Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 32 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

mrsticky005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Chapter 66-67
Momoshiki was controlling Boruto then. Of course Naruto wasn't going to react.
Do you really expect Naruto would just be able to kill Momoshiki along with his own son so easily?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Momoshiki was controlling Boruto then. Of course Naruto wasn't going to react.
True, but the fact remains that at that juncture it was Momo who fought and not Boruto

There is that Naruto may be in trouble, but from here to do literally nothing.

Do you really expect Naruto would just be able to kill Momoshiki along with his own son so easily?

There was no talk of killing him, but as the Hokage still had to act, there are other ways to farm a threat.

You can't stand still, you're the Hokage! The village is up to you and your choices.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In my opinion, the fight in which he sees how much Naruto (and also Sasuke) has mentally regressed is the one against Isshiki.

I mean, Sukunahikona can shrink Susanoo and Yellow Kurama like grains of sand, but Naruto and Sasuke forget this detail and use those wrong techniques anyway

Naruto and Sasuke had already seen that Jigen could shrink himself and the masses of chakra. Even tiny ones like a Rasengan. Imagine if you can hope to beat him with giant stuff like Susanoo.
Surely he will have no trouble viewing and zooming out on targets as big as a building ..

They don't have an ounce of the genius of Kakashi, Minato or Itachi, they only have very strong powers of the 6 pacts which in their hands are mostly wasted and used completely at random

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
True, but the fact remains that at that juncture it was Momo who fought and not Boruto

There is that Naruto may be in trouble, but from here to do literally nothing.

There was no talk of killing him, but as the Hokage still had to act, there are other ways to farm a threat.

You can't stand still, you're the Hokage! The village is up to you and your choices.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In my opinion, the fight in which he sees how much Naruto (and also Sasuke) has mentally regressed is the one against Isshiki.

I mean, Sukunahikona can shrink Susanoo and Yellow Kurama like grains of sand, but Naruto and Sasuke forget this detail and use those wrong techniques anyway

Naruto and Sasuke had already seen that Jigen could shrink himself and the masses of chakra. Even tiny ones like a Rasengan. Imagine if you can hope to beat him with giant stuff like Susanoo.
Surely he will have no trouble viewing and zooming out on targets as big as a building ..

They don't have an ounce of the genius of Kakashi, Minato or Itachi, they only have very strong powers of the 6 pacts which in their hands are mostly wasted and used completely at random

If Momoshiki could have been stopped without killing Boruto then don't you think Kawaki would have done so rather than kill Boruto?
Yes Momoshiki saved Boruto but I don't think Kawaki or Boruto expected that to happen. I think they pretty much made a suicide pact
like you would see in something like The Walking Dead comic. But Naruto is someone who isn't able to pull that proverbial trigger.

and Momoshiki is the level of opponent that you pretty much have to fight as if you were trying to kill them or you are gonna get wrecked.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
If Momoshiki could have been stopped without killing Boruto then don't you think Kawaki would have done so rather than kill Boruto?
Naruto had to find a way to do this.

And what the hell, isn't he the boy of the prophecy ? What makes the impossible possible? The savior of the world ?

He unified the five nations by burying years of grudges, saved Obito's conscience from fusing with Juubi, now you want me to believe he can't even handle a possessed child?

and Momoshiki is the level of opponent that you pretty much have to fight as if you were trying to kill them or you are gonna get wrecked.
And when did that ever stop Naruto?

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Naruto had to find a way to do this.

And what the hell, isn't he the boy of the prophecy ? What makes the impossible possible? The savior of the world ?

He unified the five nations by burying years of grudges, saved Obito's conscience from fusing with Juubi, now you want me to believe he can't even handle a possessed child?

And when did that ever stop Naruto?
Of course the story could have been written in a way where Naruto has no hesitation and just drop kicks the Momoshiki out of Boruto and solves everything.

But this isn't Naruto's story anymore. This is Boruto's story. It's not that Naruto can't handle a possessed child. It's he isn't able to mentally grapple
with the reality that his child is being possessed by some weird space alien deity.

Yes Naruto has fought opponents where he had to fight like he was trying to kill them including people he didn't want to fight like Sasuke.

But it's a whole different ball park when it's Naruto's own son.

I mean...I think so. I don't have kids so I dunno. Maybe others would find it easy to off their space alien deity possessed child.
But the point is Naruto does not. And yes it's obviously for the sake of the plot but then again so is everything else in the story arguably.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States

That Naruto as Hokage in Boruto was pretty lame XD

The writers don't know how to handle him in action scenes and don't know how to relate him in terms of strength to the new villains. He is unable to make decisions at the moment or in any case to make difficult choices, as in the case of the figth with Code and the possessed Boruto, a figth in which Naruto already started heavily disadvantaged since he could only count on the ME.

Practically throughout the fight he was there with a perennial stunned expression, he only limited himself to passively assisting everything without even attempting anything. You can't even use the excuse that he was scared about his son or worried about Shikamaru being held hostage, but what the heck, look how Minato handled Obito when he took his family hostage....

