Games - The Pokémon Thread | Page 56 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The Pokémon Thread

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I absolutely adore Pokemon Legends so far!

I'm up to the pointy end of the main game but it's been one hell of a ride! Graphical gripes aside, a Pokemon game hasn't felt this fresh in decades and shows the potential the series have when stepping away from the traditional formula. The BOTW style gameplay serves the setting well, as does the monster hunter-esqe world segments. I genuinely haven't had this much fun with a Pokemon game in a long time, and I'd be happy to see them expand on this game with DLC or produce another installment; there are rumours of DLC already so we could potentially get another region or two to explore; would also be smooth enough to execute with this format.

Also love the OST so far, I can't get enough of Jubilife Village.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yesterday I went to Jubilife Village and left the game open while doing housework. The music just makes me feel so much at ease. It's at Animal Crossing levels of chill.

I'm also totally pre-ordering any plausible DLCs. Really, this is the way for Pokemon in the future.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Even the fights are so much better. The balancing might need a lot of twerking… And tbh there is way too much empty space. As in either do more villages or spawn more Pokémon but all in all this is the best Pokémon game in ages.
And I liked Sword/Shield a lot.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm not through with the main story yet, but maybe near the end and got quite surprised by some turns it took. That literally never happened so far, so I am in awe that they managed to introduce some actual RPG type of story elements.

Also wish there would be more towns as the main town and two other clan camps are not really doing it for me, but aside from that and graphics i thought it's a pretty smooth game.

Love the increased difficulty, albeit trainers are still not that challenging.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I've now played thorough the main story. I have done most of the quests, expect for the "Koroks" and the final post-game main quest fight - I was totally under leveled when I gave it a first shot.

Great game over all. Could have some more interactive stuff to discover, like a village or two. Maybe in DLC.

The story was mixed for me. While I were more surprised than in any other Pokemon game, I was still bothered by the fact some character actions didn't make much sense in the context of the whole story. Also
Three suprise twist villains in a row. That's just silly
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The true villain of the game is Bagin though.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

So yeah the new gen dropped - Pokemon Scarlet & Violet.

Looks like it's like a hybrid of SwSh and Arceus. Some areas looked like they were copy pasted from Legends Arceus. This also indicates no DLC most likely :(

Starters:

I think the cat is adorable. The crocodile is also pretty cute. The duck is okay too.

The other Pokemon news that game out:

- Alola comes to Pokemon Go
- New trainers and a new mode in Pokemon Masters
- New pokemon and features in Pokemon Cafe Remix
- Duradon comes to Pokemon Unite, highlighted the current event
- Shaymin summoning item coming to BDSP
- Legends Arceus got it's first free update. New quest line and some features

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
its really time for a new pokemon? wow

also, wheres switch 2, i feel the hardware is keeping pokemon from looking like FF14 and other open world games

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Watched the new trailer. I find it weird how Nemona somehow looks older than the MCs?(Who look way too young IMO)

Not particularly impressed by the Legendaries but I prefer the one in Violet.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Violet for me too. Those hot young professors :hurrgasm

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I think the legendaries are fucking awesome, professors are hot and Lechonk is perfect.

The human designs are pretty cool. Reminds me of New Snap, and I did love that art direction.

Based on the updated entries on Pokemon.com I predict:

- Quaxley final evo water/fighting rockabilly thug
- Fuecoco -> fire/steel, solar panel theme
- Sprigatito -> grass/fairy

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Looking at them more I might like Koraidon more after all.

Quaxly's design is my favorite among the starters. As for the professor I find Sada's outfit very strange :D. A cavewoman outfit with a lab coat? :XD.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
- Quaxley final evo water/fighting rockabilly thug
- Fuecoco -> fire/steel, solar panel theme
- Sprigatito -> grass/fairy
Interesting second type cycle idea. Water/Fighting for sure makes sense to me as I was imaging the duck to go into a don quixote direction with a stick or sword when I first saw it.

Low key want the fire dragon thing to actually turn into a snake to continue the chinese horoscop line, just please, please don't turn them bipedal. :uguu

This might be one of those gens where I might take grass starter though (I'm water 80% of the times). The kitty is so cute and fairy would be perf!!

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yeah, Quaxleys entry gives so strong emphasis on fighting with their strong legs, that I'm 100% they are gonna be water fight. Other emphasis on a secreted gel used for keeping their feathers clean and head coil in order leads me to believe rockabilly or Latino dancing (which also could be 'fighting' kinda like Vega in SF).

Fuecocos yellow squares are essentially solar panels and Sprigatito has to do with aromas which is usually a fairy thing. And that rounds up nicely to basicly a double weakness cycle.

Still not sure on Sprigatito overall theme though. But since their special move is kneading their paws, aka "making biscuits", and they deal with aromas and fragrances, then maybe patisserie or baker? Perfumer seems bit too specific, especially when there already is a perfume fairy Pokemon.

I'm leaning towards choosing Fuecoco right now. Love that goofy face. But all depends on final evo and stats.

Faust

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Starters will be shiny-locked as usual?

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
No idea, had never interest in shiny hunt.

I am undecided on the starter, will definitely have to wait for the final starters reveal.

In Sword I thought I had to ditch Inteleon midway, as it was just too weird looking, so hoping this time around will have more fun with starter mon.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It's settled - we are playing it co-op and will get both versions. Lucky me.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well as always, gonna start with the fire starter, unless the final form of one of the other two is really cool looking. Neither legendary grab me, so probably will wait to see what other pokemon are version exclusive.

Evil3ye

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
It's settled - we are playing it co-op and will get both versions. Lucky me.
This double pack looks rat af, I kinda wanna get it for myself and nephews too. :XD

The co-op is gonna be like the shitty one in Let'sGo though?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This double pack looks rat af, I kinda wanna get it for myself and nephews too. :XD

The co-op is gonna be like the shitty one in Let'sGo though?
No details yet, but based on the trailer, no. It looked like 4 players were pretty much going independently around the shared map, each playing on their own.

But who knows. It's Game Freak.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I like what I have seen of Scarlet-Violet in today's presentation but I find it kinda strange that they announced the Legendaries as mounts.

Does it mean that we get them early in the series unlike other Legendaries?