On Break - One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

On Break One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ok, so the summary explains it.

Vegapunk is pretty much speaking metaphorically.

At the start of Vegapunk's monologue which was translated, he said the world will soon learn inconvenient knowledge, and because of that, the world will sink.
The last panel literally shows sea bottom. I doubt its meta

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The last panel literally shows sea bottom. I doubt its meta
I doubt you've read the actual raw translations yet.

Literally states the knowledge that inconveniences people is why the world will sink, pretty much metaphorically stating they'll die for knowing knowledge related to the Void Century.

It makes no sense that the Gorosei's goal for the past 1000 years is to sink the world...

2mytrompess

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
I doubt you've read the actual raw translations yet.

Literally states the knowledge that inconveniences people is why the world will sink, pretty much metaphorically stating they'll die for knowing knowledge related to the Void Century.

It makes no sense that the Gorosei's goal for the past 1000 years is to sink the world...
Doesn't necessarily have to be a goal, more like an inevitability. And Vegapunk feels responsible for his inaction towards it, hence his "sin".

The evidence is that the Gorousei are aware of that, they live in the Red Line to avoid this situation. They also probably "exterminated" the Lunarians so they can secure their own safety.

Maybe they don't want to cause the destruction of the world directly, but it seems to be going towards there, for other reasons. I don't think the use of the weapon in Lulusia is one of them, since they only just recently managed to get a power source to use it.

wilhelfizh

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I do believe somehow the colorspread would be a hint of future character or story development.

Vanshrimp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Zoro is basically non existant.
regardless of how good or bad it was, there is one little (or tiny) positive thing about zoro's course ( vs kitty) on Egghead so far, which is how Oda made him fight an enemy that is no swordsman, (punch vs katana , so to say). Same for having sanji going against the swordsman of the WG.

Sanji's self healing capabilities are welcome here, specially after revealing that goro-horse loves to bite

chitgoks

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
what mars is looking for could be within vegapunk's body?

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The evidence is that the Gorousei are aware of that, they live in the Red Line to avoid this situation. They also probably "exterminated" the Lunarians so they can secure their own safety.
That isn't evidence.
They eliminated the Lunarians because they lived on the Red Line and they hated that because they were regarded as Gods which the Celestial Dragons believe they themselves to be.
It's a god complex they have based on what we know.
We also know they're racist, and hates every other race, and just want to rule and enslave anything they don't consider equal to them.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a goal, more like an inevitability.
Not sure what sources you've read regarding the spoilers and the summary, maybe you've only read what is here. There are other sources that translate pages of the raws which explicitly state:
Vegapunk at the start of the chapter: This video will soon connect the world together, whether by knowing it, or the inconvenience of know it...
The continuation of VP's statement is at the end of the chapter stating it concludes with the world being sunk which suggests it's a matter of knowledge that results in the world sinking from what I can gather.

We know for a fact the WG don't want people knowing the truth. Therefore, it's not inevitable because the Gorosei don't want the world to know the truth.

It's only inevitable IF the world knows the truth which is what Vegapunk just said. He said the world knowing the truth whether purposely or mistakenly will conclude with the world being sunk because the WG will:
  • Kill anyone who knows anything related to the Void Century.
And in this case, it's not just anyone, it's everyone being aware of details of the Void Century, thus the metaphor of the world sinking based on what I've read from the Raw Translated pages.

It makes no sense that the Gorosei would want the world to sink when:
  • Their goal is to maintain the rulership of the world... why would you want to kill slaves when you need slaves as a ruler?
  • Building the Tequila Wolf which has been going on for 700 YEARS... why would they build it only for it to get destroyed? It only connects to other Islands, or rather, it will connect to other Islands.
  • Right now, they're crying about Revolutionary Army cutting of food supplies... why would they want to sink the world when they need slaves for food?

Sinking the world serves no purpose based on all that's known.
It makes no sense at all.

Could well be wrong, but I'm going with this being metaphorical. Why would your goal really be to sink the world?

Rather than waste a 1,000 years sinking the world, why not just kill everyone? If sinking the world is something they want to do, it essentially means they want to make humans extinct... if that's really the goal, rather than waste time on some absurd idea to sink the world, just kill everyone.

