Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 33 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Unless Sarada obtains Kāma or at least the Rinnegan, she will not be Ōtsutsuki-level.
But even that wouldn't be enough in my opinion.

If we think that Sasuke, the reincarnation of Indra with a Rinnegan enhanced by the ninja equivalent of Jesus Christ, was used as a punching bag by Isshiki-Jigen...

She will be above Kage-level however, as the full power of the Mangekyō Sharingan is beyond a Kage's grasp. Refer to the 5 Kage shitting themselves at the sight of Madara's (Perfect) Susanoo for instance.
Sure, but that would be fine if we were talking about threats like the Akatsuki.

Here, as you say, we have threats that even two demigods like Naruto and Sasuke had difficulty dealing with... what can a top level ninja like MInato or Itachi hope to do?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

erasure of chakra signature to avoid being sensed, th
Which would also be useless given that Naruto no longer even needs to sense chakra to spot people, but he perceives their intentions....

srtenebroso

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
El Salvador

If we think that Sasuke, the reincarnation of Indra with a Rinnegan enhanced by the ninja equivalent of Jesus Christ, was used as a punching bag by Isshiki-Jigen...
yeah i don't see her reaching that level

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sarada awoke her MS because she suffered a minor amount of grieve. Previous uchiha had to murder people or have their loved ones be brutally murdered for that. That aside, there's some plot reason for her to not be affected by the shinjutsu which caused this plot. Sarada can become kage level or higher in a weekend for all we know.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sarada can become kage level or higher in a weekend for all we know.
Certain.
The problem is that currently, like it or not, a kage and a genin against the Ootsutsuki have the same usefulness

Raw chapter 03

LYEL

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If there's something i never had or ever will is HOPE for female characters when handled by the likes of Kishi, Nakaba or Kubo for example. Their female characters are grotesque in terms of narrative and development. I feel pity for the readers who still thinks Sarada will have some importance for the story. She won't. The best example we had is how she literally "went missing" when Kawaki was yeeted into the plot. Sarada, Mitsuki and lots of others characters went missing for at least a fking year and i'm not kidding, make the acc.
The best Kishi will do is give her 1-2 or maybe no pages every chapter and we have to be grateful for that because Mitsuki has even less chances to show up.
I remember when Boruto was about team 7, now there's nothing about them. Only Boruto and Kawaki.
So, forget Sarada. She's not important for the plot, only for the Fashion Week design. And Mitsuki? We don't even know wtf he is doing in the manga anymore, he is just something that.... "exists"...

Rikudobito

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Sure, but that would be fine if we were talking about threats like the Akatsuki.

Here, as you say, we have threats that even two demigods like Naruto and Sasuke had difficulty dealing with... what can a top level ninja like MInato or Itachi hope to do?
I mean, look at what Kakashi did with both of Obito's eyes and a sliver of Rikudō chakra; he was able to pressure and injure Kaguya despite having nowhere near as much chakra (both in quantity & quality) and powers.

All they have to do is give Salad a Kamui-level ability in utility and she's good. Besides, the fact that she is Sasuke's daughter could mean she inherited some of Sasuke's Rikudō chakra, which could prevent blindness in her case.

Boruto & Kawaki will be untouchable, obviously, and Sarada will most likely be far weaker than they are, but she will most likely be handle herself against her foes, especially if she gets a powerful h4x ability.

Which would also be useless given that Naruto no longer even needs to sense chakra to spot people, but he perceives their intentions....
Yeah, but he was unable to sense Jigen by that method as well. Naruto also had difficulties sensing Kaguya, so we can conclude that Jigen/Ōtsutsuki are capable of completely bypassing Naruto's sensory powers.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I mean, look at what Kakashi did with both of Obito's eyes and a sliver of Rikudō chakra; he was able to pressure and injure Kaguya despite having nowhere near as much chakra (both in quantity & quality) and powers.
Eh, but that was a one-off just to make Kakashi stand out, made possible by a series of very fortuitous coincidences.

Kaguya isn't like Isshiki-Jigen anyway. It's very slow and static

All they have to do is give Salad a Kamui-level ability in utility and she's good. Besides, the fact that she is Sasuke's daughter could mean she inherited some of Sasuke's Rikudō chakra, which could prevent blindness in her case.

