think that is something unique to just Water 7. The tides cause destruction and the foundations of Water 7 sinks.
This is supposedly stated in the Yellow Databook.

Based on these, I don't think the world is actively sinking, I think something will cause it to sink such as the event of Lulusia and/or similar in the future, but of course, we're still yet to have confirmation on if it's actively sinking, or will sink because of certain events by the WG which so far I'm more inclined to believe at the moment.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
He didn't say it was sinking.
He said it will sink.

There's a difference between "sinking" and "will sink".
  • "Sinking" suggests it is currently sinking, it's a process that is currently occurring.
  • "Will Sink" implies cause and effect, something will cause it to sink,
What's your point? English is way more nuanced than you're suggesting.
Saying "the Sun will set" doesn't mean the Sun isn't actively setting. Sinking is a continuous act to reach the state of sunken, and future tense is not always mutually exclusive with present continuous. It also wouldn't be grammatically incorrect to say "The world is sinking!" even if it's not actively sinking, but is expected to sink (inevitably). Present continuous tense is a tricky beast for non-native English speakers and has a lot of uses beyond describing currently occurring things. For instance "We're going to the store" is grammatically correct even if you aren't actively on your way to the store.

All that is aside from the point that I don't really understand why the tense matters. You could be right that it isn't actively sinking but that seems like a waste of time to argue about since the topic at hand is the fact that the OP world will seemingly inevitably sink into the ocean. Just wait until the next chapter and the rest of his message to determine whether this is actually important or not.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
What's your point? English is way more nuanced than you're suggesting.
Saying "the Sun will set" doesn't mean the Sun isn't actively setting. Sinking is a continuous act to reach the state of sunken, and future tense is not always mutually exclusive with present continuous. It also wouldn't be grammatically incorrect to say "The world is sinking!" even if it's not actively sinking, but is expected to sink (inevitably). Present continuous tense is a tricky beast for non-native English speakers and has a lot of uses beyond describing currently occurring things. For instance "We're going to the store" is grammatically correct even if you aren't actively on your way to the store.

All that is aside from the point that I don't really understand why the tense matters. You could be right that it isn't actively sinking but that seems like a waste of time to argue about since the topic at hand is the fact that the OP world will seemingly inevitably sink into the ocean. Just wait until the next chapter and the rest of his message to determine whether this is actually important or not.
Just stating my own thought process.

The sun will set and something will sink are 2 different things, this is where nuance is:
  • the sun setting is a cyclical event. it doesn't matter what cause/effect anyone is doing, it will happen.
  • "will sink" is not a cyclical event. It could be sinking suggesting actively sinking, and it could be will sink suggesting cause/effect.
Inevitability doesn't seem implied here because it's related to something the Gorosei are doing or will do, not something that is natural.

The story for the most part has events as a zero-sum-game, if good wins, x happens and if bad wins, y happens. So far, the Gorosei are the villains, so I'm guessing based on hints so far, the sinking is related to them, but of course we'll get confirmation overtime.

You could be right that it isn't actively sinking but that seems like a waste of time to argue about
Seems like a good point of discussion to me, you don't have to engage if you're not interested.
Various things in the series that currently can hint at whether it's actively sinking, or this will be a cause/effect occurrence.

Wano will be returning to regular sea-levels soon since their border will soon be opening up.
  • Why would a country that's related to people who hold the secret of the world not have counter-measures in place?
  • Why have a 800 year old border that could protect them from destroyed by this supposed inevitably rising sea-levels?

And it looks like in the scheme of things, the SHs will stop this from happening, safe assumption to make as they are the heroes of a Shonen series which also suggests this is cause/effect.
Also have to consider the fact we just saw Lulusia's destruction cause earthquakes which led to earthquakes which has resulted in islands being submerged. That's cause and effect there.

Probably other things that haven't been considered or brought up yet.