Events - Scavenger Hunt 2021 Info and Game Thread - Game Over: Results Out! | Page 26 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Events Scavenger Hunt 2021 Info and Game Thread - Game Over: Results Out!

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Right, the time has finally arrived... The time of judgement!

The answers have been tabled, the points distributed, the users ranked

and we finally have a winner!

1st Organizized 120 points
2nd Erinyes 114 points
4th Evil3ye and MArGi 108 points
5th BD_Beno 69 points
6th Gajeel 64 points
8th Copy Panda and scav 44 points
14th Raven, Equaling Heaven, sakura-aneki, Shad, SirSamuel016, and Pro123 19 points
15th digitaldude 13 points

Well done Organizized - and an extra congratulations to Erinyes, Evil3ye and MArGi... you have no idea how close it was at the end
(I even thought that Erin would snatch the victory, before the timer ended)

Awards will be distributed soon - please look forward to that
❤

... aaaaanyway, although the game is now over for all of you, I still have a lot of admin/tidying up to do

THANKS ALL FOR PLAYING
AFTER ALL THAT "FUN", I COULD REALLY MURDER A CURRY

Downloading songs required some serious after care, once upon a time
Answer

It may not taste the best, but it's good for you...maybe
Answer

Answer
If you hold on to LOVE, there's no chance to BREAK up

Hold your hands up high then swing them side to side
Answer

A bad guy stole my cellophane, then ran away screaming "free uzi!"
Answer

Answer

FF0000
Answer
I am the former of what goes ahead

I thought you had more experience in this
Answer
The first one had a Roman theme

...or maybe not - but the oldest one to be found is VII
Answer
The Rom-com where "all is fair in love and war"

A new heroine appears
Answer
Suggesting new things is always good

A succesful game, needs succesful roles
Answer

Answer

Only the best get crowned
Answer

Answer
A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet

Mr Benn's favourite place
Answer
Even at the end of things, Spanish people can find positivity in signs from above

Whoopi Goldberg really does have the voice for it
Answer

zimbardo cranks up the gramophone and relaxes at home
Answer
Daily practice leads to perfection

It took me 300 years to come up with this riddle
Answer

Answer
I just want to be happy...

Ascetic Monk
Answer

a fingernail is all you need
Answer

Caught between your creation and your lord...
Answer
ヾ(・ω・*)ノ

omegalul
Answer
I can kiss away the pain / I will stand by you forever

Idhaar la chicha do Pyaali chai
Answer
Disseram cuidado / tem jeito de anjo / mas ele é bandido

Misery ain't fun imo, amigo
Answer

That's not a goldfish~
Answer
An interesting twist, can give new life to a series

Surviving till you reach the desired ending with your companions
Answer
2 Europeans walk into a bar and start a fight with some Republicans

It's not Snowy when the dominatrix visits
Answer
Mr Door put down his scythe and tended to his hobby

Answer
Ranger Smith can no longer find his Berra

Answer
Tasty finger food

Eating dubious food can make you stronger
Answer
Dead, but not really

Uncertain future
Answer

Learn from the masters and perfect the art
Answer

A simple word and command would reduce that hollow feeling
Answer
Juliet tried it from both sides

A Man, a Plan, a Canal, Panama?
Answer
Ominous is the colour we wear, to find his chosen ones, regardless of bond

Before the ardent flames consumes and casts you out, repent!
Answer

Even at night dealing with Onions can be dangerous
Answer
Attack, Defence, Speed; every girl loves a Masked Rider

Three heads are better than one~
Answer
7 + 4

Answer
The best way to remove food is to eat it

You'll find me propped up next to the end
Answer
Not as old as Sean is - and yet far, far, greater

As each layer falls away, so does my faith in humanity
Answer
When dropped from a great height, just make sure to curl up into your shell and pray that the eagle isn't all that hungry

Dawson ships threads like this
Answer
Just take a look inside yourself and I'm sure you will see what you are looking for