Boruto & Kawaki will be untouchable, obviously, and Sarada will most likely be far weaker than they are, but she will most likely be handle herself against her foes, especially if she gets a powerful h4x ability.
However, if we consider that Sasuke, the strongest pure-blood Uchiha ever, couldn't keep up with his enemies, what chance does Sarada have?

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
good idea for shinju hoping that they have the same charisma as akatsuki and better than kara. Sorry but seeing shikalaru hokage disappoints me. The others had the capacity to protect the village but I doubt it

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England
I hope boruto fights all the 2nd gen kids from the village and the sand ones to flesh them out and see their hybrid abilities in a non anime capacity. Mitsuki's man crush on kaw.....boruto looks as strong as ever. I can see konohamaru getting the hokage at some point from shikamaru and naruto being locked up for the duration of the manga

Last edited:

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People waiting + 2 years in real time and manga time skip to see Mitsuki be useful or have at least a decent fight but then, Boruto use talk no jutsu and the job is done.

Boruto is already miles away in raw power compared to others, there's not even fight anymore, at least not against these little mortals lol.

Like i said months ago: No one is important for the story, never were and never will, the focus is only Boruto and Kawaki the rest of them are only there because they are necessary to make volume in the manga. :facepalm

Eida, shark-boy brother, kawaki, dude with strange iron-leather scar in the face, if we think about their designs, theirs agendas, theirs origins, you can only think how awful the manga became. Eida wants Kawaki's virginity, shark boy is Eida's bonus: buy one take 2, Kawaki is bipolar, he wants to protect people he likes by killing them and die later as a bonus for his efforts. Dude with scar in the face has no objective, no free will and adopted someone elses crazy ideals to feel he can particpate in Boruto's party.

:twitch

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England
I think kishi is trying to fix the obvious problems caused the previous author story. I think the current potential villains are good cos I'm of the thinking they aren't complete so they ain't infallible meaning other characters can be relevant. Similar to the 6 path pain fight in my eyes it'll be a team effort.

In raw strength terms Boruto and kawaki are overpowered , but they still aren't superior skilled fighters to others 'yet'.They ain't gonna be blowing up moons nonchalantly like piccolo did at the beginning part of DBZ.

Last edited:

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I had no idea Kishi took over writing. Any interviews on why?

only for the Fashion Week design
I'm an old head fan of Naruto whose oldest thousands of posts were all for that series. I only check in on random chapters of Boruto here and there out of curiosity, and this sequence of words kinda sums up everything I've seen and read of this whole series so far.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I had no idea Kishi took over writing. Any interviews on why?
We do not know.

People waiting + 2 years in real time and manga time skip to see Mitsuki be useful or have at least a decent fight but then, Boruto use talk no jutsu and the job is done.

Boruto is already miles away in raw power compared to others, there's not even fight anymore, at least not against these little mortals lol.

Like i said months ago: No one is important for the story, never were and never will, the focus is only Boruto and Kawaki the rest of them are only there because they are necessary to make volume in the manga. :facepalm
Let's say it's all confusing, also because the narrative isn't always clear, it's not clear whether it wants to be a story of gods or ninjas.

The characters fight in a standard mood, they use standard and generally uncreative techniques (just think of the fight between Boruto and Mitsuki, in which the former essentially dodges and the latter limits himself to spamming random giant snakes) but you have to believe that they are strong.. because yes.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I have read the last 2 chapters

the fact that this wannabe villain that showed up targets Naruto means he is about to take centre stage as main chara and not Boruto. Wouldn’t surprise if we end up with some shit like Naruto being host to that uber Otsutsuki

In any case, the story is just bland… you can tell the plot direction has changed

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
the fact that this wannabe villain that showed up targets Naruto means he is about to take centre stage as main chara and not Boruto. Wouldn’t surprise if we end up with some shit like Naruto being host to that uber Otsutsuki
It's not an Ootsutsuki.

However, him having Naruto as his goal is probably just a way to get Kawaki involved.

Caster Pheonix

Reaction score
Country
England
Those who haven't should read blue vortex from the beginning it's only a few chapters and it'll make more sense. It goes some way to washing the ill will from the first part.if you haven't been following Boruto much i think it's from chapter 52 onwards kishi takes over and you can tell storyline wise. I can't argue with anyone over the overall quality of Boruto but it has gotten better for what it's worth. In short, kishi remembered they are ninjas not ghost in the shell.

