Hangout - Manga Wars 2020 - Hangout | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Manga Wars 2020 - Hangout

ItsSamu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Act-Age up against crime fighting superheroes from the get-go? 😨 Now I just want to see Yonagi act in a superhero movie. It'll certainly be a tough first battle, gonna get that campaign ready.

Last edited:

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Act-Age up against crime fighting superheroes from the get-go? 😨 Now I just want to see Yonagi act in a superhero movie. It'll certainly be a tough first battle, gonna get that campaign ready.

When does round 1 kick off?
Sorry about that. I was the one who nominated MHA. Though I never heard of Act-Age. What's it about?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Sky So when my manga choice comes up, am I allowed to debate for it or do I have to let everyone else do it?

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I guess most of us on the SnK sub were too busy theorizing about genocide, ideological warfare, and sizable person aggression to actually nominate the manga here :cookiestare

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Oh boy, Dr. Stone vs FMA.

Sounds fun!

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
You'll probably learn about it in the thread. :nod
Well. Hopefully. * looks at @ItsSamu *
Wish I was earlier at getting it out but here's to hoping my campaign can give Act Age a fighting chance against MHA 🤞

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
The first round is over.

Here are the results!

Round 1
Oh well. I'll try again next year. Pretty close, though.

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Act-Age made it! Definitely a close one. Now that Haikyuu!! has ended Act-Age and My Hero Academia are probably my two favourites of WSJ right now so honestly wouldn't have minded either way.

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Act-Age made it! Definitely a close one. Now that Haikyuu!! has ended Act-Age and My Hero Academia are probably my two favourites of WSJ right now so honestly wouldn't have minded either way.
Say, weird question, but does Act-Age have any acting scenarios involving more "action", if you know what I mean? The images you showed off looked to be more slow, but I'm a little nervous I'd have a hard time getting into it if that was all it was.

ItsSamu

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Say, weird question, but does Act-Age have any acting scenarios involving more "action", if you know what I mean? The images you showed off looked to be more slow, but I'm a little nervous I'd have a hard time getting into it if that was all it was.
Yonagi acts in an action movie (similar to Battle Royale) early on if that is enough to convince you, but whenever the actors give their performances on stage/on camera it often gets dramatic/tense. I wouldn't say it's slow paced, it keeps changing with each new arc. Definitely not boring!

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
First i got my diploma just today, and now i see Rave managing to beat Berserk (albeit because of circumstances ..... its painful to see your fav manga go, once again, but im also happy that Rave got through), what a day.

Now onto the next phase which is going for a drink

And then prepare some campaign content for the next battle, or prepare whatever is left of it since i threw almost everything at Berserk lol

Also, thanks a lot for all those votes :^_^

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
First i got my diploma just today, and now i see Rave managing to beat Berserk (albeit because of circumstances ..... its painful to see your fav manga go, once again, but im also happy that Rave got through), what a day.

Now onto the next phase which is going for a drink

And then prepare some campaign content for the next battle, or prepare whatever is left of it since i threw almost everything at Berserk lol

Also, thanks a lot for all those votes :^_^
Double congratulations!

Me I'm already starting to dig my grave seeing I'm up against One Piece.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
I dunno how to feel about the fact pandora hearts passed with 1 point
On one hand I'm happy for pandora hearts as it's one of my favorite mangas, on the others hand it's rather bitter as the nominator didn't do anything while desin worked so hard