Answer
***y* **r*

***t* ****r*

Answer
Franky couldn't understand anyone would want to force a Tide Pod up their bum

If at first you don't succeed, try Daz
Answer

You're looking for divine intervention
Answer
Start from the bottom

This is a fun community, heavily influenced by Japan
Answer
To judge the quality of a man

As the great general once noted: 'Revenge is a dish best felt warm'
Answer
Subaru made the woman wet

What's long, green and smells of pork?
Answer

Extra Riddle 1 said:
Why be stealthy when you carry a nuke in your back pocket?
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 2 said:
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 3 said:
It certainly broke me when he died
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 4 said:
Not even the BFG could beat the conqueror
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 5 said:
Playing sports when I should be playing with swords
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 6 said:
It's hard to rank mistakes like these
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 7 said:
By the 10th chapter, Scooby really had got this whole writing thing down to a fine art
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 8 said:
They say bad guys wear black, we prefer a more primary colour
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 9 said:
If anyone could fix my helicopter, Wagner can
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 10 said:
Vivienne's clothes regularly sing to me
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 11 said:
The hero's assistant: Banksy serves out justice
ANSWER

Extra Riddle 12 said:
Sometimes what's on the outside is far more artistic than the mess found within
ANSWER

Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Perhaps...
but digitaldude played the whole game on hard mode

Those 13 points are his and his alone
Yeah I’m definitely never NOT playing one of these in a team.

No one to share the dread and frustration with… :thornscream

How Icei managed to wash us all with no teammates… she’s a scary lady.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah I’m definitely never NOT playing one of these in a team.

No one to share the dread and frustration with… :thornscream

How Icei managed to wash us all with no teammates… she’s a scary lady.
You will always have us in the PMs! :zomg

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Thank you guys for playing 😊❤ So many of you definitely did really try till the very end, and it’s wonderful to see that.
It was really cool to see that even in the end, it wasn’t set in stone who would win this hunt (Erin was on a roll the last day for example and kept climbing up)

I hope we can do something like this in the future, with your feedback from this game in the end ofcourse.

And not to forget: @Organizized congratulations!! A well deserved win :blush

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Regarding Riddle 4, I thought it's a reference to the lover role in Mafia game, Since you can't break that tie and you both win or lose together, that's why i searched the Mafia section and i thought the item i found in the suggestion was related to it, but i knew it was related to the suggestion riddle 11 when hosts posted the 2nd half later in the day.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

OK, time for last :pjsalt post before officially mentally signing out.

Thanks mods for such a great and fun event. All of your effort and talent to organize such a layered and complex event really shined through. It was a pleasure having been part of this beautiful experience and most of all being robbed awarded with the very desirable fourth place! Really makes one feel like all of it was worth it! :hee

Couple suggestion from my bias self (ofc to be taken with some pinches of 🧂) maybe for future events of similar caliber.

- some of the best moments were really working as a team. Motivating each other, brainstorming together and just going through this together was an awesome experience that no one should miss out on. The advantagous postition in rankings for just having more scroll-manpower is just the icing on the cake, but looking at the results, shouldn't be underestimated. Perhaps you could consider having a full set of 3 as be requirement to sign up next time around.

- obviously mentioned multiple times throughout the event, the riddles are partly impossible to solve. You should consider a different peer-reviewal process. Having some solvable riddles among the batches has a huge motivational boost. So even if you group them together in difficulties, have some solvables among the harder rounds as well, also as a reward to sticking with the event for multiple days.

- changing process midway was a huge boot. I appreciate that you saw the feedback of difficulty curve and tried to actively tackle it, however it felt like a big mess that caused additional stress nobody signed up for.

That said, completely unironically saying once again, it was super...

As mentioned before, working in a team is always such an amazing experience and the only reason I signed up (still remembering my OG team from Golden Week 2011, shout out to fellow Charlie's Angels Falla and AI, wow ten years passed, RIP us :emocat)!

Actually solving riddles is so much fun! The kick when you find that goddamn thing after scrolling or several hours is such a joyous little moment, I totally forgot about it.

