Group - Group A Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Elfman Strauss

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Gildarts Clive

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Warrod Sequen

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Wolfheim

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: May 8th, 2016.Voting will end on: May 9th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Group A

Name: Elfman Strauss
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Take Over- Full Body Take Over, Beast Soul

Elfman Strauss is a mage from the Fairy Tail guild, and an accomplished user of Take Over magic. Being especially proficient with Beast Arm and Beast Soul Take Overs, Elfman has a variety of take overs which can increase his strength, speed, endurance and his senses such as smell, making him a varied and tasking opponent for anyone to come up against.

Name: Gildarts Clive
Magic: Crash magic, Disassembly magic

Gildarts Clive is a renowned S Class mage of Fairy Tail and the guild’s 5th master. Gildarts is widely regarded as a strong mage, with powerful magic such as Crash Magic and Disassembly Magic in his arsenal, as well as having a mastery of hand to hand combat and immense magical power.

Name: Jacob Lessio
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Stealth, Transport

Jacob Lessio is one of the Spriggan 12 from the Alvarez empire, who is a master assassin specializing in Assassination magic like Stealth. Jacob can also use the magic 'Transport' to transport people to his own pocket dimension, and Jacob is also a master at hand to hand combat.

Name: Jellal Fernandes
Guild/Affiliation: Crime Sorcière
Magic: Heavenly Body Magic, Abyss Break

Jellal Fernandes is a former member of the 10 Wizard Saints who is currently a member and co-founder of Crime Sorcière. Jellal has shown tremendous mastery of Heavenly Body Magic, as well as showing himself to be an expert of hand to hand combat with a keen intellect.

Name: Sting Eucliffe
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: White Dragon Slayer Magic, Dragon Force

Sting Eucliffe is one of the five chosen Dragon Slayers destined to fight Acnologia. Wielding White Dragon Slaying Magic he learnt from the White Dragon Weisslogia as a 3rd Generation Dragon Slayer, Sting has powerful techniques such as Holy Breath and Holy Nova to go with his expertise in hand to hand combat and other enhanced attributes that come with being a Dragon Slayer and the powerful ability Dragon Force.

Name: Warrod Sequen
Guild/Affiliation: Magic Council, Ten Wizard Saints
Magic: Green Magic

Warrod Sequen is one of the founding members of Fairy Tail and one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Ishgar. He wields Green magic, which he can use to create different plants for different purposes, including travelling and in certain cases, attacking.

Name: Wendy Marvell
Magic: Sky Dragon Slayer Magic, Dragon Force

Wendy Marvell is one of the five chosen Dragon Slayers destined to fight Acnologia. Wendy wields Sky Dragon Slaying Magic as a 1st Generation Dragon Slayer, knowing powerful techniques like Sky Dragon's Wave Wind and Dragon Slayer's Secret Art: Shattering Light – Sky Drill, as well as having the ability to cast enchantments and enter Dragon Force.

Name: Wolfheim
Guild/Affiliation: Magic Council, Ten Wizard Saints
Magic: Beast Transformation

Wolfheim is one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Ishgar, holding the third rank in the Ten Wizard Saints. Wolfheim’s magic allows him to transform into a large, strong beast, and he has also shown to have impressive endurance when fighting.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted for Jellal,Wendy,Sting and Warrod.I think they should proceed.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Considering who is in the group, I'd have to say that the first certainty (imo) of getting in would have to be Jellal. He's shown to have a lot of magic power, and with a wide and varied range of magic with powerful spells like Grand Chariot, Sema and Abyss Break as well as Meteor to increase his speed and his hand to hand combat skills, I'd say Jellal has what it takes on paper to take this. Looking at his feats in the manga, the most recent of which is one-shotting a Spriggan, which is an impressive feat for anyone to pull off, and also considering what else he's shown, I'd say he's definitely able to proceed.

The second mage I'd think would go through would be Gildarts. He's shown previously that he's got impressive magical power, very good hand to hand combat skills and some strong magic to boot as well as some good endurance etc., he should be able to keep fighting long enough to go through.

The third mage I think would go through would be Sting. Being a Dragon Slayer, he's got enhanced senses, strength, endurance etc., and with White Drive and Dragon Force to power him up mid-battle, he should be able to power through. Given his magic is also regarding light in a sense, he'd possibly be able to undo Jacob's stealth in the Battle Royale and thus make it easier to fight Jacob for example. Sting definitely has the potential to go through imo.

