Discussion - “The Seven Deadly Sins: Origin” Game/Plot Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion “The Seven Deadly Sins: Origin” Game/Plot Discussion Thread

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Obvious based on what exactly? They labeled this "Tristan's first adventure" and it took place one year before the GoE's events (he's 13 y.o in the game). This was the first time he met with Tioreh and befriended her. Surely you don't expect him to meet her later in the manga for the 1st time, right?
It's a game which will be maintained for a while. Do you really think we are going to learn that Tristan experienced all these time-space shenanigans in the manga?

It's an original story, supervised by Nakaba for certain things. There is no way this story is going to be canon. When Tioreh will be introduced in the manga it won't be this way.

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Interesting, another of Tioreh's unique abilities in gameplay is called "Sacred Tree's stem", which allows her to summon the Sacred Tree's stems to reach higher places. It’s been years since I don’t check NNT so my memory can fail, but I would have thought only Fairy Kings could summon parts of the Sacred Tree, until now. According the director Nakaba also designed the skills of the new characters, so I assume her ability is from his idea, just like her ability to summon the 7 deadly beasts.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ok, I was not expecting this at all: Tioreh not only knows Howzer, but she also calls him "uncle Howzer" :blink (unless the app is wrong, but I tested few times and it keeps saying uncle)

So... if she got to know Howzer previously to this event... this should also mean she befriends Tristan since long time ago. I mean, she uses a friendly nickname to him "Tri-Tri" and she has enough confidence with him to even kick his ass in a previous scene. It would be weird she knows Howzer from before but not Tri-Tri @Tristan

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It would be weird if the kids of the Sins didn't know each other since childhood. Do we know Tioreh's age? I guess she is 16.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
It would be weird if the kids of the Sins didn't know each other since childhood. Do we know Tioreh's age? I guess she is 16.
Sadly, no. They've only confirmed in the synopsis that Tristan is 13 in this story, but they didn't mention her age.
To think about it... she's the seventh child of King... I highly doubt she's 13, unless Nakaba pulls a septuplets situation, which doesnt make sense with Diane's last affirmation where she wasted all her shrinking pills because, I quote: "I had a lot of situations that required for one", implying there were a lot of pregnancies.

So... I kinda have the feeling we are in front of a Merlin 2.0/Bonney 2.0 situation (OP fans will get it)

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Interesting, another of Tioreh's unique abilities in gameplay is called "Sacred Tree's stem", which allows her to summon the Sacred Tree's stems to reach higher places. It’s been years since I don’t check NNT so my memory can fail, but I would have thought only Fairy Kings could summon parts of the Sacred Tree, until now. According the director Nakaba also designed the skills of the new characters, so I assume her ability is from his idea, just like her ability to summon the 7 deadly beasts.
It is not an ability that the Fairy Kings only possess because Helbram was able to summon branches of the sacred tree as well.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
New interview with Koo Do-Hyung, Executive Director of 7DS: Origin

-"What's the release plan? We are aiming to complete it next year."

- "What was the reaction of the original author (Nakaba Suzuki)?"
"Koo Do-Hyung: He was very interested. He designed the characters himself. He gave us a lot of details about the characters' skills in relation to the original work, which made it difficult to develop. We are carefully verifying the story, skills, and design by having Suzuki Nakaba review the story so that the worldview and narrative framework do not deviate. I remember having a lot of fun with the setting".

-"The original work is popular, but the story becomes more disappointing as the second half progresses. In the case of Origin, it provides an original story, so I wonder if there is any pressure about it?"
"There is both excitement and pressure. As a fan who enjoyed the original work, there's pressure to create a story that lives up to it. However, there are some fascinating characters that will appear in the sequel, 'The Four Knights of the Apocalypse,' and I'm looking forward to seeing them in the game, as well as characters who have died and will appear in this game, and characters who are no longer in the original."

- "You might be wondering about Original Stories (Ragnarok) or collaborations, but we didn't have that in mind. We felt that the original IP was the most important for the open world."

- "Any plans for a Western simultaneous release?"
"Koo Do-Hyung: Simultaneous release is the goal"

- "It's been about two years since the game was announced. There are many people waiting for it. We've cleaned up a lot, and we're going to polish it up and make a good work if you wait a little bit. Please have faith and wait."

