Hangout - Manga Wars 2019 - Hangout | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manga Wars 2019 - Hangout

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Sky - kun
!!!!!!!!! you re so merciless

@Nii wheres your nomination :pout ?
Sorry Erin, don't think I have the time to properly campaign, that's why I thought it's better not to participate this round :( Wish you all a lot of fun though, and will definitely support your nomination :zomg

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The Manga will fight it out in the Campaigning thread.
So this means that we just have to make one post per round? Or are we actually fighting with multiple posts like we would be doing in the normal 1v1 battles?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So this means that we just have to make one post per round? Or are we actually fighting with multiple posts like we would be doing in the normal 1v1 battles?
Those are battle fields. Fight them all with the power of your own Manga.

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thats why i kept my post kinda short. :D (Ignoring the YT Video for bg music)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Dat campaigning thread... I pity those with poor bandwidth... :XD
If this was my old phone with 3g network few years back God knows how much time it would have taken to open the page.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
why not use spoiler tags?

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
:XD There’s actually a lot less campaigning going on then normal. At most, we have 2 posts per nomination with the least being none? While ordinarily you have a couple of pages worth of posts, gifs, and comments for each individual manga as people reflect the battle. I don’t think anyone considered that the new format would need a change in campaign style. Some people like lots of pictures and gifs. Some people like walls of text. Some people like discussion. Some people like to see people tear into the other’s nomination... (That wouldn’t be me, ofc) It’s really hard to do when it’s condensed down 26 people trying to advertise the best parts of their noms in one spot... Plus considering it’s more like the top 10 game then a 1vs1, it doesn’t favor the smaller series who normally would be campaigning their asses off to try to get to the next round against a large fan, favorite series. So the bigger series by default don’t have to campaign as much. It’s practically encouraging people to be either super spammy by grabbing your attention with big beautiful images and animated scenes or barely campaigning at all because there’s too much to look through. It’s a bit like you can’t see the Forrest for the trees. Very interested in seeing how this fairs as we proceed on. Because I personally would like to write and support other nominations on the thread but if I start posting large descriptions and fanart of Kimetsu, Soul Eater, Houseki... it feels like there is no room.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And Totsukuni!!!! :XD

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If i make it next round :arf ill post only pics, music & videos for your eyes zimbi-kun !
Well, it'd certainly be a bold strategy - posting music & videos for a manga wars thread - but only a tad more reckless than bolstering the main argument with images from deviant art
:whistle

May I suggest an alternative strategy?

Why not try to argue on what makes Totsukuni no Shoujo better than the other mangas listed?

The art style and character design are certainly more interesting than many of those listed - and, although few things are more beautiful to me than the art in Vagabond, at least there's a chance that it might actually get finished.
:invalid

The story sounds far more unique than mangas like Fairy Tail, Black Clover, or Hajime no Ippo are.
Also, the way that the story is told also appears to be quite different from the norm - making this to be [possibly] a rather interesting read (as who wants to read 15 versions of the exact same thing, by 15 different mangakas?!?).

From a cursory glance, it might make more sense to talk about how different Totsukuni no Shoujo is from most of the manga on that list - I'd argue that. The fact that it is so different is a far stronger argument for voting for it (as far as I'm concerned) than trying to go head to head on art with mangas like Vagabond or Berserk.
The art does look pretty nice in Totsukuni... however, I'd really not enter that fight if I were you

You've picked a manga which appears to be so different, in story, design, delivery, that it'd be a shame not to highlight these points.
I've not actually read that manga, but a quick looksie makes it seem like something I should do and really might enjoy.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well, it'd certainly be a bold strategy - posting music & videos for a manga wars thread - but only a tad more reckless than bolstering the main argument with images from deviant art
:whistle

May I suggest an alternative strategy?

Why not try to argue on what makes Totsukuni no Shoujo better than the other mangas listed?

The art style and character design are certainly more interesting than many of those listed - and, although few things are more beautiful to me than the art in Vagabond, at least there's a chance that it might actually get finished.
:invalid

The story sounds far more unique than mangas like Fairy Tail, Black Clover, or Hajime no Ippo are.
Also, the way that the story is told also appears to be quite different from the norm - making this to be [possibly] a rather interesting read (as who wants to read 15 versions of the exact same thing, by 15 different mangakas?!?).

From a cursory glance, it might make more sense to talk about how different Totsukuni no Shoujo is from most of the manga on that list - I'd argue that. The fact that it is so different is a far stronger argument for voting for it (as far as I'm concerned) than trying to go head to head on art with mangas like Vagabond or Berserk.
The art does look pretty nice in Totsukuni... however, I'd really not enter that fight if I were you

You've picked a manga which appears to be so different, in story, design, delivery, that it'd be a shame not to highlight these points.
I've not actually read that manga, but a quick looksie makes it seem like something I should do and really might enjoy.

:zomg I'm so happy that my humble pick reached your honored kokoro, Sir Zimby

Indeed Totsukuni art is prolly one of the most unique & "unconvenional" i came to see in manga (mentionned it in the campaign though) and most of the art i posted is official art/cover/ color pages from the manga, some are colored pages but still original art from the manga except a very few of them. The tea party is actually a special chapter i just made it into a collage to make it shorter and easier to post. Seems this kind of tales and this style art is the signature of the author (Nagabe).
Heres for some exple the coverof Hijoushoku to Gochisou one shot

or this from Liar princess and blind prince.

The fact that it is so different is a far stronger argument for voting for it (as far as I'm concerned) than trying to go head to head on art with mangas like Vagabond or Berserk.
well i wouldnt even try either, ill be burnt alive in Mh's pyre :feelsbadman

@Organizized wow you picked it up ! im so so glad, :zomg

Looking forward hearing some day your version of Siùil A Rùn !! if you do sing it some day, make sure im the 1st to listen to it

Sorry Erin, don't think I have the time to properly campaign, that's why I thought it's better not to participate this round :( Wish you all a lot of fun though, and will definitely support your nomination :zomg
too bad you couldnt make it i would have loved to see you around, miss you already. Great thanks again for your support, im sure you ll love it, at least so far, as the manga is still ongoing and only 30 chapters were released so far :zomg