The final mage who would go through imo, and this is a close one, would be Wolfheim. He's got decent endurance, only being undone by an onslaught from God Serena, and seeing he's a Wizard Saint, he could be able to do more than what we've seen, but based on his endurance, he barely gets in over Wendy and Jacob imo.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I can't see how Sting would best Jacob tbh. Even if Jacob could possibly track Jacob, it doesn't change that it'll be incredibly difficult, especially since Jacob can keep teleporting around and can even do same to Sting to disorient him. And we can't forget that Jacob actually matched Natsu in hand to hand combat for some time. Natsu may not have been going all out, but his going all out is using FDKM which is a world of difference compared to his normal self as see when he fought Ikutsatsunagi
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The people I think will go through are Jellal, Gildarts, Jacob and either wolheim or Warrod. Probably the former since warrod's Magic doesn't exactly seem suited for battle.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
The people I think will go through are Jellal, Gildarts, Jacob and either wolheim or Warrod. Probably the former since warrod's Magic doesn't exactly seem suited for battle.
Same here. I voted for the same people. Jellal and Gildarts definitely pass. I give Jacob and Wolfheim my vote because of their title. Jacob is a Spriggan and Wolfheim is a Wizard Saint (Gods of Ishgar).

Last edited:

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
My votes in order:

1). Jellal
In my opinion, Jellal is the strongest participant in this battle. His feats surpasses most of his opponents. His magic is without a doubt the most powerful one in this fight, based on AoE and spell diversity. I also think Meteor will be a major factor in a battle royale, because he could blitz most of his opponents. His spell like Grand Chariot and Sema could defeat half of the participants and bring a lot damage to the others.

2). Jacob
I didn't rank him as the strongest based on his intelligence. But we all can say that his magic is really hax. If no one is fast enough to stop him, he could easily oneshot them all thanks to Transport (but yeah we still have fast mages like Jellal and Wendy). If Jacob uses Stealth, he becomes a really dangerous opponent.

3). Gildarts
Don't need to say a lot about him, he is without a doubt one of the strongest mages in this fight. His magic is very powerful and would bring him in an advantage in a battle royale. I'd still rank him below Jellal and Jacob, though.

4). Wolfheim
We haven't seen a lot about him, but his Beast Soul looks really powerful to me. Since he is a God of Ishgar, I don't doubt about it that he's stronger than the other opponents.

These are my votes!

Last edited:

Coné

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
My votes in order:

1). Jellal
In my opinion, Jellal is the strongest participant in this battle. His feats surpasses most of his opponents. His magic is without a doubt the most powerful one in this fight, based on AoE and spell diversity. I also think Meteor will be a major factor in a battle royale, because he could blitz most of his opponents. His spell like Grand Chariot and Sema could defeat half of the participants and bring a lot damage to the others.

2). Jacob
I didn't rank him as the strongest based on his intelligence. But we all can say that his magic is really hax. If no one is fast enough to stop him, he could easily oneshot them all thanks to Transport (but yeah we still have fast mages like Jellal and Wendy). If Jacob uses Stealth, he becomes a really dangerous opponent.

3). Gildarts
Don't need to say a lot about him, he is without a doubt one of the strongest mages in this fight. His magic is very powerful and would bring him in an advantage in a battle royale. I'd still rank him below Jellal and Jacob, though.

4). Wolfheim
We haven't seen a lot about him, but his Beast Soul looks really powerful to me. Since he is a God of Ishgar, I don't doubt about it that he's stronger than the other opponents.

These are my votes!
I mostly agree with this. I don't see how Sting, Wendy and Elfman could come close to these 4, and Warrod being weaker than Wolfheim is canon. Sting might eventually surpass Wolfheim when he gets his Spriggan battle, but until then, this is my choice.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Jellal, Gildarts and Jacob were locked in straight away. The 4th pick is a bit of a toss-up between 4 characters who've been beaten by Spriggans, and Elfman who hasn't fought yet. I'm going with reputation here and selecting Wolfheim.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
2). Jacob
Just on the point of Jacob's Transport, we've got a limitation on how long he can have people in the other dimension; its only temporary, so depending on who he transports he'll either have an easier time or a harder time. You can read about that and other character limitations in our tournament rules and info thread.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Group A Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

Gildarts Clive
  • Ace of Fairy Tail / S-Class Mage (Strongest Mage of the Strongest Guild)
  • Undefeated (Never Lost a Fight except against Acnologia)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Crash Magic and Disassembly Magic (Powerful Spells)
  • Hype (No Appearance in Current Arc)
Jellal Fernandes
  • Leader of Crime Sorcière (Strongest of the Guild)
  • One-Shot Neinhart (Spriggan Level)
  • Excels in Attack, Endurance, Stamina, Speed, Versatility, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Heavenly Body Magic like Meteor, Grand Chariot, and Sema (Powerful Spells)
Wolfheim
  • God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #3)
  • Excels in Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and Speed (Average Stats)
  • Beast Transformation Magic (Decent Spells)
  • Faced God Serena (Powerful Opponent)
Warrod Sequen
  • God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #4)
  • Excels in Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Average Stats)
  • Green Magic (Decent Spells)