Source: https://www.gameple.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=207770

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
-"The original work is popular, but the story becomes more disappointing as the second half progresses. In the case of Origin, it provides an original story, so I wonder if there is any pressure about it?"
LOL, who was the interviewer? :XD

It's nice to read that Nakaba is very strict regarding the power levels.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
About the Episode 1 of the story mode, people have shared new scenes not seen before from the old tutorial leak months ago:

If someone is still confused about how exactly Origin events start, do not doubt to ask.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
How does it start and how do these two even meet?
After watching the whole story mode demo from different perspectives & videos, it seems you start right when the player can control the character in-game to learn the controls, so the whole beginning of the game with the kids’ meeting has actually not been revealed yet. You can tell some cutscenes are missing as well the initial context of the story. However, we have clues about what happened from later dialogues:

The official synopsis says Tristan and Tioreh were exploring the shores of the Lake Fennes together. When you start controlling Tristan, Tioreh says “Isn’t this an interesting place? I think I know why you asked me to come here, Tri-Tri”, which implies that it’s been Tristan’s idea to meet and hang out there. Much later Tristan also mentions that Tioreh said she would get back home after they finish their exploration, but actually you never see Tioreh saying that, that’s why it feels some previous cutscenes were missing in this tutorial. Probably due to priority reasons, since this is just a demo after all.

The demo itself starts with a cutscene (clearly modified, with no context of how the kids arrived there) where they’re running and laughing while exploring the place. Tristan tells her the story of how the whole lake and surrounding were dry (Escanor VS Estarossa fight, Season 2) and are encouraged to continue exploring the surroundings. They arrive at a certain red tree and suddenly Tioreh’s fox starts to act nervous, flying to the tree’s entrance.
Tristan says there’s a legend about this tree, it seems such tree was the only survivor from the Escanor VS Estarossa’s destruction. Tristan touches the branches and these ones start moving, letting see a hole in the ground. Tristan is not convinced to keep going and he suggests to come back and report this, but Tioreh was decided and literally she kicked his ass to make him fall in the hole, following him later.

Those two fall in some kind of huge cave, and that’s where they discover the Book of Stars’ altar. The light coming from the altar attracts Tristan and tries to touch it, but it was about to explode and Tioreh pushes him away. The explosion comes out upwards and that is when the temporal distortion occurs. The light is transformed into the Book of Stars and the kids take it with them. Suddenly, Golems representating themselves appear to fight them (Tioreh identifies them as part of Creation’s magic, but not as powerful as her mother’s golems). Later a huge monster appear but the kids cant win them, so the Book of Stars helps them to get out of there. They go through a kind of workshop with giant-sized furniture (probably from the Giant creator of the Book of Stars).

They manage to come back to the Fennes Lake but they realize it’s full of water and nature again. And from no where, Manta-Hawk appears flying escaping from another monster and falls into the lake. Both Tristan and Tioreh knew about him from their parents’ stories. The kids save Hawk from the lake. Tristan introduces himself as Melizabeth’s son, which it surprises Hawk because he didn’t know those two got married and became parents. Now is Tioreh’s turn to introduce herself, Hawk didn’t need her to say anything else because he says “Your face is so familiar for some reason. Oh, you must be the child of those two”.

Hawk says he was in Purgatory when suddenly he just appeared here. Tristan is not understanding anything, so Hawk suggests to move and find out what’s happening. This is the moment when Tristan mentions that Tioreh said she would get back home after they finish their exploration, but Tioreh says she changed her mind and she doesn’t want him to live this adventure all alone and wants to join in (This is when you get Tioreh as the 2nd playable character).

Once the kids save Hawk from the river, they decide to help him find his lost Monster Block, trapped in the top of a tree. A dark aura falls from the sky and the group decides to find out what it is. The kids arrive at Liones, they see Howzer (apparently from their same present, because Howzer recognises both of them and viceversa), Howzer says someone is destroying the streets and orders them to keep safe. A "resurrected" Marmas (probably traveler from the past) is the one destroying the place and the kids fight him. Once stopped, no one is understanding how a dead holy knight came back to life.

And that's the end of the story mode demo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Thanks to some gameplays & trailers I could notice Tioreh uses 6 of 7DS' Beasts (everyone except Serpent).

Just to remind:
"What was the reaction of the original author (Nakaba Suzuki)?"
"Koo Do-Hyung: He was very interested. He designed the characters himself. He gave us a lot of details about the characters' skills in relation to the original work, which made it difficult to develop