Chapter - Hunter x Hunter Chapter 400 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Hunter x Hunter Chapter 400 Spoilers & Discussion

Gangster Gastino

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I’m finally all caught and all I can say is, “Why?
How could you sit on the spiders backstory for all these years? “

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Watch Hisoka team up with Morena and one of the Spiders run into during the hideout and get killed by him.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I just rewatched Yorkshin arc. And I cannot believe the fortunes were for Yorshin. In fact, Chrollo didn't think so either. It seems Pakunoda's was, or the conditions were fulfilled then. But that aside, a lot of the fortunes disagree and seem to indicate different people being the shinigami. Actually, I think it is Chrollo or Nobunaga's fortunes that specifically reference something that doesn't make sense.

The key line is the Chrysanthemum withering and falling. That indicates a time lag between the events of the fortunes. What we didn't realize was how long. Now only 1 of the members of the Chrysanthemum group are alive, Shizuku. Once she's gone, there will likely be a very overt re-aligning with prophesies.

Eh... I should really make a post about this, but I just can't get my thoughts straight around it.

Oh! one thing I do want to mention, as it pertains to the current events of the last few chapters. We are focusing on Nobunaga. Nobunaga's prophesy talked about the 1st Moon, having missed its opportunity, continues to pursue the 11th moon alone, or something like that. It might be switched, with 11 pursuing 1. But I think Nobunaga is Spider 1, or Chrollo, maybe. What I am pointing here is that Nobunaga was supposed to be pursuing the 11th moon. That does not make sense. In fact, assuming Uvo was the 11th moon because he is Spider 11 is mistaken. The "precious component" to the calender is Uvo, not the 11th moon. All fortunes regarding this 11th moon is literally after his death.

Basically, the 11th moon is someone/thing else, and I think it is Illumi. His name even comes from illumine, and he is very moon-faced (smooth skinned at least, even alien in a way, and he's Spider 11 now).

We are following Nobu right now. Things are starting to get interesting. It will be very intriguing to see if maybe Morena, not Kuropika or Hisoka, is the Shinigami. In her case, even Morena's name rings of a god of death. It would be fascinating if that is the true cause for her prominence so far despite her lack of appearances. She is literally the key element of the fortunes, if this is so.

One major note, if my bad memory serves: Hisoka and Chrollo's fortunes indicate a shinigami AND bloody Scarlet eyes. This leads me to think Kuropika was never the shinigami. I think it is Hisoka or Morena. If Hisoka joins the Hei-ly, now we have a complete set up and the prophesies are going to start working.

Oh! I forgot! We've been introduced to a place for Shizuku to die! remember that whole long seemingly meaningless filler about the mafia dude who wanted autograph paper of a certain type? And everything costs extra at the stall he's soliciting? It is a closed room... I bet there are other stores like that. Maybe even the one the store lady referenced that uses drones to deliver goods... for a big price. "In a small room where everything costs extra", I believe was the line? Or was it dark room? Either one actually does not feel like an auction site. Since the bids are arbitrary. Sure, it could, but why not moreso a place where prices are static and overpriced for sure, like a Tier 3 or 1 warehouse room on Black Whale.

At any rate, the last few chapters seem to be fulfilling Nobu's fortune, or setting it and Shizuku's up.

Also, Shizuku said she wanted to accompany Chrollo so he doesn't feel lonely. But that is what her fortune says she will do, for those reasons. She's unwittingly following her fortune's path even as she tires to heed its warnings. Only, will she be able? If she's the last Chrysanthemum, then that means she will fall beside bloody scarlet eyes. Does this reference Tserriednick, or Kuropika?

I'm expecting Nobunaga to run into the shinigami first. Then maybe Chrollo...

Is there confirmation on who exactly the 1st Spider is? Does Chrollo mention that in the flashback? I cannot remember.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I just rewatched Yorkshin arc. And I cannot believe the fortunes were for Yorshin. In fact, Chrollo didn't think so either. It seems Pakunoda's was, or the conditions were fulfilled then. But that aside, a lot of the fortunes disagree and seem to indicate different people being the shinigami. Actually, I think it is Chrollo or Nobunaga's fortunes that specifically reference something that doesn't make sense.

The key line is the Chrysanthemum withering and falling. That indicates a time lag between the events of the fortunes. What we didn't realize was how long. Now only 1 of the members of the Chrysanthemum group are alive, Shizuku. Once she's gone, there will likely be a very overt re-aligning with prophesies.

Eh... I should really make a post about this, but I just can't get my thoughts straight around it.

Oh! one thing I do want to mention, as it pertains to the current events of the last few chapters. We are focusing on Nobunaga. Nobunaga's prophesy talked about the 1st Moon, having missed its opportunity, continues to pursue the 11th moon alone, or something like that. It might be switched, with 11 pursuing 1. But I think Nobunaga is Spider 1, or Chrollo, maybe. What I am pointing here is that Nobunaga was supposed to be pursuing the 11th moon. That does not make sense. In fact, assuming Uvo was the 11th moon because he is Spider 11 is mistaken. The "precious component" to the calender is Uvo, not the 11th moon. All fortunes regarding this 11th moon is literally after his death.