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
First Place: Gildartz Clive

Second Place: Wolfheim

Third Place: Wendy Marvell

Fourth Place: Warrod Sequen

Fifth Place: Jellal Fernandes

Sixth Place: Jacob Lessio

Seventh Place: Sting Eucliffe

Eighth Place: Elfman Strauss

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Wolfheim
  • God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #3)
  • Excels in Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and Speed (Average Stats)
  • Beast Transformation Magic (Decent Spells)
Warrod Sequen
  • God of Ishgar (Wizard Saint Rank #4)
  • Excels in Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Average Stats)
  • Green Magic (Decent Spells)
They both lost against God Serena though and don't forget that Jacob was going to step in when Serena was apparently defeated. Something he wouldn't have done if he didn't have confidence he could best them despite seeing how they beat God Serena

How can Wendy be above Sting (who also has DF), Jellal who literally one shotted a spriggan when he got pissed and Jacob who was able to hold his own against Natsu and then leave him clueless while using his Stealth? Same for Warrod. Let's not forget this is a battle royale. Jacob would have a field day using stealth to phase in and out between the opponents and they'll have a hard time tracking him. Plus these characters are fighting to win so there's no holding back.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
They both lost against God Serena though and don't forget that Jacob was going to step in when Serena was apparently defeated. Something he wouldn't have done if he didn't have confidence he could best them despite seeing how they beat God Serena
Jacob was also ready to go against Acnologia and i doubt that he would be able to do anything to him (his confidence means nothing) .
And Jacob have restrictions on his powers so it's quite possible that Wolfheim and Warrod can beat him ;)

My votes on this one : Gildarts , Jacob , Wolfheim , Jellal ( not in order ).
Most unlucky one : Elfman ( this guy would just get rape by everyone :P )

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jacob was also ready to go against Acnologia and i doubt that he would be able to do anything to him (his confidence means nothing) .
And Jacob have restrictions on his powers so it's quite possible that Wolfheim and Warrod can beat him ;)

My votes on this one : Gildarts , Jacob , Wolfheim , Jellal ( not in order ).
Most unlucky one : Elfman ( this guy would just get rape by everyone :P )
Fair point, but odds are Jacob would've been able to evade Acnologia and also attack for a while with his stealth. Acnologia won't be able to see him after all. Still, he'd barely witnessed anything from Acnologia at that point. He did see the powers of the gods of ishgar. Also August didn't stop him because he didn't think he'd be up to the task but because he knew Serena could solo them with his multiple DS Magic.

Jacob does have restrictions, but it's only that he can permanently teleport them to another dimension. He doesn't need to do so.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Just on the point of Jacob's Transport, we've got a limitation on how long he can have people in the other dimension; its only temporary, so depending on who he transports he'll either have an easier time or a harder time. You can read about that and other character limitations in our tournament rules and info thread.
Yeah I saw the limitations after I posted my votes. But still, I haven't changed them because I still think Jacob's Stealth will be a major problem in a battle royale.

How could Wendy, Wolfheim and Warrod be stronger than Jellal? These three were pretty much owned by a Spriggan while Jellal defeated one. I agree with you that Wendy is above Sting, though.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Jacob's Stealth is a perfect counter to Wendy and Sting's dragon-like traits. Jacob can use his Stealth to make himself unseen so that Wendy and Sting can't detect where he is, and then he will just use the chance of either him contributing to taking down Wendy and Sting or him just waiting until the perfect time comes after other participants beat Wendy and Sting. In the latter circumstance, he will just take down the remaining five participants.

(Also, there is no sexy girl in this group, so I believe he can focus :teehee)

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts Clive
We all know that at least before the time-skip Gildarts was a force to be reckoned with who fought against Acnologia alone and lived to tell the tale, which in itself is a feat with a lot of value.
Jellal Fernandes
Already in the Alavarez arc, Jellal has one-shot a Spriggan which so far puts him on a very high tier.
Jacob Lessio
With his hax magic, the Spriggan 12's assasin can teleport people to his own dimension at his own leisure.
Wendy Marvell
After gaining the power of Dragon Force in my opinion she's become a Spriggan tier mage (my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.