If anything, we know for a fact that they want the Motherflame weapon which we know is pretty similar to an Ancient Weapon. The WG have been trying to get hands on Pluton which they know can destroy Islands effortlessly.
Rather, what VP is probably saying here as well is the WG want to acquire a weapon capable of destroying the world to enforce their dictatorship further than it currently is.
And for countries that do not bow down to them, they get destroyed and that will raise the sea levels like Lulusia.
Not that it's a goal.

As far as I'm concerned until more information comes, this sinking thing is hyperbole, metaphorical or just referencing the fact that nations that don't bow down to the WG will result in higher sea-levels.
They need slaves, can't have slaves without a population of people.
Can't have food without Islands all over the world to grow food and acquire resources.
I think the sinking thing is being taken too literally, that's my interpretation until otherwise proven wrong.

Last edited:

2mytrompess

Reaction score
Country
Greece
That isn't evidence.
They eliminated the Lunarians because they lived on the Red Line and they hated that because they were regarded as Gods which the Celestial Dragons believe they themselves to be.
It's a god complex they have based on what we know.
We also know they're racist, and hates every other race, and just want to rule and enslave anything they don't consider equal to them.
Yeah that's what I am saying. But it might be more than a God complex but more like necessary for survival. We will just have to wait some chapters probably.

Was it ever stated maybe that Celestial Dragons co-existed in the Red Line with Lunarians? Because I had the idea that Lunarians were there first and they overthrew them so they can live there. After all we know that the 20 first kingdoms "ascended" into the Red Line and became the original CDs, with the exclusion of the Nefertari who remained to what they refer to as the surface.

Vadz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah that's what I am saying. But it might be more than a God complex but more like necessary for survival. We will just have to wait some chapters probably.

Was it ever stated maybe that Celestial Dragons co-existed in the Red Line with Lunarians? Because I had the idea that Lunarians were there first and they overthrew them so they can live there. After all we know that the 20 first kingdoms "ascended" into the Red Line and became the original CDs, with the exclusion of the Nefertari who remained to what they refer to as the surface.
So to summarize, 900 years ago they all revolted against lunarians except Nefertari.
Makes sense to me - probably the world was sinking as well back then, and could be related to reason why Noah was built.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
They never co-existed, the CD jut have unrivalled superiority complex.

2mytrompess

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Also, with current translation, it's emphasizing that Vegapunk's heart stopped beating. That doesn't necessarily make him dead.

He might be resuscitated (maybe by Nami/Zeus/Vegapunk Clone?) but since the brain will be without oxygen for those minutes, he might come back brain damaged, making him probably a minor threat than before, but keep him around in the series.

ShishiSonson

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Also, with current translation, it's emphasizing that Vegapunk's heart stopped beating. That doesn't necessarily make him dead.

He might be resuscitated (maybe by Nami/Zeus/Vegapunk Clone?) but since the brain will be without oxygen for those minutes, he might come back brain damaged, making him probably a minor threat than before, but keep him around in the series.
Dude, this is One Piece.
Guy's brain litterally became life Cloud Server. His brain is working without him. So, him returning to life or his heart starting to beat again, will be without consequences.

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
So Sanji blitzed Venus.
Casual Kizaru blitzed Sanji.
Casual Kizaru was in a deadlock with Snakeman. Needed to accelerate himself to gain an upper hand. (Snakeman didn't use its fastest attack King Cobra btw).

2mytrompess

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Dude, this is One Piece.
Guy's brain litterally became life Cloud Server. His brain is working without him. So, him returning to life or his heart starting to beat again, will be without consequences.
Talking about the Stella body. What happens to the brain is not of the straw hats' concern anyway. And yeah probably not. Just speculating. Also at this point the brain looks like it might be destroyed.

Cezka

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, I also can't see sense in either leting all people bellow Red Line sink or sinking them on purpose. Red Line is literally naked stone after all, nothing can be grown up there so I can't see Celestial Dragons living up there without access to anything else beside some fishes like you just said. Unless Imu/Gorosei literally don't need anything for the living because they are soo "godly" so they don't even care if all Celestial Dragons will slowly die out of starvation which is quite unlikely in my opinion. Hmm, ok if water level is rising then mayby at some point it could even reach top of Red Line so mayby that's why Gorosei need Mother Flame, to control sea level. You know, so sea would rise just enough to cleanse world from "filth" killing all unworthly creatures and let whoever will survive up there on Red Line to observe rise of new civilization that would deem them as real Gods. I know, it sounds like quite a stretch but it could be possible if Imu and Gorosei are really immortal. They could live through rise and fall of countless civilizations that could appear after current One Piece world would sink.
Red Lien split the world into 2 part, what if the half if the world sink alternately?

