Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 30 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In fact, it will likely come back in the future
Kurama will come back but instead of being a Jinchuriki again he is going to be trapped in Himawari's stuffed animal version of Kurama.

Chibi Kurama is inevitable.

Australopithecus

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Personally I am more of a fan of the Boruto anime than I am the Boruto manga.
Yes it is much slower but I like the chill aspect of it and I like getting to see more of the cast and getting to visit the other villages.

To me the manga feels imbalanced. Like I enjoy the Boruto and Kawaki storyline but I feel like it would be better if they weren't always the focus.
Or at least give characters like Mitsuki and Sarada more of a role. Also I still want my Konohamaru vs Kashin Koji rematch.
If it was done justice it would be hands down the best fight in the entire franchise.

However while Eida isn't my favorite antagonist (at least right now. It may change depending on the writing) I do think the upcoming
Co-Habitation Arc could lead to some interesting conflict depending on how it is written. I feel like it's gonna be a hit or miss arc.
I am glad you enjoy it, really! I honestly don't. It pissed me off when Sasuke lost his Rinnegan and Naruto his Kyubi. Like what in the hell? It feels like the author has a vendetta against the Naruto show or something haha.
In fact, it will likely come back in the future
Idk, bro. This Boruto show makes me believe that anything is possible, even the impossible comeback of Kurama.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kurama will come back but instead of being a Jinchuriki again he is going to be trapped in Himawari's stuffed animal version of Kurama.

Chibi Kurama is inevitable.
Haha; that would be cute. It reminds me of Kon from Bleach

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am glad you enjoy it, really! I honestly don't. It pissed me off when Sasuke lost his Rinnegan and Naruto his Kyubi. Like what in the hell? It feels like the author has a vendetta against the Naruto show or something haha.

Idk, bro. This Boruto show makes me believe that anything is possible, even the impossible comeback of Kurama.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Haha; that would be cute. It reminds me of Kon from Bleach
I am glad that Sasuke lost the Rinnengan. It was a random power up he got from the Sage of the Six Paths and thus him losing it so easily feels fitting to me.

Naruto losing Kurama was of course much more emotional but I think it was a fitting conclusion to Kurama's story arc.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

No, I was a Naruto fan for so many years. What happened in Boruto is that the Kid took over the father's role, and the latter together with Sasuke (the two main top fighters of the story) just became absurdly weak to forcefully create the spotlight for his son, which is BS. I am not trying to ruin the show for you or anything. I am glad you enjoy it. I myself do enjoy some shows that have very low ratings in IMDB and stuff, so I can relate, but, to many, Boruto is a total butchery of the Naruto story. For Boruto to be, the Naruto story had to be shat on.
This was in the Bleach thread but since it's about Boruto I'm gonna quote it here.

I personally had my ups and downs with Naruto. I didn't see it as a masterpiece but I still had fun with it.

I disagree with people who said that Naruto and Sasuke were nerfed in the Isshiki fight. What abilities were people expecting them to use?
Isshiki is an Ootusuki who can literally absorb jutsu and shoot it right back as well as his shrinking ability so not only were the vast majority
of Rinnengan abilities useless they would have actually put Sasuke and his allies in even graver danger.

Also I personally want to see some more balance with the powers. That's why I love scientific ninja tools because they help level the playing field.
However I feel like they are being underutilized in favor of Karma. Karma is cool but I think it will get boring if that's all they ever use.

I don't see making Naruto and Sasuke weaker as forcefully creating a spotlight for Boruto. Boruto already deserved the spotlight.
Naruto and Sasuke had a lot of their powers literally granted to them by the Sage of the Six Paths. I feel like them losing their powers fits.

Plus I don't believe they are really that much weaker anyways.

Sure Naruto doesn't have Nine Tails but he still his Uzumaki chakra and all the training he has done. He's still a power house.

And Sasuke still has the chakra of the Rinnengan. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if his remaining eye ends up turning into a Rinnensharingan

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Three months break for the manga

escoxking

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yooo 3 month break when the series actually is getting to the time skip?!! Trash like Kishi is trying to take over but at this point I'm losing interest in it all together.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
that's your opinion and your entitled to it
To each his own, but bad stuff like Kaguya in Boruto hasn't been seen yet.....

For now.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Time skip time. Finally getting close to the series' first page.

