Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 454 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

How will Kyokuto Necromance perform on Shonen Jump?

• A Success

• Decently Well

• It Will Struggle

• A Flop

Results are only viewable after voting.

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #25 (2024)
Kill Blue (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 1st Anniversary)
Blue Box
My Hero Academia
Mission: Yozakura Family
Psych House (Color Page; 2nd Chapter)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
Kyokuto Necromance
Youhei no Hen (Color Page; 47p; Oneshot by Mane Hideaki)
Astro Royale
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akane-banashi (Color Page)
WITCH WATCH
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Undead Unluck
Me & Roboco
Nue's Exorcist
Kagurabachi
Green Green Greens
Dear Anemone
ONE PIECE (Absent)
The Elusive Samurai (Absent)

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Preview
Cover & LCP: Nue's Exorcist (1st Anniversary)
CP: Blue Box; Super Psychic Policeman Chojo; Oneshot by Satoushou Masayoshi
Absent: My Hero Academia

Last edited:

Crimson Trickster

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
**24 TOC**
Saikuru Biyori (**New Series/Cover/LCP/54p** by Kobayashi Omusuke)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
ONE PIECE
Mission: Yozakura Family (**CP**)
Astro Royale
My Hero Academia
Kagura Bachi (**CP**)
Kyokuto Necromance (**23p**)
Choujun! Choujo Senpai
Kill Blue (**CP**)
Blue Box
Jujutsu Kaisen
Witch Watch
Me & Roboco
Akane Banashi
Undead Unluck
Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi
Nue's Exorcist
Dear Anemone
Green Green Greens
Wow, Jujutsu Kaisen all the way down there.

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Takeru once again struggles to not fellate himself over the idea of Chihiro looking cool
Eh, we got some character development last week. Rome was not built in a day.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To be fair, Shadow Eliminators is selling better than Phantom Busters vol 1 from SQ when released:

Shadow Eliminators 1 (2,762) - 4 Days
Phantom Busters #1 (2,780) - 7 days

And PB started to blow up with vol 2 release, so you never know, maybe Shadow Eliminators was published in the wrong magazine, we will never know for sure...
Selling 3K in Jump is signifigantly worse than selling 3K anywhere else, you have to remember, a series will get a bigger visibility boost if they release in Jump, that's why Jump has high standards. MamaYuyu's debut would have been an instant hit in any other magazine, in Jump, it was only so-so. SE probably wouldn't have even charted on SQ.

Last edited:

Dongus

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Takeru once again struggles to not fellate himself over the idea of Chihiro looking cool
Kagurabachi is now contractually obligated to have 2 consecutive color pages each time. One for Takeru to draw any other character, one for him to draw Chihiro and only Chihiro.

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
I love Rin Matsui and i Know he will become a classic man. I just he will continue to work and work aigain. it's sad that jump dismisses horror like that. It shows once again that you have to be compliant even if you want to do something different. I hope that the new series will not suffer the same fate since it is in a lighter theme to bring even more diversity to The Jump.

Minsel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Rin Matsui and i Know he will become a classic man. I just he will continue to work and work aigain. it's sad that jump dismisses horror like that. It shows once again that you have to be compliant even if you want to do something different. I hope that the new series will not suffer the same fate since it is in a lighter theme to bring even more diversity to The Jump.
jump doesn't dismiss horror, it's just that all the attempts have been mediocre to bad

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #24 (2024)
Saikuru Biyori (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 54p; New Series by Kobayashi Omusuke)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
ONE PIECE
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page)
Astro Royale
My Hero Academia
Kagurabachi (Color Page)
Kyokuto Necromance (23p)
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Kill Blue (Color Page)
Blue Box
Jujutsu Kaisen
WITCH WATCH
Me & Roboco
Akane-banashi
Undead Unluck
The Elusive Samurai
Nue's Exorcist
Dear Anemone
Green Green Greens

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Information
Kill Blue (Cover & LCP)
Cycle Biyori (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p)
Akane-Banashi (Color Page)
Undead Unluck (Color Page)
Absent: ONE PIECE
interesting to see how they push Astro, he will probably have a color page very early for the release of his volume.
Another Choujo who doesn't want to leave the top 5, we are on one of the best launches in history. To see if it's more children who vote or if it will sell well once in bound volume.

pennycryman

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When was the last true horror manga in Jump? I'm not counting vaguely horrorish series like JJK or CSM, I'm talking about serious stuff like Outer Zone or God Sider. I'm probably missing something obvious but Enigma maybe?