Then it is also inconsistent with what is stated in the manga of Boruto himself: first he says he is "the Hokage" and he does not want to run away from the enemy of his village, but then he does not even react against Momoshiki (because that was not Boruto), it does not dounds exactly like Hokage behavior to me.

What then, all things considered, Naruto also went well given that he also had his moment of glory against Isshiki, unlike Sasuke who had management that to define as bad is an understatement.
The Problem with Naruto as Hokage is, anything and everything Naruto can and could do to show us how amazing he is, Kishi will always ALWAYS give it to Sasuke instead, Kishi's favorite and most beloved character right next to Itachi. It's no secret that Kishi doesn't like Naruto, or anyone who doesn't have "Uchiha" as their family name, just look at how the "Uchiha Subplot" is now a meme for how it overtook the post "Hidan & Kakuzu" arc and how Kishi basically threw Naruto away after that until "Pain's Invasion" (which many now admit should've been the climax of the story) and gave everything to his golden boy. Remember back when the "Road to Boruto" was advertised as "Naruto and Boruto's story", but then it was all about Sasuke, Sarada, and more Uchiha Subplot?! Can, I don't know, the UZUMAKI CLAN or any other clan get a fraction of the love the Uchiha have gotten and continue to get?!

Here comes the problem through for the Blank Period up until now, Sasuke's story of Revenge and Redemption is over (which is the problem with Revenge & Redemption characters, once they get it, their story is done), so how do you keep the author's favorite character relevant in the story when his story is done, that's right, he had to get rid of that pesky Naruto. The character that fans loves and want to see enjoy his life as Hokage, his family that he never got to have with the love of his life, but SASUKE needs the spotlight so Kishi just had to get keep writing away Naruto for Sasuke. I'm not being facetious or a troll either, just look at the double standard Kishi pulls to keep Sasuke as the golden boy while continually treating Naruto like dirt. And he also does it to Konohamaru, the guy who is supposed to be the student turned teacher and more than earned being a new main character, no, Kishi needs Sasuke to do that too, get rid of Konohamaru too which is what fans wanted to see, Konohamaru leading the next gen like Kakashi led our guys, but Kishi REALLY wants Sasuke to get as much coverage as possible

Fans have never liked that sort of thing, just look at how Disney's Star Wars have been wholesale rejected because KK hated Luke Skywalker and had to have one of her "Perfect Brown-Haired British Girl" self-inserts be the star; and the truly MASSIVE drop in Boruto's sales, and ranking in the charts in proof of this. This is just like when Dragon Ball Z ended, but then Toriyama left and they made Dragon Ball GT, and look where THAT abomination got us.

Mark my words, Kishi will someday realized the mess him and his assistants made here and pull a "Dragon Ball GT to Dragon Ball S", retconning and refocusing back on Naruto to get back in the fans' hearts, and ditch his assistant's art because it is NOTHING like his, how is that possible, even Hiro Mashima's assistant is nearly identical to his just look at "Fairy Tail" and "100 YEars Quest", can barely see the difference. The recent Minato one-shot was wildly well received and hopefully that'll reignite his spark to fix the series that has fallen so poorly, and how he needs a serious reboot

Here's the problem, Kishi can't quit the Uchiha Subplot, he loves them too much, and even the Japanese fans are calling him out for it, like how he's recently been obsessed with trying to make Sakura popular AGAIN despite fans constantly telling him she's a lost cause, just give it up Kishi. And don't tell me "Kishi is setting up Sasuke for a noble death and sacrifice", BS, because Kishi loved Madara so much he couldn't FATHOM an idea how Naruto and Sasuke could beat him and invented Kaguya at the last minute which enough time has passed, he all know she's a terrible character and came out of no where, all because Kishi couldn't let an Uchiha be defeated, so Sasuke ain't going anywhere, he's got Plot and Author's Favorite Armor

Last edited:

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sorry, but where do you see this obsession with Uchiha in Boruto?

Sasuke has done nothing but bad impressions (at least Naruto as mentioned, had a brief moment of glory against Isshiki), Sarada to date has been practically non-existent....

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry, but where do you see this obsession with Uchiha in Boruto?

Sasuke has done nothing but bad impressions (at least Naruto as mentioned, had a brief moment of glory against Isshiki), Sarada to date has been practically non-existent....
I'd have to agree. In fact it's one of the reasons why I actually like the Boruto anime more so than the Naruto anime.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
First image
Color page

Kawaki e Mitsuki

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Shikamaru hokage=🤢

I would have much preferred konohamaru as eighth or I hope he is only interim. very average chapter

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I kinda hate Sarada's design. She's awkwardly pigeon toed and I don't really believe a strong ninja would wear a jacket so haphazardly.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ok, I don't usually comment on boruto but I feel compelled to point out just how awful the new sarada design is. femalesin boruto generally don't look good but this is perhaps the worst yet by far.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I don't mind Sarada's look, though it does not have a kunoichi feel to it at all. Feel like it's the pigeon toe'ing and earrings... On the otherhand, Shikamaru as Hokage makes more sense to me then Naruto did. Don't recall when I dropped off the series, but might start it again just to fully catch up with the craziness.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
Sarada will have to be the rinnegan because otherwise compare to sakura she will be really behind boruto and not the level of a kage

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sarada will have to be the rinnegan because otherwise compare to sakura she will be really behind boruto and not the level of a kage
To have the Rinnegan, Sarada should first obtain the Eternal MS, and then have Senju cells.