I still don't think this series has been handled well or all that interesting, but this turn of events is certainly more intriguing than what came before.

escoxking

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
To each his own, but bad stuff like Kaguya in Boruto hasn't been seen yet.....

For now.
Boruto is Dbz for ninjas not that good

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
About the limits of the Eida technique....

In the end only the memories have been rewritten, but the external factors are still there. People should notice the basic details (Boruto is identical to Naruto, he has Sasuke's forehead protector and the scar where in theory Kawaki should have it) and the practical ones (e.g. a normal family photo is enough, or even a document certifying Boruto's birth ) but as noted by Sasuke, the mind of one affected by this "brainwashing" is as if it "rejects" these notions...

Boruto is Dbz for ninjas not that good
The last part of Naruto is the Naruto DBZ.

People tend to forget that we went from a destroyed roof as a major consequence of a Hokage fight to guys summoning meteorites and miles tall statues.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Boruto is DBZ for Ninjas then I hope Part 2 just goes completely insane.

MECHA DENKI IS UNSTOPPABLE!

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Perhaps this will be unpopular, given that Boruto is not particularly popular here, but I believe that this is the turning point of the manga.

It is a plot twist that makes the characters of Boruto and Kawaki re-evaluate, characterizing them very well:

- Boruto has always been treated as the bad copy of Naruto. All the fans have always seen him as an obnoxious, spoiled, character and an unobtrusive protagonist. With this chaptesr Boruto earns 100 points, becoming the "villain" of the manga. Now he will be alone against everyone and his path will be that of a wandering shinobi like Sasuke but with a heavy burden to carry as it was for Itachi. No one but Sarada and the few immunes will ever know his experience. It is no coincidence that Boruto's manga begins with him telling a hypothetical interlocutor how it all started and who Boruto Uzumaki really is.

-Kawaki for his part has always been a vague character (not exactly a villain but not even a hero). With these chapters he officially becomes a negative character when he decides to "kill" Naruto in the eyes of the village and to pass himself off as the Hokage's son.

If Kishi and Ikemoto play it right, some very good stuff could come out here.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Perhaps this will be unpopular, given that Boruto is not particularly popular here, but I believe that this is the turning point of the manga.

It is a plot twist that makes the characters of Boruto and Kawaki re-evaluate, characterizing them very well:

- Boruto has always been treated as the bad copy of Naruto. All the fans have always seen him as an obnoxious, spoiled, character and an unobtrusive protagonist. With this chaptesr Boruto earns 100 points, becoming the "villain" of the manga. Now he will be alone against everyone and his path will be that of a wandering shinobi like Sasuke but with a heavy burden to carry as it was for Itachi. No one but Sarada and the few immunes will ever know his experience. It is no coincidence that Boruto's manga begins with him telling a hypothetical interlocutor how it all started and who Boruto Uzumaki really is.

-Kawaki for his part has always been a vague character (not exactly a villain but not even a hero). With these chapters he officially becomes a negative character when he decides to "kill" Naruto in the eyes of the village and to pass himself off as the Hokage's son.

If Kishi and Ikemoto play it right, some very good stuff could come out here.
You're quite right, but most people are likely to think or hear the words, "too little, too late". Though in a way it is nice for Boruto to understand Kawaki better. But oh the waste of mangekyo on that Sarada. It would have been nicer if she had rescued Boruto, or better yet her powers could literally take over someone's physiological functions. Her mother was a powerful medical nin, after all. Would have fit if her daughter's sharingan power allowed her to basically do what Tsunade did waaaaaaay back two decades ago to Kabuto, but even easier. Instead of hypnosis, it would be direct puppeteering.

Oh well. Lost opportunities abound.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh well. Lost opportunities abound.
This series has quite a few.

For example, I can't get over how small the cast is, between the old generation and the new.

That is, let's realize that the ninja world in Boruto seems to be inhabited by 3-4 people at most.....

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
With the release of volume 20, it is confirmed that part 1 of Boruto is officially ended.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This series has quite a few.

For example, I can't get over how small the cast is, between the old generation and the new.

That is, let's realize that the ninja world in Boruto seems to be inhabited by 3-4 people at most.....
The artist is just terrible in general because they can't seem to create anything approaching unique background character designs. There's actually plenty of these in Konoha, they're just a bunch of rather bland, ugly and fat ninjas. Shrugs. The main cast are nowhere present and it seems for the best given how everyone else is handled.