Basically, the 11th moon is someone/thing else, and I think it is Illumi. His name even comes from illumine, and he is very moon-faced (smooth skinned at least, even alien in a way, and he's Spider 11 now).

We are following Nobu right now. Things are starting to get interesting. It will be very intriguing to see if maybe Morena, not Kuropika or Hisoka, is the Shinigami. In her case, even Morena's name rings of a god of death. It would be fascinating if that is the true cause for her prominence so far despite her lack of appearances. She is literally the key element of the fortunes, if this is so.

One major note, if my bad memory serves: Hisoka and Chrollo's fortunes indicate a shinigami AND bloody Scarlet eyes. This leads me to think Kuropika was never the shinigami. I think it is Hisoka or Morena. If Hisoka joins the Hei-ly, now we have a complete set up and the prophesies are going to start working.

Oh! I forgot! We've been introduced to a place for Shizuku to die! remember that whole long seemingly meaningless filler about the mafia dude who wanted autograph paper of a certain type? And everything costs extra at the stall he's soliciting? It is a closed room... I bet there are other stores like that. Maybe even the one the store lady referenced that uses drones to deliver goods... for a big price. "In a small room where everything costs extra", I believe was the line? Or was it dark room? Either one actually does not feel like an auction site. Since the bids are arbitrary. Sure, it could, but why not moreso a place where prices are static and overpriced for sure, like a Tier 3 or 1 warehouse room on Black Whale.

At any rate, the last few chapters seem to be fulfilling Nobu's fortune, or setting it and Shizuku's up.

Also, Shizuku said she wanted to accompany Chrollo so he doesn't feel lonely. But that is what her fortune says she will do, for those reasons. She's unwittingly following her fortune's path even as she tires to heed its warnings. Only, will she be able? If she's the last Chrysanthemum, then that means she will fall beside bloody scarlet eyes. Does this reference Tserriednick, or Kuropika?

I'm expecting Nobunaga to run into the shinigami first. Then maybe Chrollo...

Is there confirmation on who exactly the 1st Spider is? Does Chrollo mention that in the flashback? I cannot remember.
Nobu the 1st Spiders and Chrollo no.0.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Nobu the 1st Spiders and Chrollo no.0.
Then it begins to make sense. So this I can confidently infer:

Illumi is going to probably get a contract from a Prince (counting Morena as a prince). He could also have a contract to assassinate the Phantom Troupe with Hisoka, basically a competition as to whom gets to Chrollo first. I find it possible Hisoka even contracted Illumi to kill him as well. So he will get paid either way, maybe. However, I think what will happen is the "11th Moon quietly rises" indicates Illumi has plans or ambitions of his own. This will put him at odds with Nobu, and Nobunaga will pursue Illumi instead of Hisoka, as he will have "missed his opportunity" somehow.

Chrollo likely will survive all that will befall him. His fortune said so. He was NEVER in any danger, and he rightly pegged Kuropika and his nen sealing as "irrelevant and not worth mentioning." And it was not. It got almost immediately exorcised and Kuropika's actions were pointless, save for managing to get rid of Pakunoda. But that was apparently inevitable. I suspect she was going to be doomed anyway, if she heeded not the warnings.

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thinking about it: What if there is nothing wrong with Neon?

What if the only reason chrollo cannot do fortunes is that their fortunes are still playing out, thus the same?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I know I’ll get the “But Shalnark’s!”, but Neon’s fortunes only cover 4-5 weeks.

What if the only reason chrollo cannot do fortunes is that their fortunes are still playing out, thus the same?
The ability vanished from his book. Unless you’re saying Chrollo was lying.

Last edited:

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England

Wouldn't be surprised if Kurapika did something.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Neon being alive would make no sense.

She is dead for sure. When you think about it, her ability would have been too good for this arc too.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Neon being alive would make no sense.

She is dead for sure. When you think about it, her ability would have been too good for this arc too.
We'll see Kurapika should mention it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wonder if Kacho will find the Princes burial chamber room?

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Tavore

My money is on Fuugetsu teleporting there and seeing Kacho's corpse.

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fuugetsu probably already at least subconsciously that she's dead.
Maybe she already found that room.
In any case, I think fuugetsu's power will play a key role in this arc. She is the only person who an move freely on the boat and go to every secret room on every deck.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Which prince do you think will die next?

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
dammit... i thought there was an update on the next release. it feels like i was scammed
:hmph

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Which prince do you think will die next?
Hard to say at this point. Maybe Camilla.

dammit... i thought there was an update on the next release. it feels like i was scammed
:hmph
If there are news you'll probably see them in the Hangout Thread or Hiatus one.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
My guess is still Tyson or Luzurus.

It'll be a little bit for Camilla. I can see one of her Have Nots eventually cursing her.