Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 230 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

McNuss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
if you go by the theory that says Jupiter is strongest, because, remember the small numbers on the summoning circles, saturn = 5 was shown in a previous chapter, itsumade = 4, warcury = 3, venus = 2, so theorically jupiter has the number 1 and you need to look very carefully, then luffy has to face jupiter ( and eventually turn him into a jumping rope as well just to disappoint some people to which i belong) zoro vs venus, sanji vs warcus.......but who knows what is really going to happen
Good catch. Which makes no sense given the planets numbers, but it makes sense given that he is PETER.

Did anyone play Binding of Isaac? When you play the Fortune Telling Machine, A Message pops up sometimes saying "You are worshipping a Sun God". Who is the Sun God and what does he have to do with someone named Peter...

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I really can't see this arc going far past 1120 at this point.

Question is though, once everyone escapes to the ship, what's stoping the Elders from chasing them?

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich

Question is though, once everyone escapes to the ship, what's stoping the Elders from chasing them?
Nothing, unless, they get pushed back into their lair in marigeoise

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hopefully, the Iron Giant. 200 years ago it stopped because it ran out of energy, but now it seems to have some again. I guess we'll see.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

I assume there's some sort of reason Elbaf wasn't erased off the map by Imu ages ago, and it's probably not just "really big people live there". My crackpot theory is that Imu's island-eraser-orbital beam is not an ancient weapon- the giants instead have Uranos and it's the sole reason they haven't been wiped out like the lunarians despite similar reasons that should be necessary for Imu to wipe them out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In the end of Egghead, there's going to be a scene that parallels Shanks taking down Kidd.

The Strawhats will safely escape to Elbaf, but beforehand Luffy is going to see a vision of the Gorosei killing the ship full of innocent scientists/citizens from Egghead. Like Shanks singlehandedly shut down the Red-Hair Pirates in one move, Luffy is at the very least going to shut down the Gorosei from taking out the scientists/citizens after he sees the future that was about to happen.

_goshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Like Shanks singlehandedly shut down the Red-Hair Pirates in one move
That's funny because it is, technically, true.

Kidd has red hair

Man I can't wait for the SH and Red Hair pirates to meet though. I'm dying to know what Shanks has to tell us regarding Haki/Roger/Blackbeard. I'm starting to think that Shanks will be everything I had hoped Dragon were regarding story truth bombs.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm always entertaining multiple directions the story can go where possible, but my most sinister guess at where the arc was going (from before the Buster Call) had been that everyone gets away but Morgans agrees to run propaganda blaming Luffy for VP's murder (after Vivi leaves of course). Now I can only see that happening if Vegapunk (Stella/Original) really does turn out to be faking his death.

The weirdness of VP's supposed death (and also Kuma's unconfirmed state of being to some extent) makes it really hard for me to guess where things are going. Oda went and put them both in a colour page of the Straw Hats (as well as including "dead" VP on the area map), which is probably him trolling either way, but at the very least it seems Oda doesn't want us to write Vegapunk off yet. I think if he survives, VP and his satellites are probably safest with either the Revolutionaries, or the Straw Hats. If he doesn't survive, there will have to be some other victory for them, either from the message or some action Vegapunk's remaining satellites pull off in the future.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, what will happen to Yamato and the others once Caribou leaks his info to Blackbeard?

Assuming the Straw Hats are in Elbaf, the news of whatever will happen in Wano may come to them too late by then.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
I assume there's some sort of reason Elbaf wasn't erased off the map by Imu ages ago, and it's probably not just "really big people live there". My crackpot theory is that Imu's island-eraser-orbital beam is not an ancient weapon- the giants instead have Uranos and it's the sole reason they haven't been wiped out like the lunarians despite similar reasons that should be necessary for Imu to wipe them out.
That would be a super interesting twist and would be the ultimate deterrent. If all the Ancient Weapons are in the hands of non WG countries definitely begs the question how tf they won.

In the end of Egghead, there's going to be a scene that parallels Shanks taking down Kidd.

The Strawhats will safely escape to Elbaf, but beforehand Luffy is going to see a vision of the Gorosei killing the ship full of innocent scientists/citizens from Egghead. Like Shanks singlehandedly shut down the Red-Hair Pirates in one move, Luffy is at the very least going to shut down the Gorosei from taking out the scientists/citizens after he sees the future that was about to happen.
I'm all for a cool Luffy moment like that but didn't the Giant Pirates already save the scientists/citizens? The Navy ship that was about to attack them was destroyed by someone we didn't see which turned out to be the giants a chapter later. I'd assume by this point the scientist/civilian ship is far and long away.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm all for a cool Luffy moment like that but didn't the Giant Pirates already save the scientists/citizens? The Navy ship that was about to attack them was destroyed by someone we didn't see which turned out to be the giants a chapter later. I'd assume by this point the scientist/civilian ship is far and long away.
Yes, but they can very easily be targeted by the Gorosei anyways. In their eyes that ship is as important as killing a similar escape ship from Ohara. And they clearly have the means to do it. Plus I like the parallel of Dressrosa (G4 armament) -> WCI (G4 observation), with Wano (G5 armaments) -> Egghead (G5 observation).

