Info/Discussion - 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info/Discussion 2017 Fairy Tail Awards Info / Discussion Thread

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Welcome to the 2017 Fairy Tail Awards. This thread is for event information and discussion - should you have questions regarding the event feel free to post here. If you wish to communicate privately, you may contact a staff member associated with the event. You may discuss other event related topics in this thread.

The FT Awards will run the same as the Manga Awards. First is a nomination round, followed by 2 semifinals, and then the final. At the end there will be one winner in each category.

Nomination round
  • You are allowed up to three nominations per category.
  • Please bold your nominations and state them clearly.
  • You may change your nomination at any time during this round
  • The top six nominees advance to the next round.
  • If there is a tie for sixth, a random selection will break the lock.

Semifinals
  • Successful nominees will be pitted against each other in 1 vs 1 vs 1 combat
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • One victor from each semifinal will advance. If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock

Final
  • The successful semifinalists will go head to head
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open. If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock

Event scheduleNominations: July 24th - July 29th
One day break: July 30th
Semifinals 1: July 31st - August 3rd
Semifinals 2: August 4th - August 8th
Final: August 9th - August 13th
12PM GMT is the approximate time mark for each day *Dates are subject to change*

1. Best Arc
  2. Best Battle
  3. Best Chapter
  4. Best Couple
  5. Best Design
  6. Best ED (Anime)
  7. Best Fanservice Moment
  8. Best Female Character
  9. Best Guild
  10. Best Magic Spell
  11. Best Male Character
  12. Best Omake/OVA
  13. Best OP (Anime)
  14. Best Quote
  15. Best Transformation
  16. Best Villain
  17. Best Volume Cover
  18. Most Emotional Moment
  19. Most Surprising Moment
  20. Most Underrated Character
  21. Worst She's Erza Moment
Note - Manga material counts for all categories except OP/ED. Anime/filler material counts in categories only when specified.

It should go without saying that each and every one of the Forum Rules apply in this event. Please join in and have fun with these awards to celebrate the manga's completion!

Last edited:

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
From what I see, many people use FT awards for trolling/showing their salinity. Last arc left me salty too, but please, guys, this is our farewell to this manga, take it bit more seriously, I'm sure you have many good memories about it :)

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Just wondering, can we nominate dark guilds in the best guilds award? And do the Spriggan 12 count?

Also, looking forward to seeing how these go now that the manga is finished! Thanks to the mods for doing this again!

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just wondering, can we nominate dark guilds in the best guilds award? And do the Spriggan 12 count?
Yes Dark Guilds count.

As for the S12, they fall under Alvarez Empire which is composed of a heap of guilds... so you can nominate Alvarez but not the S12 (the shields are more like S-Class members of a guild).

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
This includes anime and fillers, right?

Does the Jiggle Butt Gang count as a guild? :hmm

Also... @Linali , you posted your Omake nominations in the OP thread.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes Dark Guilds count.

As for the S12, they fall under Alvarez Empire which is composed of a heap of guilds... so you can nominate Alvarez but not the S12 (the shields are more like S-Class members of a guild).
By the way so alvarez empire could count under best guild, right?(It's not like anyone in his sane mind would nominate them after all this torcher.)

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

For Best Guild we will only use guilds from the manga.

Anime/fillers are used for certain categories where it's specified (e.g Best Arc).

I will amend the info post to specify this :)

By the way so alvarez empire could count under best guild, right?(It's not like anyone in his sane mind would nominate them after all this torcher.)
Yes it can count for Best Guild.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States

Also... @Linali , you posted your Omake nominations in the OP thread.
I think Butt Jiggle gang are more like a full fledged team without any affiliation to the guild. They are something like team natsu & thunder tribe but with no affiliation to the guild.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanted to say: Great job to whoever created the promotional banner for Fairy Tail Awards 2017.

It looks pretty cool and the design was really well thought out.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
How come it isn't canon? Hiro himself wrote that Dragon Cry is canon. And the he confirmed it in chapter 543 :s
But since Half-Dragon Natsu isn't allowed, here are my 3 nominations:

1)Zeref Fairy Heart Transformation
Not much needs to be said, it was epic as hell. And the design in gorgeous.

2)Mirajane Alegria
This form is also very epic. Too bad Mira used it only once :(

3)Dimaria's Take Over: God Soul
Also a godly transformation with a godly design(Zeref's is still leagues better though).
I'll respond here in case anyone else is confused about what is considered eligible or not. If you take a look at the opening post of this thread (bottom of the second spoiler tag), you'll see:
Note - Manga material counts for all categories except OP/ED. Anime/filler material counts in categories only when specified.

So the reason why Half-Dragonized Natsu doesn't count is because it was never shown in the manga. Truthfully, I haven't watched Dragon Cry yet. But from what I've read here and there, it seems only the part about Sonya and her relationship with Acnologia is canon. Things like Erza casting Grand Chariot (correct me if this didn't actually happen) is not. Take the Key of the Starry Sky Arc as another example. The Zentopia incident in itself was canon but Cobra going Dragon Force or whatever wasn't.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'll respond here in case anyone else is confused about what is considered eligible or not. If you take a look at the opening post of this thread (bottom of the second spoiler tag), you'll see:

So the reason why Half-Dragonized Natsu doesn't count is because it was never shown in the manga. Truthfully, I haven't watched Dragon Cry yet. But from what I've read here and there, it seems only the part about Sonya and her relationship with Acnologia is canon. Things like Erza casting Grand Chariot (correct me if this didn't actually happen) is not. Take the Key of the Starry Sky Arc as another example. The Zentopia incident in itself was canon but Cobra going Dragon Force or whatever wasn't.
But Cobra didn't go Dragon Force in Key of the Starry Heavens. He obtained "sound magic" in that arc. Most of the Oracion Seis obtained new powers in that arc. However they are canon, since they used it later on(Angel using "Angel" magic against Jellal for example).
So why wouldn't it apply to Dragon Cry? Hiro himself said that it was canon, we even know in which period it happened(between Avatar and Alvarez).
Besides, Hiro himself said that Dragon Cry is linked to the finale of Fairy Tail. So I don't understand why Sonia, who had an impact on Acno's "backstory" in the manga, wouldn't be canon. She played a big role in the movie(as far as I know. I haven't exactly watched it yet. Just heard the spoilers) as did Natsu's Half-Dragon transformation.
So I really don't see why it isn't canon. I have nothing against not using it here at the forums, but I disagree on the "non-canon" part.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Z E R E F S A M A P L E A S E W I N F O R U S

@Brandish I was surprised when I didn't see a Most Overhyped Character Category this year.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
@Brandish I was surprised when I didn't see a Most Overhyped Character Category this year.
Oh yea, we tried to keep potential salt as low as possible with the awards, given the chapter threads.

(But She's Erza is a meme at this point so it had to be included xD)