Games - Fate/Grand Order | Page 120 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Fate/Grand Order

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finished Atlantis last night in my, at this point somewhat pathetic, quest for more free SQ.

My late impressions of the story, I liked it overall.

Orion and Charlotte were the best parts but a good cast overall. Didn't love the whole mecha side of it. That made their approach to the greek gods seem less personal that I would have preferred. So it was largely reduced down to just Orion and Artemis. Could have done with a lot more like the segment with Astraea. Some good moments in there just the same.

Villains were really weak. I could tell this was a part 1 of a larger story. Odysseus and Charon were kind of lame to be honest. The threat of space Artemis wasn't bad though. Just didn't have the cast to make that fully work.

Last half of the story was stuffed with a bit too much filler, just in general. They got pretty self indulgent with the dialogue too. Espeically with Odysseus. He's really one of those Fate characters that says a lot and none of it matters.

Overall I still liked it though. Probably my second favorite Lostbelt behind the Skadi one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Only halfway trough, but I think the antagonist of Olympus are handled better then Atlantis.

Anyway, still no0 luck getting Summer Brynhild. On the plus side, thanks to the new extreme quests, I was able to get Illya to lv 70, and refill a little on QP.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did it!!!:cookiearf

Somehow. 3sq at a time. Squeezed from every single place in my account it could be squeezed. I don't even know how much and I don't want to know because... Kiara NP2!!

The final total..

Illya NP4
Bryn NP5
8 five star event CEs
15 four star event CEs
28 threes star event CEs

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So as a result of finally getting my Kiara summer built to a point I'm satisfied with I'm able to test out and compare all the big names in Black Grail + Double Castoria looping. It's interesting to see how they all work just a bit differently and have strengths and weaknesses.

Space Ishtar is still the most reliable and user friendly but needs to activate all 3 skills to work properly. One of those has an 80% chance to activate too. So you can lose a bit of power when you don't get the arts buff from that.

Summer Musashi is still the fastest. Since if she works she only has 1 skill to activate but struggles the most against strong waves. Because she can't spike her damage up as much as the others and doesn't have an NP charge to help when something goes wrong.

Summer Kiara is the toughest and may actually hit the boss wave the hardest of anyone. She also takes the most investment. Because not only does she need 10/10/10, she needs the 20% from maxed mana loading in order achieve 50% charge on turn one with her second skill. The upside is if something goes wrong Kiara takes that the most gracefully since she is by far the best at staying alive.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did one multi on the first banner, still no summer Brynhildr but got Kiara to NP4.

So did seven multis on the second banner, got both Abi and Murasaki along with bunch of Tomoes... I now have both versions of Tomoe at NP5.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I gotta admit, as an Emiya family fan, what stood out to me the most are Emiya's clear references to Fate/Stay Night. Like how he commented that Servants are proud when their Master trusts them enough to let them catch him/her (as in when Rin jumped of the huge building).

Even better when he cringed hard after Yu Mei-Ren fought her clone and realized it's pointless :XD He's been the best Servant this event for me anyway, more chill, smart, and funny. He didn't lie when he said his new clothes make him more easy-going :3

P.S: Kiara and Abby are good too, and I really enjoyed the references to the various horror movies. The Shinining chapter was on point.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I gotta admit, as an Emiya family fan, what stood out to me the most are Emiya's clear references to Fate/Stay Night. Like how he commented that Servants are proud when their Master trusts them enough to let them catch him/her (as in when Rin jumped of the huge building).

Even better when he cringed hard after Yu Mei-Ren fought her clone and realized it's pointless :XD He's been the best Servant this event for me anyway, more chill, smart, and funny. He didn't lie when he said his new clothes make him more easy-going :3

P.S: Kiara and Abby are good too, and I really enjoyed the references to the various horror movies. The Shinining chapter was on point.
That's the Emiya fan coming out alright. :XD

Don't get me wrong I'm enjoying him in this event as well but Yu, Kiara, Abby, and Illya are the four MVPs for me. Yu in particular. Her constant dying is a great running gag. And the part were Yu had it "figured out" was hilariously funny. She found a way to disgust Kiara!

Abby is a more evil version of herself this event but as usally it's a pretty adorable evil. And the Illya reaction shots are always gold.

I actaully wasn't too excited when I heard Yu was going to be the summer servant but the way they wrote her in this was much more entertaining than in her Lostbelt.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tried two last multi, got another Murasaki but still no Brynhildr... welp, guess I'll try again next year. As an aside, this is probably the first time I gotten multiple copies of the event CEs all maxed out.

Interesting, Yu with double Castoria still ended up three turning the last boss of the main storyline. I've been enjoying her kit, can't wait to see what she does at NP5.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've completed everything, except the event epilogue naturally, and switched back to clearing Olympus. Having Musashi around is such a point of strength for an arc. And the antagonists are a clear improvement. Even though I still don't care for this sci-fi take on greek gods.

