2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Welcome to the

An award event where you, the fans, nominate and decide what/who you think is the best in Fairy Tail!
This is the thread where you can discuss general topics related to the event and give thoughts, impressions and feedback before, during and after the event. In essence, it's a hangout thread.

The concept is the same as the annual Manga Awards here at MH, except for one detail: Instead of allowing only the top 5 nominations to proceed to the voting round, we will now allow every nomination. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the format and concept, here's an overview:

Award FormatThe event will consist of two phases: A nomination and a voting phase, each consisting of one week, with one day break in between for administrative reasons. There are 20 different categories decided by the staff to nominate and vote in.

Nomination Phase (Sept 16-23): The community makes their nominations in the category threads. If something has already been nominated before, you are of course allowed to simply state support that nomination to build up hype and campaign for that nomination.

Break (Sept 24): For administrative reasons.

Voting Phase (Sept 25-Oct 02): A poll is created for all the nominations, and you, the fans, have one week to decide what to vote for and convince as many as you can to support your votes to make the candidates you support turn out victorious.

Nomination Info-"How to nominate"You may nominate up to three candidates in each category. During the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination, however, do so by making a new post stating you are changing your nominations rather than editing an old post to avoid confusion.

For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations were or weren't counted by accident, please state your nominations clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated candidate with bolded red text. Example: "I nominate <insert candidate> for <insert category>", preferably followed by an explanation.

Voting Info-"How to vote"Once the nomination round is over and the polls are made, the voting round begins. You can change your vote as many times as you like before the end of the round.

We hope this will be a fun event that will continue to run annually here in the Fairy Tail Section. The list of categories can be seen in the Awards section [Here]

If there's any questions, feel free to post in this thread or contact Me and/or any of the staff involved (basically anyone who created a thread in this event) by PM.

Last edited:

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Let the popularity lead them to the victory and force be with them :yoda

I'm more interested how characters with smaller fanbase will make cause winners are almost sure in most of the categories :pjsalt:doge

I have a question for the most fashionable Female and Male do we include only Manga material or we can also judge by Hiro arts :hmm:confused

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Let the popularity lead them to the victory and force be with them :yoda

I'm more interested how characters with smaller fanbase will make cause winners are almost sure in most of the categories :pjsalt:doge

I have a question for the most fashionable Female and Male do we include only Manga material or we can also judge by Hiro arts :hmm:confused
Good question, official art done by Hiro will be allowed.

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I've been looking forward to this event, and it starts right when i get computer problems :/
I probably won't be able to participate, or even watch, as much as i wanted. Shame

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been waiting for this for a long time.

There are some great awards given out this year... whoever came up with them exceeded even my expectations.

I was really hoping for a "Best Team Award", "Best Comedic/Funny Award", and "Most Badass Scene Award", but I guess the ones we have right now are more than enough to keep me interested that I can't even complain.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll be nominating a lot in the awards, but expect me to vote, because I plan to vote in almost every single one and pick what I think is the best one that everybody else nominates.

Pretty much, it comes down to who can convince me the most......

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

There are some great awards given out this year... whoever came up with them exceeded even my expectations.

I was really hoping for a "Best Team Award", "Best Comedic/Funny Award", and "Most Badass Scene Award", but I guess the ones we have right now are more than enough to keep me interested that I can't even complain.

To be honest, I'm not sure if I'll be nominating a lot in the awards, but expect me to vote, because I plan to vote in almost every single one and pick what I think is the best one that everybody else nominates.

I was honestly looking forward to a "Best Fairy Tail OST Award". Even if it isn't directly related to Fairy Tail or the manga itself, it would be a cool topic to discuss/vote for. After all, this is a series known for having one of the best soundtracks...

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

I was honestly looking forward to a "Best Fairy Tail OST Award". Even if it isn't directly related to Fairy Tail or the manga itself, it would be a cool topic to discuss/vote for. After all, this is a series known for having one of the best soundtracks...

Good suggestions from both of you! :super

"Funny/Comical" probably can be covered in "Most Emotional Moment" - be it happy, funny, sad, angry, confused, cruel, or any deep emotional moments.

"Badass scene" can go to "Most Epic Moment."

"Best Team" - Perhaps it can be considered in the next award to be more diversified in the category to include more people in a team rather than just a pair. "Best Pairing" which comprises of any two in a team may not necessarily to cover only couples. If any two characters can form a good team work, in sync and connected can also be considered as "best pairing."

"Best OST" - Surprisingly there isn't any award for music this year. I think it will be good to have - to include FT numerous music and songs. Many are really very nice. :)

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't lie, I wouldn't mind a Best Fanservice Moment lol I'm deadass too. It'll be interesting to see the nominations... I have a few in mind :teehee

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Can't lie, I wouldn't mind a Best Fanservice Moment lol I'm deadass too. It'll be interesting to see the nominations... I have a few in mind :teehee
Obviously that time when Team Natsu were bathing in Warrod's hot spring *insert Lenny face*

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Obviously that time when Team Natsu were bathing in Warrod's hot spring *insert Lenny face*
There are really too many scenes to choose from, aren't there? Mashima doesn't even spare his cover stories and twitter. It's like all over the world. :loool

Alrighty, I'm getting his vibe of exaggeration. :teehee But thinking about it, "Best Fanservice" will be the funniest award (ever) - we should consider it next year. I like this suggestion. :super

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Great to get positive comments and suggestions for categories so early. I do know most have been looking forward to this, so it's very nice to be off to a good start. All feedback and opinions would be considered and though it's not entirely possible to have all suggestions that have/will be made, we'll do our best to either incorporate & accommodate most of them.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I was thinking of a Best "that escalated quickly" moment.
I would nominate Sabertooth's guild reunion, Jemma scolding Sting and Rogue, Lector defending Sting, Jemma "killing" Lector, Sting killing Jemma.

But i just have weird ideas.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I would nominate Sabertooth's guild reunion, Jemma scolding Sting and Rogue, Lector defending Sting, Jemma "killing" Lector, Sting killing Jemma.

A perfect entry for "that escalated quickly" would be Silver meeting Natsu. That and when Rogue ran into Ichiya whilst trying to find Frosch.

I'd love to see this in the next awards tbh.

@WithYouInSpirit That idea was Taku's lol.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
A perfect entry for "that escalated quickly" would be Silver meeting Natsu. That and when Rogue ran into Ichiya whilst trying to find Frosch.

:rofl
This guy has the good ideas people xD

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

@WithYouInSpirit That idea was Taku's lol.

It's a creative idea, not weird at all.

It can be like " A Sudden, Quick, Surprising and Unexpected" moment - putting everything that comes from nowhere together. (Just so we could :loool)

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
can we nominate something that's not in the manga but is seen in the anime?
I don't see why not, as long as it's Fairy Tail related and not fan-fic or fan-art, it will be fine. What do you have in mind?

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I was thinking of "Key of the Starry Sky Arc"

and also these guys...

the ones whom I believe will defeat Acnologia.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I was thinking of "Key of the Starry Sky Arc"

and also these guys...

the ones whom I believe will defeat Acnologia.

Butt war huh? No one can win them... That will be the funniest moment for the fairies. :loool

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Wait... Acnologia IS human. he turned into a dragon by the overuse of Dragon Slaying magic, but originally he was a human, dragon slayer... Even currently he's seen with human form. Can we still nominate him there?
Acnologia fits into both categories, human and non-human. :^_^