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, but they can very easily be targeted by the Gorosei anyways. In their eyes that ship is as important as killing a similar escape ship from Ohara. And they clearly have the means to do it. Plus I like the parallel of Dressrosa (G4 armament) -> WCI (G4 observation), with Wano (G5 armaments) -> Egghead (G5 observation).
True that Mar's at the very least can fly out there and try to take them out. If Luffy's next feat is observation with large range it would be cool to see how he'd actually do something to stop them assuming he's super far away. Maybe he will haki lighting like Shanks did to Greenbull.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
True that Mar's at the very least can fly out there and try to take them out. If Luffy's next feat is observation with large range it would be cool to see how he'd actually do something to stop them assuming he's super far away. Maybe he will haki lighting like Shanks did to Greenbull.
It'll be interesting to see the range of his awakening. So far we've only seen him use the rubberfication of the environment on relatively close ranges. But the first skilled awakening user we saw- Doffy- used his awakening to make an island-sized cage. What'll also be interesting to see is if he can rubberfy the ocean? We know Aokiji can freeze it and Oven can boil it, it'll be interesting to see if Luffy can rubberize it. I assume not, but I have nothing to base that on really.

If Luffy does move to intercept a Gorosei from attacking the civilians, I expect it'll just be another big haki blast or whatever though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That's funny because it is, technically, true.
The best kind of correct.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
It'll be interesting to see the range of his awakening. So far we've only seen him use the rubberfication of the environment on relatively close ranges. But the first skilled awakening user we saw- Doffy- used his awakening to make an island-sized cage. What'll also be interesting to see is if he can rubberfy the ocean? We know Aokiji can freeze it and Oven can boil it, it'll be interesting to see if Luffy can rubberize it. I assume not, but I have nothing to base that on really.

If Luffy does move to intercept a Gorosei from attacking the civilians, I expect it'll just be another big haki blast or whatever though.
I'm doubtful on rubberizing the ocean but maybe he could pull another trick from Doffy's arsenal and rubberize clouds to quickly move via the sky? That would be cool if he gained mobility of that level where he'd be using something like geppo adding to his Rokushiki inspired fighting style.

If nothing else he can always go the classic stretching route and maybe do a Gomu Gomu Pistol like G5 attack that has him stretching many miles. Although basic the extremeness of it would be impressive, similar to how his fist being Onigashima size was cool.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So where is everyone at on how to actually beat the gorosei? With how things are there's no conventional method to deal lasting damage to any of them. What they have going on is by far more dangerous than logia intangibility. Let alone even marco's regeneration. The worst case scenario for any one gorosei in battle is to simply outlast stronger foes. I suppose that if they are like marco then they would eventually simply run out of stamina but it's unlikely there are 6 devil fruits with that ability. Their immortality is powered by something else they all happen to share...

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
So where is everyone at on how to actually beat the gorosei?
perhaps by breaking the connection between human world and demon world (based on the theory: their Df's allow them to summon a demon/yokai which takes over their bodies..). The connection would be the summoning circles, if they get destroyed, the gorosei lose some supers powers, (like the self healing ability).

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So where is everyone at on how to actually beat the gorosei? With how things are there's no conventional method to deal lasting damage to any of them. What they have going on is by far more dangerous than logia intangibility. Let alone even marco's regeneration. The worst case scenario for any one gorosei in battle is to simply outlast stronger foes. I suppose that if they are like marco then they would eventually simply run out of stamina but it's unlikely there are 6 devil fruits with that ability. Their immortality is powered by something else they all happen to share...
Aside from possibly something to do with those magic circles as @Vanshrimp said, I've only had vague thoughts swirling around possibilities like top tier haki (e.g. Shanks' full bar wifi, or Warcury's blast that can distort an island) in combination with Nika powers... and maaybe something to do with Voice of All Things (since there has to be some twist or another about what it is or how it's used being more than it seems).

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What i've thought of so far is that perhaps their immortality has two factors going on. One is of course the ope ope fruit operation. Being "gods" the gorosei and imu got consecutive fanatic worshippers to perform the operation to stop their aging. And a second still unknown factor accounts for their apparent regeneration of sorts. Some folk on the internet appear to suggest that imu (someone said imu nerona meant "something black) is a sort of opposite to joyboy (who is white). I am guessing that Imu being the big bad demon around is able to sort of impart demonic shenanigans on the gorosei. maybe even evil cartoon powers.