Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 888 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Notice me, senpai
You're just an attention whore. What you are doing is prolonging the conflict. If you didn’t quote me which is obvious only to start and prolong the conflict, I will only quote Fox666.

You are much more toxic than Nik87. You are just an instigator 🥱
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm shocked. I would have swear that's what you love the most.

I just said that if we don't agree on the powercreep, arguing about minor details is pointless. Then you go on and make a huge talking about small details...
No I debunked your arguments while you didn't debunk any arguments of mine.

Post Udon Luffy still got blitzed by Thunder Bagua so where's the powercreep?

Wano base Luffy can't be much faster than WCI Gear 4 Luffy because Big Mom kept up with non Thunder Bagua Kaido who tagged base Wano Luffy.

Do you think Big Mom is much faster than WCI Gear 4?

Big Mom in WCI is not portrayed significantly much faster than base Luffy let alone WCI Boundman/Snakeman. WCI Big Mom cannot even blitz Jinbe.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
You're just an attention whore. What you are doing is prolonging the conflict. If you didn’t quote me which is obvious only to start and prolong the conflict, I will only quote Fox666.

You are much more toxic than Nik87. You are just an instigator 🥱

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
No I debunked your arguments while you didn't debunk any arguments of mine.

Post Udon Luffy still got blitzed by Thunder Bagua so where's the powercreep?

Wano base Luffy can't be much faster than WCI Gear 4 Luffy because Big Mom kept up with non Thunder Bagua Kaido who tagged base Wano Luffy.

Do you think Big Mom is much faster than WCI Gear 4?

Big Mom in WCI is not portrayed significantly much faster than base Luffy let alone WCI Boundman/Snakeman. WCI Big Mom cannot even blitz Jinbe.
You didn't debunked my arguments because I'm not arguing over minor details. If you don't agree on the powercreep, there's no point in arguing.

Kaido wiped the floor with the Scabbards, which included many commander-level characters, such as Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Asura Douji, Denjiro, possibly Kawamatsu or Izou. And Kaido didn't even used his hybrid form.

But Luffy in his base form could keep up with hybrid Kaido. Therefore, Luffy would almost wipe the floor with multiple commander-level characters.

And Big Mom, who is more-or-less equal with Kaido, could also do the same. That makes sense, since when she was going crazy, her crew, Katakuri included, didn't even consider the possibility of stopping her:

That's how strong a Yonko is compared to their own crew. None of them stands a chance against big Mom.

Perosperos also mentioned the Big Mom Pirates would be done if Big Mom died:

Which again, makes sense, when you compare with what happened to the Whitebeard Pirates without their captain.

So why didn't Big Mom defeated Luffy in 3 seconds when she had the chance? Plot armor. Just like in Marineford, Luffy was standing in front of the 3 Admirals, and any of them could defeat Luffy in 0.1 second, but that didn't happened.

BlackTiger

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
You didn't debunked my arguments because I'm not arguing over minor details. If you don't agree on the powercreep, there's no point in arguing.
I did I debunked how Luffy didn't get much faster unless you agree Big Mom in Wano who can keep up with Kaido is much faster than WCI Boundman which is wrong. Big Mom cannot even blitz Jinbe

Kaido wiped the floor with the Scabbards, which included many commander-level characters, such as Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Asura Douji, Denjiro, possibly Kawamatsu or Izou. And Kaido didn't even used his hybrid form.
Those characters are much slower than Snakeman. Sulong Neko almost lost to Perospero. Perospero is weaker than even Snack. Scabbards are bums tbh they are bunch of weaklings.

We saw what happened when Kaido fought Snakeman he got blitzed.

This doesn't refute that Kaido will be helpless against Katakuri/Snakeman speed.

Hybrid does not make the user faster I already discussed this.

But Luffy in his base form could keep up with hybrid Kaido.
Because Kaido was not using Thunder Bagua. Non Thunder Bagua Kaido cannot blitz Big Mom who cannot blitz Jinbe. Luffy did not get faster. Kaido just used slower attacks (his non Thunder Bagua attacks). Post Udon Luffy still got blitzed by Thunder Bagua so where's the speed boost/powercreep?
Therefore, Luffy would almost wipe the floor with multiple commander-level characters.
I think base Luffy will get fucked up though. Luffy is weak to cutting attacks. Cutting attacks with ryuo will fuck Luffy up. Luffy can keep up with Kaido because Kaido used blunt attacks his club

WCI Luffy in Snakeman Sure. Those scabbards are weak after all. I don't think any of them can dodge Snakeman attacks when they cannot see even Kaido flying slash.