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The double spread is amazing but it really would make more sense if Oda reversed Luffy and Nami positions

escoxking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ayee can we take the time to appreciate the Sanji feats in this arc like bro putting some respect on his name. Light one up for Sanji cause my man really out here showing out.

Kizaruuu

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can we expect an early release for next chapter? Usually when the magazine is on break, the publisher still gets it the week in advance thus leaking starts earlier

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
<I'm just going to discuss the raw freely without covering spoilers this time - except for the comment reply.>

The likelihood that the SHes will be blamed for Vegapunk's "death" just got boosted in this chapter. A random bystander listening to VP's message connected their "hostage taking" with what he said about the message being triggered if his heart stops. :/

Sanji angrily joked about wanting to be the most impressive guy around Bonney" (he still technically hasn't hit on her, but it's not clear how he sees her so I'm not sure how I feel about this). His actual motivation was the urge to protect her though obviously, so I expect a strong burst of emotion conveniently triggered his enhancements.

Bonney turned into a giant with "distorted future!" I guess she's also fond of giants now (since I don't recall her seeing Luffy as a giant). :')

Everyone protecting Robin was so touching, I was actually really moved by Nami and everyone here! Also, it looked like Saturn used some kind of mind-reading ability on Robin prior to that (as there is no way he was on Ohara, was there)? Those panels were bizarre...

When I read the end, I immediately remembered a video I recently saw. (Recently I discovered the incredible OP analysis/theory channel Dawn & Dusk, owned by a native Japanese speaker and translator who is good at picking out the wordplay in the series due to their cultural and linguistic knowledge.) In a recent video, their interpretation of the missing part of Lili's message was "Raise the flag of the dawn in a world [that is] sinking." (*I added "that is.")

Dude, this is One Piece.
Most likely. Another thing pointed out by that channel recently is something hidden in plain text (unlike the visual analogies and rebuses and such Oda also uses). The most common interpretation of Vegapunk's words is when he calls himself "shiganai tensai" is a "humble genius," but there's a possible double meaning I can no longer unsee in "shiganai," which can also mean "doesn't die" or "undying." Iirc their prediction (based on some further stuff in the video) is that Vegapunk's memories/consciousness will be transferred to literal satellites though, lol. I currently can't see that happening myself, but it's possible based on the same imagery (see the vid if interested), the people on here who were theorizing about a computer-based consciousness for Vegapunk could be right.

On the other hand though, Saturn told Mars to cool his jets as leveling the island would destroy the power plant and they wouldn't be able to get more of the Mother Flame anywhere else.

*edited to change order of text (to make more sense when referencing that video) & now also to fix grammar/punctuation up top

Last edited:

Trip_LLL

Reaction score
Country
Canada
With every chapter, it becomes more clear--the Gorosei are being hard carried by their Regen, with maybe the exception of the boar.

Saturn has lost limbs many time, with the regen restoring them. We knew he was fragile in this sense from before. With this chapter, we see that Brook can cut through him, and Chopper can successfully counter one leg with a ball of fluff. The most outright, uncontestable dangerous thing he has shown is that paralysis move that caught Sanji among others. Coupled with his summoning circles, Saturn might actually be more of a crowd control/utility fighter.
One thing I've got to wonder now is if Brook's Soul-based powers can interfere with the regen somehow.

Meanwhile, Sanji drew blood from Venus, putting him below the boar's defensive power. Pros on his side is that speed and elemental power.

Sand Worm has shown the weakest display, getting cut apart, and then having a building jammed into his mouth.

Bird man has great haki, but they all do, so nothing extraordinary here yet.

And then Topman, living up to his name as the top, able to hurt Luffy with sheer defense, the only one to tank a hit without needing Regen.

These distinctions between them are super interesting.
Another thing of note here is--is it worth just grappling/trapping the Gorosei. Since death is off the table, I really think doing things like what the giants did here is the way to go.