Then let's talk about it, she has had the MS for three years and she will certainly have trained it, right now for me she is largely at the level of a kage, if we count that Obito after awakening the MS within a year goes from being weaker than Guy to putting Minato in difficulty, not to mention the enormous power up of Sasuke and Itachi....

It's Boruto who right now is well above the level of a kage.

The problem is that now by the standards of Boruto, in which Jigen treats Naruto and Sasuke, two ninja demigods empowered by the Ninja Messiah, as they were some genin, a kage is little more than a fodder.

Personally, I don't mind Sarada's look, though it does not have a kunoichi feel to it at all.
This.

Let's face it, the problem with characters with a look created from scratch by Ikemoto is that they are anything but ninjas.

Personally I would see them much better in some Jojo series.

Shikamaru as Hokage makes more sense to me then Naruto did.
I think literally anyone could be better than Naruto as a hokage.

Let's face it, Naruto is a good leader and knows how to make himself loved by the masses, but in terms of management and politics he is decidedly lacking.

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
To have the Rinnegan, Sarada should first obtain the Eternal MS, and then have Senju cells.

Then let's talk about it, she has had the MS for three years and she will certainly have trained it, right now for me she is largely at the level of a kage, if we count that Obito after awakening the MS within a year goes from being weaker than Guy to putting Minato in difficulty, not to mention the enormous power up of Sasuke and Itachi....

It's Boruto who right now is well above the level of a kage.

The problem is that now by the standards of Boruto, in which Jigen treats Naruto and Sasuke, two ninja demigods empowered by the Ninja Messiah, as they were some genin, a kage is little more than a fodder.
Boruto got the power of an OSUtsuKI so he already has the power of a kage. Sarada only has one MS with a major defect, losing her sight. If she obtains an MSE we could consider her at a kage level. But she must reach otsutsuki level

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Boruto got the power of an OSUtsuKI so he already has the power of a kage.
Wrong. Having the power of an Otsuki does not make you at the level of a kage.

Makes you above kage level

Did you see what a figure Naruto, a hokage with SM and decades of experience behind him, made during the fight between Borushiki and Kawaki?

He looked like a child, completely incapable of reacting....

Sarada only has one MS with a major defect, losing her sight.
Itachi only started losing his sight after years, not to mention people like Obito and Kakashi....

Considering that Sarada is more or less at the age where her uncle had managed to humiliate an experienced and strong ninja like Orochimaru, it wouldn't surprise me if he was already much stronger than most of the adults in the village.

If she obtains an MSE we could consider her at a kage level.
But even without a MSE she's at kage level.

Obito with the MS had managed to put MInato in difficulty, Sasuke killed Danzo despite him having fought against all the kage and their bodyguards

But she must reach otsutsuki level
Obviously, but as mentioned, a normal Kage can't even see an Ootsutsuki with binoculars.

Rikudobito

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Boruto got the power of an OSUtsuKI so he already has the power of a kage. Sarada only has one MS with a major defect, losing her sight. If she obtains an MSE we could consider her at a kage level. But she must reach otsutsuki level
"Power of a Kage" is a massive understatement considering Ōtsutsuki possess immense chakra and physical capabilities from consuming the Chakra Fruit they harvested from countless planets. They likewise naturally possess powers such as levitation, chakra absorption, erasure of chakra signature to avoid being sensed, the ability to travel across space and dimensions through portals, and access to unique abilities and dōjutsu (Byakugan, Rinnegan, and Isshiki's dōjutsu).

No Kage-level shinobi one-on-one can hope to match the power of even the weakest Ōtsutsuki. Two Kage greatly needed the help of Sasuke (someone far beyond Kage-level) to combat Kinshiki.

Naruto & Sasuke needed to join forces to overwhelm Momoshiki, whereas their combined strength was insufficient to put a dent on Isshiki, requiring Kurama's sacrifice to pressure him, even though Isshiki himself was in a defective vessel that couldn't handle his full power.

Ōtsutsuki power greatly surpasses that of Jūbi, as Jūbi are literally the pets Ōtsutsuki bring with them to assault planets.

So yes, we are talking of power far beyond the comprehension of Kage.

Unless Sarada obtains Kāma or at least the Rinnegan, she will not be Ōtsutsuki-level.

She will not be Jūbi-level either, and her overall standing will be right below that level.

She will be above Kage-level however, as the full power of the Mangekyō Sharingan is beyond a Kage's grasp. Refer to the 5 Kage shitting themselves at the sight of Madara's (Perfect) Susanoo for instance.