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think kishi is trying to fix the obvious problems caused the previous author story. I think the current potential villains are good cos I'm of the thinking they aren't complete so they ain't infallible meaning other characters can be relevant. Similar to the 6 path pain fight in my eyes it'll be a team effort.

In raw strength terms Boruto and kawaki are overpowered , but they still aren't superior skilled fighters to others 'yet'.They ain't gonna be blowing up moons nonchalantly like piccolo did at the beginning part of DBZ.
There is no "fixing it", the previous author torpedoed what was once one of the Big 3 manga on a "Last Jedi" level of franchise destruction and got himself fired because of it. Instead of reading the room and going "OK, like Dragon Ball GT we'll retcon all this and start a new, keep what worked and start fresh", he stubbornly tried to make this and that shoehorned in fanfic character Kawaki work and has failed BIG TIME. Just look at the terrible levels of writing and plothole used to justify the timeskip, like no one is looking at the family portraits?! And what's the end game here, Naruto comes back, he's not Hokage anymore and the country tried to kill his son, Konohamaru got screwed over, where is the end game here aside from kill Kawaki which Kishi doesn't have the guts to do.

The only character that has been largely accept is Sumire, and the ANIME TEAM made Hinata 2.0, not the author who was fired, what does that say about the level of writing here? Not only that but the numbers are in; Naruto, Hinata, and Sasuke sell the merchandise and Kishi allowed all three to be written out of the story in the dumbest ways leaving fans extremely annoyed and unsatisfied. So much so the anime was cancelled; do you know how BAD an established series like Naruto has to do to suddenly have their anime cancelled like that, BAD

Just look at this site, mangahelpers is HUGE and "Boruto" hasn't been updated here since NOVEMBER. That's pathetic for Naruto, which used to have as much active user buzz as One Piece and Fairy Tail! The anime is projected to return 2027 and it's looking like that actually isn't going to happen at all! That and the manga sales are no where near the Naruto levels, whoop dee doo, Blue Vortex had a bump, it's a timeskip volume those always have a bump.

So no, there is no "fixing this" there is either accept it and end the series in disgrace, pull a massive retcon to restart (which that ridiculous Eida power already showed Kishi isn't agaisnt idiotic asspulls for "plot"), or the most likely answer: Pulling a "GT to Super" and make a new sequel and win all the fans back with Naruto and Hinata as the stars

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
@Grimzilla32 for me the original sins were:
  1. Isshiki fight and power scaling. That was god damn awful
  2. Amado by himself is nothing but a mistake. There was no foreshadowing in the previous series and suddenly we have a scientist that no one knows about, gifted enough to pull insane technological which was all retconned to “i have otsutsuki god dna and used it to create strong ass cyborgs tee hee”
  3. A bland uninteresting villain to the point that villain had to be thrown and replaced by divine tree bullshit…
  4. Which brings me to this: how come Kaguya merging with divine tree not make it sentient, but suddenly this guy using his claws was enough to trigger this ?

Grimzilla32

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Grimzilla32 for me the original sins were:
  1. Isshiki fight and power scaling. That was god damn awful
  2. Amado by himself is nothing but a mistake. There was no foreshadowing in the previous series and suddenly we have a scientist that no one knows about, gifted enough to pull insane technological which was all retconned to “i have otsutsuki god dna and used it to create strong ass cyborgs tee hee”
  3. A bland uninteresting villain to the point that villain had to be thrown and replaced by divine tree bullshit…
  4. Which brings me to this: how come Kaguya merging with divine tree not make it sentient, but suddenly this guy using his claws was enough to trigger this ?
Bingo, and let's not forget the MASSIVE disrespecting of Naruto consistently, really killed it for fans. I know Kishi has always loved Sasuke more, like a LOT more, but this was too much even for him.

There is no fixing any of this, I shouldn't have to stomach through, how many chapters and YEARS of real time disappointment to just suddenly get to "Oh it's starting to get a little better", that's unacceptable and not gonna happen. Especially when all the story beats he's trying to do, again, were done much better in "Naruto". How about actually surprising us and KILLING the bad kids this time and show us you mean business Kishi?