As someone who goes into most story content blind. I'm also finding a front line of Kiara Summer, Castoria, and Tamamo are pretty amazing as a general content team. My desperate efforts to gain sq feel worthwhile!

Just reached 7-2...

Goddamn FGO, why would you make me bring a servant to stiff fight that doesn't have class advantage!? Did they let the Camalot designer run free again to design sadistic crap? Is that what this is? His, or her, new way of venting his frustration on all of us. I mean, if they really want them there for lore reasons how about giving them enough buffs to where they aren't dead weight. They didn't even fou the character up. Why??? :arf
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Beat 7-2 on the third try.

Astolpho once again rides in to save the day. Not a servant I've had occasion to use much but sometimes you really appreciate defense ignoring NPs. Especially ones with 3 evades glued to it.

Last edited:

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finished the event yesterday, though still farming for a fifth drop of the event CE. The challenge quest ended up being easier then I thought it would be. Used Kiara with double Castoria, with Tamano and MHXX as backup. I expected that I would have to use my command seals to continue the fight, since my Kiara is only at lv80 with 7/6/6 skills, but Kiara managed to hang in there and bring me the win. Castoria obviously helped, and Tamamo's healing was a lifesaver. Honestly, MHXX wasn't needed, probably could have replaced her with Jeanne or Merlin.

Also, my Castoria is already at bond 6 lol.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't tried it yet. I usually don't do challenge quests but I could use that lore... hearing it's not too ridicious maybe I should.:hmm

Anyway, as you would imagine from my sq farming. I have Castoria and Kiara bond 6.:hee

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hey people, I am back, after what, almost a year?

Not that stopped me from playing fgo (unlike real life ho ho)

So to sumarize....

-Got Altera purelly for waifus reasons on the 5* Ticket. Grailed her to 100
-Gilgamesh finally came in the last year GSSR
-Randomilly got Xiang Yu NP 2, which is fine cause I love him
-Saber DIa, Summer Medb, Summer Okita, Summer Osakabe, Caenis and Calamity have joined the 4 star ranks
-Got Summer Musashi in a few quartz
-For the first time ever, I got a 5* to np2 in one 10x, said SSR being Voyager (love the Little Prince)
-Got Castoria in the last 10 tickets they gave.
-AND QIN SHIN HUANG CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME IN THIS YEAR PAID GACHA HELL YEAH

Also grailed Mandricardo to 90 because he is best fucking boy

Emiya was by far the best part of the EVENT, I saw a comment that really sumarized it to me: EMIYA finally got the chance to just be Adult Shirou.
That being said, the event felt very...loosely put together to me, it was very confusing in a not good way, and the random interludes felt like they added almost nothing to the plot. It also left the main topic of the event, the relationship between Xu Fu (MAKE HER SUMMONABLE LASANHA) and Yu to the very end. Also, while she is waaaay better developed, and the ending dialogue of her dancing to Xiang Yu was great, this did feel a bit like a Septmen 2.0, wanking the main girl even though she doesnt feel like she deserves it

I know I'm probably super late in realizing this but... I've been pretty much ignoring Append skills since they came out. No longer. Because it just dawned on me that with the 10% from the first level on Mana Loading any arts servant with a 50% NP charge can turn one NP in a double Castoria setup from the 20%x2 you get from the second skills while saving that 30% NP gain buffs for future turns. Making the 3 turn looping just rock solid while completely opening up what CE you equip.

Was just using my limit broken Black Grail like that on Space Istar.

She really does take looping to a whole other level.
Really liked they put those early in NA.

The 20% NP, however, is ungodly stronger than the other 2. Considering all we have to get in order to get those skills, I really feel like skills 1 and 3 could be way better.

Also, anyone has any projects to 120 any servant? I kinda would do it to Cu, but at the same time....its such a large ammount of resources...

Despite how long that board game took. I found the new structure of that event pretty fun. A nice shake up to the formula.
I kinda liked it, until I realized you had to fall into the same spaces a fuckton of times.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought about taking Moedred to 120 but decided against it. I'd rather use my grails to take a variety of characters to 100 instead. Feel like that's a better use of resources.

And welcome back Kato!

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Astrea just randomilly came home

CONTEXT:
Saint Seiya is a manga/anime that is all about armors based on constellations, and was THE hot shit on Brazil in the 90s, second only to Dragon Ball itself.
And as a Libra, who has the best fucking armor, I just came to love scale-based characters

So, yey

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naturally, I've been funneling all remaining SQ I come across as I go through Olympus into the Abby banner because... well..

