Chapter - Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 422 Discussion

Antonho

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Do you remember that before All Might AFO was basically untouchable? Millions and thousands didn't help.
Yes, when he was in his prime and had thousands of followers and a lot of allies that do not exist anymore because all might destroyed almost all of them, to the point that that know he literally only have the doctor and machia from back then. A

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Basically, each element he insert into the story is something he have to deal with eventually.
No, I meant the history of the films

and I don't see it ending anytime soon

How long do you think it could extend the story? I would say that ten chapters are too many.

If Horikoshi want me to believe that AfO was able to make the entire world (and like i said, this include governments and vigilantes) stop with the insane amount of chaos he created, then Yes.
Honestly....who the hell cares ?

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The thing is, All Might wasn't flawless. He had several massive gaping weaknesses that AFO consistently exploited, the most notable of which being his connection to Nana Shimura.

As result of wanting to be a symbol of peace, All Might became incredibly insular as a person, and didn't really rely on the strength of others.

I agree with your analysis of Deku.

In contrast, Deku's desire to help others, as well as his connection to other people which he pursues selflessly no matter what(hence the panels from the first war arc where the first describes Deku's selfless determination), does make him "easy to hurt", but also is his greatest strength, as his connection to others elevates those around him to fight with and for him in exactly the same way.
Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. It's not that All Might was actually flawless, but he took it upon himself to become this perfect heroic figure that could never be broken and would always be there to help others. To be fair to him, it is what the world needed at the time as a counter to AFO's shenanigans, and he actually did a very good job turning Japan from a hellscape into a functioning society, but his approach meant that AFO could work with his hidden vulnerabilities. But because Deku wears his vulnerabilities on his sleeve, there's no way for AFO to turn them against him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If Horikoshi want me to believe that AfO was able to make the entire world (and like i said, this include governments and vigilantes) stop with the insane amount of chaos he created, then Yes. I need to believe he's even able to achieved it in his current state. This afo do not have the same resources he had on his prime specially because All might defeated his allies. It's very hard to believe this dude was able to mobilize millions like this.
All Might ruined AFO's power base in Japan, but most other countries never had an All Might. There's villainy all over the world, and AFO maintained contacts while he was hiding. But it's not just villains - look at the heteromorphs. Just ordinary people who AFO mobilised by exploiting their discontent. So it's not like everyone was on his payroll, but between his reputation and the demonstrations of power it's not at all strange that AFO/Shiggy became a rallying point for anybody who opposed the current social order, whether it's simple criminals who want to go wild, or political dissidents like the PLF.
Really all he did was make villains all around the world think it was safe to do whatever they wanted, because he was becoming powerful enough to crush all opposition. After seeing Shiggy singlehandedly destroy 2 towns and ShigarAFO kill the USA's superwoman, it's not wild that they'd believe him.

Last edited:

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Well, everyone either fight for or cheer on Izuku. What I'm curious about is what is going on with AfOs new body. Sure, its in quite rough state but it shouldn't be any problem for him. Unless something is still going on inside or this body became too weak to withstand all those quirks and that's why it seems to be tearing apart. I mean I think so because beside bleeding from the hole on AfOs hand I also noticed that he suddenly had wound on his forehead re-open. Oh and would you look at that, president of USA (or just US?) decided to send some help. Bit late, isn't it?

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
If Horikoshi want me to believe that AfO was able to make the entire world (and like i said, this include governments and vigilantes) stop with the insane amount of chaos he created, then Yes. I need to believe he's even able to achieved it in his current state. This afo do not have the same resources he had on his prime specially because All might defeated his allies. It's very hard to believe this dude was able to mobilize millions like this.
It's literally was in last week episode.

Exactly, can't even understand why we're supposed to care or be amazed anymore

No sense what so ever, you can read previous 50 chapters or so or you can skip them and it's the same point in the story, nothing happens, we are in the final battle for 2 years + and I don't see it ending anytime soon, just people staring and yelling at each other and that's it with some flashbacks in between, can't believe people were making memes about goku vs freeza fight regarding its length, and even then something was at least happening there
So you skipping chapters, not paying attention to one that you read. Then you complain how nothing makes sense, or you don't care about characters. It's just showing how valid your criticism is.

Last edited:

JazzMazz

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah, it seems pretty conclusive this fight will wrap up in the next two or three chapters.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yeah, it seems pretty conclusive this fight will wrap up in the next two or three chapters.
Its not enough for volume. And how many times we have been here already?

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

CaptainZero

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece

So you skipping chapters, not paying attention to one that you read. Then you complain how nothing makes sense, or you don't care about characters. It's just showing how valid your criticism is.
Alright hopes he reads this brother

fhenus

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just noticed something: The jump Deku gives at the final pages of the chapter before punching AFO, is similar to the jump he gave on the U.A. admission exam, going to save Uraraka from the gigantic robot. Both Uraraka and Ida were part of the scene, and in this one, both are part of it as well. Different context for sure, HUGE evolution from Deku, but again, the one to stand up for the bigger danger, now being helped by the whole Hero Society. (Side note: this chapter also brought tears to my eyes).

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Broken img