And last but not least the meming and publiclly complaining kinda made it so much more enjoyable here too, as there was a feeling of togetherness between all contestants! Hope you guys took it with the intended humour. ;)

Last edited:

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
So I feel like I should share how I felt about the game as it may help make future game better.

I think my main issue with the game was being afraid that the level of difficulty was artificially raised by hiding the treasures in threads with a lot of pages or maybe even inside a spoiler tag (somebody else even asked this few days ago) or few pages away from where the hint leads us too.

I'm not saying that the host did that, but since they didn't came out to let us know that they didn't, it was always a possibility.
If I had more trust I would have spent some time in D4 trying to solve riddles.

I think an improvement would be to build more trust, the hint hidden inside Weekly Shonen Jump had a good reason for being in page 1000 (record breaking hint), but it should have been followed by host confirming that this only happens in special cases and it is not the norm. I think sam gave up after that one xD

~

The number of riddles was big, which means it would have been more fun if the difficulty was lower, as the winners would still be able to find more treasures and win, while the looser would feel like they are making progress and would keep playing.

~

I will complain more... I mean explain why I lost... I mean give more constructive feedback later, meeting at work >.<

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Also, can we have a full matrix on who solved which riddles, and respectively which riddles weren't solved at all to publicly shame the riddle authors to have full closure once and for all? :hee

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Also, can we have a full matrix on who solved which riddles, and respectively which riddles weren't solved at all to publicly shame the riddle authors to have full closure once and for all? :hee
Publicly shame us for your lack of talent?!?
:invalid

Perhaps, depends if I can find some time to make it all look pretty (the table we used is a horrible hodgepodge of numbers and stars - hardly worth posting in its current state)

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
shout out to fellow Charlie's Angels Falla and AI
Yeah I think I've played all the previous versions of this game, and still hold great memories of it - like when we played together I was visiting Pirulito and he got hyped following our journey as well, or like when Van solved Zimbo's "Hell+sing" riddle - got that one imprinted on my brain, it was mindblowing.
In this first time being on the planning side, it saddens me a bit it wasn't as successful but I'm trying to look at the bright side of having the feedback and tools to be able to deliver the joys I've had in the past to other people.
Nonetheless, working with Boobs, Zimbo, Marmy, The Fiend~ and Zazu was amazing - you guys are so clever, easygoing and fun... so ty for letting me be a part of it and for bearing with me. It's impressive how much energy and work you guys can bring to this, 'cause you were so active and committed even tho you also have heavy routines in your ends... It was impressive to follow that.
And finally ty players for the ride. Even during stressful moments, you guys would also light up the place with some humor... Commending you guys for not dropping the ball and keeping a sportive spirit up.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Only if I'm not wrongly attributed to ones that got people salty again u.ú

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
In this first time being on the planning side, it saddens me a bit it wasn't as successful
I wouldn't fret it - I reckon it went pretty well

I certainly had fun

... ごめんよ
:emocat

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

In memoriam of panda team :zomg

1st of all congrats @Organizized @MArGi @Evil3ye and huge thanks to the staff and everyone who joined. :zomg Huge thxs to @Copy Panda & @scav they were really great team mates, very kind and funny. Special thxs to @MarmaladeSky for the set she took time to do for us despite being so busy, we really appreciated it a lot, ♥

I really enjoyed the game, i really had a blast. True riddles were really hard, and i know there s some i would never have solved, but that's the best part too, it's so rewarding to solve them that it worth all the sufferings. Mods were all really kind and supportive, i really enjoyed interacting with all of you! organization was flawless, and like Evil im happy, you were all attentive and added those extra time when needed and extra riddles to balance things. I enjoyed wandering in the forum, i m always pretty much visiting only the same places so i was like a kid in an amusement park checking out new places ( btw i understand now why @Sky won so many times the most pervert members award, those pics in his thread :arf) It was really a great game, players were all nice, i enjoyed reading everyone's funny coms in this threads, :teehee . honestly hats off, everyone it was funny, and enjoyable despite the frustration when failing to solve the riddles.