How could I not? And my luck is starting to come back because I got her!! Which I'm super happy about, While I'm not unaware she's terrible from a gameplay standpoint. With an NP that hits like a gentle breeze on a warm day. I don't care. I'll find a way to make her work... somehow.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Naturally, I've been funneling all remaining SQ I come across as I go through Olympus into the Abby banner because... well..

How could I not? And my luck is starting to come back because I got her!! Which I'm super happy about, While I'm not unaware she's terrible from a gameplay standpoint. With an NP that hits like a gentle breeze on a warm day. I don't care. I'll find a way to make her work... somehow.
I've been having fun teaming her up with OG Abby and Merlin. Not as great as Hokusai, but so far, fount her good enough to eliminate the second round of enemies before OG Abby deals with the third.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been having fun teaming her up with OG Abby and Merlin. Not as great as Hokusai, but so far, fount her good enough to eliminate the second round of enemies before OG Abby deals with the third.
I guess that's right... and with her 50% NP battery if you append up her mana loading for another 20% she really doesn't need much to get off her first NP does she. I can work with that. :hmm

Well finally finished up Olympus. It was good overall...

It tied the Skadi lost belt for me in terms of being the one I liked the most, I think.

In terms of strengths I thought Musashi was the MVP. Her story was great. Though I wasn't ready to say goodbye.:emocat

The Olga Marie thing is also great. I was a big fan of that. Also the Koyanskaya thing. Some awesome villain hype.

The crypters were more interesting in this than any previous lostbelt as well. They did a lot of interesting things with them. Some worked better than others. They took Kirschtaria in a very different direction than I was expecting, which I liked a great deal. Still not a character I'm wow'd by but him and Caenis were interesting. Which was more than I was expecting. Pepe and Ophelia are in my opinion still the best. But all of them got some improvement. Even Consort Yu because I was playing the summer event at the same time. I guess Daybit is still a question mark though.

Regarding weaknesses, not going to mince words about the sci-fi take on the Olympians. I think that sucked ass. Not a fan of any part of that. They would have been such better characters had they not all "also been spaceships". Which I think was goofy and stupid. There was such potential there and it felt so squandered.

Also they need to stop giving Limbo so much dialogue. He never says anything worth reading. Ever. If they want to do the comical evil clown thing that's fine. Don't waste hours of my time reading his dialogue interrupting more interesting dialogue. Ruining a scenes pacing, over and over again. It needs to stop. Your story already has an evil sadist in Koyanskaya, why the hell do you need another worse one? Editor, sort this shit out please!! :notlikethis

Inspired by @Rikudou King I gave the challenge quest a shot. Pretty fun. Not too bad difficulty-wise. I went through it with Kiara, Castoria, Tamamo. They were able to get through it with no deaths or plugsuit swap outs. Abby was waiting in the back line and never got a chance to do anything.

It really reminded me how much I like using Tamamo. Outside of 3 turning, her and Castoria together feel so strong.

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Holy fucking shit

Holy
Fucking
Shit

SUMMER PROTO MERLIN AND REGULAR ARCUIED WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Berserker 2 is incredible.
Saber 2, Lancer 2, and Extra 5/6 are the ones I will go for in this distant future

HOLY SHIT I GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

I GOT FUJINO, THE RAREST SERVANT IN THE GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ON THE 5 TIX ON THE MONTHS NO LESSSS YEAAAAAH

[I have never read/watched kara no kyoukai, I just like collecting the servants]

Really liked Atlantis, but mostly because of its quest. The go around to go around to go around nature of it was kinda meh, though it was nice of them to show how fucking dificult it even was to just MAKE it into Olympus. Achilles summoning Hektor who then lends Durandal to Mandricardo had me actually fanboying, like HOLY FUCKING SHIT. Olympus is overall great EXCEPT FOR CHAOS. That was one of the most egregious examples of Diavolus ex machina that Ive ever seen.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm more excited about the new ascention rewards and lores we're going to get for ascending characters. Also the card system changes are pretty cool. Quick teams are getting a pretty huge buff.

Also did Arcuied always look so much like Jeanne @Nii? :hmm

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm more excited about the new ascention rewards and lores we're going to get for ascending characters. Also the card system changes are pretty cool. Quick teams are getting a pretty huge buff.

Also did Arcuied always look so much like Jeanne @Nii? :hmm
Yeah more lores is much appreciated, FGO definitely was in need of more, especially for people who don't really bother with challenge quests, like me lately :XD

You think they look that much alike? Must be her long-hair version and the fact that Arcueid now has the modern Takeuchi face too, and those do look kinda same-y (which is a common complaint or joke :amuse). Personally I like her design quite a bit, though it's obviously short-haired Arcueid for me. Really cool that we already got her, I assume the collab won't happen before the second half of the remake is out, though you never quite know. After the last two disappointing collaborations, it's high time for something big again next year.