Kinemon got low diffed by Punk Hazard Law. He was shitting his pants seeing fucking Pica.
Sulong Neko almost lost to Perospero.
Sulong Inu is relative to Sulong Neko.
Ashura is weaker than Sulong Dukes.
Kiku is possibly the weakest scabbard the only one who lost her arm from Kaido cutting attack.
Denjiro cannot see Kaido flying slash while Law casually dodged it
Izo cannot hit Akainu despite Marco and other WBP help. Akainu is much slower than Katakuri with inferior CoO.

And Big Mom, who is more-or-less equal with Kaido, could also do the same.
Yeah Big Mom can solo scabbards.

That makes sense, since when she was going crazy, her crew, Katakuri included, didn't even consider the possibility of stopping her:

Katakuri never said that he cannot stop Big Mom. Katakuri said what would have happened if Big Mom hunger pang was not stopped. Hunger pang Big Mom even almost lost to Jinbe. What can hunger pang Big Mom do to Katakuri? He would treat her much worse than what Jinbe did.

That's how strong a Yonko is compared to their own crew. None of them stands a chance against big Mom
Again Katakuri never said he cannot stop Big Mom. Only said what would have happened if Big Mom hunger pang was not stopped. Hunger pang Big Mom lost to Jinbe.

Perosperos also mentioned the Big Mom Pirates would be done if Big Mom died:

That doesn't support your point at all. That actually supports my point. Katakuri and Big Mom pirates need Big Mom alive. The only way to stop hunger pang Big Mom is by killing her. KOing her won't stop her she will get up. So the only way to stop her is by killing her which they cannot do because it will be the end of Big Mom Pirates.

That's also because of her influence. Just think what would have happened if Alabasta Luffy died. It would be the end of SHP despite Zoro was close to Lufy in strength.

Which again, makes sense, when you compare with what happened to the Whitebeard Pirates without their captain.
Because Whitebeard Pirates are bums lmao

Jozu lost to Doflamingo. Doflamingo was weak compared to Cracker.
Vista needed back up to face Ronse.
Crocodile who was weaker than Cracker can stop Mihawk without using haki. Marco needed haki to stop weaker top tier Kizaru.

Kaido was even afraid at the possibility fighting Big Mom Pirates while Kaido was confident with only bringing King to fight Whitebeard Pirates at Marineford.

So why didn't Big Mom defeated Luffy in 3 seconds when she had the chance? Plot armor. Just like in Marineford, Luffy was standing in front of the 3 Admirals, and any of them could defeat Luffy in 0.1 second, but that didn't happened.
This seems like a cope. She failed to hit Luffy because Katakuri was much faster than her that's it. It has nothing to do with plot.

None of the admirals was trying to attack Luffy though so you can excuse that. Big Mom was trying to attack Luffy but Katakuri attack hit Luffy because Katakuri IS MUCH FASTER THAN Big Mom.

Deal with it. This plot cope excuse is pathetic.

Last edited:

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Relevancy doesn't decide whether a character is strong or not. Irrelevancy is what happened with Doflamingo.

Doflamingo became irrelevant the moment Cracker pressured Boundman, Katakuri beat the crap out of Boundman and Kaido 1 shot Boundman.

That never happened with Snakeman. Kaido needed FS to counter Snakeman and still didn't outperform Katakuri vs Snakeman.. Kizaru needed to amp his speed to counter Snakeman and still didn't outperform Katakuri vs Snakeman. They're lucky they never faced the fastest version of Snakeman King Cobra.

Current Zoro needs to prove how he's faster than base Luffy.

Then we can discuss how he's faster than Gear 2.

Then we can discuss how he's faster than Boundman.

Then we can decide if Zoro's as fast as Snakeman.

Then see if Zoro has FS or not.

Zoro is still in step 1. He hasn't shown better speed feat than base Luffy. Katakuri doesn't need FS to no diff current Zoro.
Katakuri as he sees the manga leave him behind

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
You guys are actually annoying 😂😂, anyhoo threads locked now go troll elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.