@Erinyes that catch-up is insane, amazing job indeed. :zomg (It’s the power of the hunt avatar, I know it!)

Btw, the Orgy is sandwiching Erin :hurr
Oh you... :arf

Dunno what you were drinking that day, but you should probably stop now LOL.

Thxs again, everyone !

NB - No hiatus next year, i hope :errr

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah I think I've played all the previous versions of this game, and still hold great memories of it - like when we played together I was visiting Pirulito and he got hyped following our journey as well, or like when Van solved Zimbo's "Hell+sing" riddle - got that one imprinted on my brain, it was mindblowing.
In this first time being on the planning side, it saddens me a bit it wasn't as successful but I'm trying to look at the bright side of having the feedback and tools to be able to deliver the joys I've had in the past to other people.
Nonetheless, working with Boobs, Zimbo, Marmy, The Fiend~ and Zazu was amazing - you guys are so clever, easygoing and fun... so ty for letting me be a part of it and for bearing with me. It's impressive how much energy and work you guys can bring to this, 'cause you were so active and committed even tho you also have heavy routines in your ends... It was impressive to follow that.
And finally ty players for the ride. Even during stressful moments, you guys would also light up the place with some humor... Commending you guys for not dropping the ball and keeping a sportive spirit up.

It not your fault farf we all know it the fiend who is to blame <3

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

In memoriam of panda team :zomg

1st of all congrats @Organizized @MArGi @Evil3ye and huge thanks to the staff and everyone who joined. :zomg Huge thxs to @Copy Panda & @scav they were really great team mates, very kind and funny. Special thxs to @MarmaladeSky for the set she took time to do for us despite being so busy, we really appreciated it a lot, ♥

I really enjoyed the game, i really had a blast. True riddles were really hard, and i know there s some i would never have solved, but that's the best part too, it's so rewarding to solve them that it worth all the sufferings. Mods were all really kind and supportive, i really enjoyed interacting with all of you! organization was flawless, and like Evil im happy, you were all attentive and added those extra time when needed and extra riddles to balance things. I enjoyed wandering in the forum, i m always pretty much visiting only the same places so i was like a kid in an amusement park checking out new places ( btw i understand now why @Sky won so many times the most pervert members award, those pics in his thread :arf) It was really a great game, players were all nice, i enjoyed reading everyone's funny coms in this threads, :teehee . honestly hats off, everyone it was funny, and enjoyable despite the frustration when failing to solve the riddles.

Oh you... :arf

Thxs again, everyone !

NB - No hiatus next year, i hope :errr
That sprint towards the end was so enjoyable to follow, Erin-chi, you kept us hooked!

It not your fault farf we all know it the fiend who is to blame <3
Lynch him D1 :fan

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Way hay and up she rises
Way hay and up she rises
Way hay and up she rises
Erinyes in the morning! 💓

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well since i did that mistake, I no longer angry at you. :hug

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Congratulations to @Organizized @Erinyes @Evil3ye and @MArGi!! Super impressive you guys managed to score ANY amount of points after the second day LOL. Especially you Eripan, you're a (coffee-drinking) beast! @scav my pan we had the fresh sets but those weren't enough to buff us :crying Truudje we tried. Kinda.

Finally, a big fuck thank you to the rest of the staff! Uh, considering the scoreboard, I think the game may kinda have been a little tad bit unplayable lol. Perhaps some of the information was a little too nebulous? How many riddles/hints were 'solved' rather than found through a brute force method, I wonder?

The memes and complaining were fun and made it worth it and grounded the whole thing tbh! Thank you for all the effort, everyone! I'm glad to have suffered together with you all :blush

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
problem with those riddles, if you dont know a specific series. you can't find them
the 7+4 riddle with many items, the first thing that came to my mind was stats, then rpg, then alchemy, then level up, forge, even looked up pokemon. stuff like the overgeared

but then what the hell is a mokushiroku no yonkishi ?