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
jump doesn't dismiss horror, it's just that all the attempts have been mediocre to bad
Frankly Dear Anemone was rejected from chapter 1 saying that they were going to read it if it was published in Young Jump but it wasn't suitable for Jump. the sequel was only an attempt by Matsui to succeed in pleasing the public and in vain. I hope he doesn't come back in the Jump. I would love to see him again in Jump Plus.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Eh, we got some character development last week. Rome was not built in a day.

Selling 3K in Jump is signifigantly worse than selling 3K anywhere else, you have to remember, a series will get a bigger visibility boost if they release in Jump, that's why Jump has high standards. MamaYuyu's debut would have been an instant hit in any other magazine, in Jump, it was only so-so. SE probably wouldn't have even charted on SQ.
yeah this is what a lot of people dont see. WSJ being the largest magazine means that their sales expectations are higher as there's much more eyes in them. Other magazines with less circulation obviously don't need as much but otherwise you won't get lots of people reading your manga in comparison and have to be lucky to get an anime exploding and boosting your manga.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That's a myth, specially in current times, things are not going to sell more or be more visible just because its on WSJ just like Jump Plus have series reaching higher number of viewers per chapter than people buying Jump but many still wouldnt sell 30k, and the point of my comment is that SE might just perform better in the long run in a magazine where the right audience is there and also taking in count the series would be different as monthly.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
Bottom three for this week:
Nue
Dear Anemone
GGG
We are really getting the same trio at the bottom, these series ar really on axe watch they dont move from there, and it seem sports manga really don't work on jump these days

monstera11

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wow, Jujutsu Kaisen all the way down there.
It is still a 6th place not counting CP and unranked series.

Unironically super soulful, I hope it's good enough to stick around a while.

If nothing else, next axe round probably isn't for three series
So I guess Kawae has a little extra time to start wrapping things up if it continues ranking like this

Dear Anemone, on the other hand, could not be more in the rough
I hear the mangaka deleted all posts mentioning the series on their twitter
That is so sad. Dear Anemone is really not a bad 1st series. The author should still be proud. He has done better than so many other people
--- Double Post Merged, ---

We are really getting the same trio at the bottom, these series ar really on axe watch they dont move from there, and it seem sports manga really don't work on jump these days
I hope they only do 2nd rounds and wait until Biyori and Necromance gets ranked though. It will be a shame to axe Nue just because of bad luck that the magazine got too stacked.

Cerclox

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
This week's chapter completes My Hero volume 41, I think it's pretty fair to say it will end with volume 42

Velx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
I'm glad that the magazine found an author who will replace the UU author with terrible color pages when UU ends.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Finally one week away from the big question:

Will they give anniversary cover to Nue too or wil Nak deem it of not worthy?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No color page on chapter 49 or 50 is a good sign since if they would just give a regular cp, they would much probably give for either this or next chapter, also a post chapter 50 regular anniversary cp is rare to happen, only HSF, RxL and Samon-kun in the last 10+ years (Yuuna got a lead cp), but we will see what happens next week.

Kurama58

Reaction score
Country
France
No color page on chapter 49 or 50 is a good sign since if they would just give a regular cp, they would much probably give for either this or next chapter, also a post chapter 50 regular anniversary cp is rare to happen, only HSF, RxL and Samon-kun in the last 10+ years (Yuuna got a lead cp), but we will see what happens next week.
I don't think they would give a cover for a series that rank poorly on TOC, i found it weird that kill blue got one despite the decline in sales but at least it got ranked well on toc most of the time